Three More Grits to Run for Leadership

Of these candidates, who would you prefer?

• The Hon. Scott Brison, P.C., M.P

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Hon. Josephe Volpe, P.C., M.P.

• The Hon. Maurizio Bevilacqua, P.C., M.P

• Don't know / Prefer not to respond³

• Total voters

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Three more persons are set to announce their running for the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada in quite short order: the Honourable Scott Brison, P.C., M.P., the Member for Kings—Hants and the Environment Critic for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition; the Honourable Josephe Volpe, P.C., M.P., the Member for Eglinton—Lawrence and Treasury Board Critic; and the Honourable Maurizio Bevilacqua, P.C., M.P., the Member for Vaughan and Competitiveness and the New Economy Critic. They are thought to be prepared to announce official bids to enter into the race for leadership some time this week.

Click here to read the entire article in English.
Cet article n'est pas disponible en français à ce temps.
¹

:?: Sources²
1. Click here for the Web site of CTV.

:!: Revision : (1, 2) Added links to the article and source.
:!: Revision : (3) Added a "Don't know / Prefer not to respond" option to the survey.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Brison's Leadership

Despite having been a former member of the Conservative Party of Canada, I don't think (in my opinion, of course) that Mr. Brison would be a bad leader. I think that this left-of-centre views, in particular on social issues such as same-sex marriage, would make him a good candidate, in terms of inspiring the party. However, I suppose that him having crossed the House of Commons a few years ago would pose quite the obstacle.