Harper promised open Government and reneged on his promise.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Harper has introduced a policy of restricting reporters' access to the third floor hallway where Cabinet meetings are held, and where reporters traditionally ask questions of ministers as they left the meetings.

The Parliamentary Press Gallery is also increasingly up in arms over the Prime Minister's news conferences. His press aide selects which reporters ask the questions, which reporters say allows him to pick favourites and avoid the questions of other journalists.

This is not democracy, it is hypocrisy at it's best!!!!!
That is not how a Politician will win voter confidence.

Destroying the illusion that we already comprehend the world perfectly and honestly accepting the fact of our own ignorance, Socrates believed, are vital steps toward our acquisition of genuine knowledge, by discovering universal definitions of the key concepts governing human life.

Harper would much rather have every one kept away from the truth because thwe truth will cause him problems in the electorate.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: Harper promised open Government and reneged on his promi

Socrates the Greek said:
Harper has introduced a policy of restricting reporters' access to the third floor hallway where Cabinet meetings are held, and where reporters traditionally ask questions of ministers as they left the meetings.

The Parliamentary Press Gallery is also increasingly up in arms over the Prime Minister's news conferences. His press aide selects which reporters ask the questions, which reporters say allows him to pick favourites and avoid the questions of other journalists.

This is not democracy, it is hypocrisy at it's best!!!!!
That is not how a Politician will win voter confidence.

Destroying the illusion that we already comprehend the world perfectly and honestly accepting the fact of our own ignorance, Socrates believed, are vital steps toward our acquisition of genuine knowledge, by discovering universal definitions of the key concepts governing human life.

Harper would much rather have every one kept away from the truth because thwe truth will cause him problems in the electorate.

Bull crap. After the way the national press media bought into the lies and scare tactics espoused by the former Lieberal government over the past few years, but especially in the 2004 election and the last week or so of the 2006 election, they have no right to expect anything out of Harper than what he is providing. What are they missing out on? Is the news being muzzled? If you think so, exactly how? The media is so self important in this country it makes me sick. There is nothing wrong with the way the media is being dealt with, and quite frankly, I much prefer a government that actually does what it says, instead of governing by polls and by using the the media as their personal press corps. The media is simply all up in arms over this issue because they are being treated as simply news outlets, instead of the propoganda arm of the government.

We are missing nothing, folks, especially from the National Press Gallery, who really don't think Canada exists outside of Parliament HIll, anyway.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

So rolling back free and open democracy because he doesn't like them giving air time to the Liberals in 2004. Tough luck. The Liberals had conferences and the media published what they said in their conferences and besides the Conservatives shot themselves in the foot in 2004 not the Liberals or the media.

Bunch of baloney.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta

Jersay said:
So rolling back free and open democracy because he doesn't like them giving air time to the Liberals in 2004. Tough luck. The Liberals had conferences and the media published what they said in their conferences and besides the Conservatives shot themselves in the foot in 2004 not the Liberals or the media.

Bunch of baloney.

The only baloney is from you and the Liberals in 2004. Where are the rollbacks of free and open democracy? Having a government not treat the media as a propoganda tool is very refreshing. Makes you and people like you actually have to think for themselves instead of repeating verbatim the lies that the media has repeated from the lying Liberal government. Simply put, my friend, if you repeat a lie long enough, pretty soon most will believe it. You, apparently, have bought into the lies hook line and sinker. Too bad.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
RE: Harper promised open

The media is the massager, although I agree they do not always do the proper job. Harper campaigned in open Government, and the truth is if you have nothing to hide why becomes paranoid. You being BLUE ALBERTA confirms your bias. Only election day the score will be settled, just don’t place your bet just as yet, you may loose your coin and then you may change your name to red alberta. And that will be bull crap my NEO CON Canadian pal.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

Hey BLUE ALBERTA I suppose the steeling of peoples votes sits well with NEO CON thinking. Democracy would not allow my vote to be squandered by thieves like Emerson and Harper. It appears that you have no problem with that, which automatically confirms your allegiance to hypocrisy my Canadian NEO CON pal.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

The polls seem to indicate we're content to let it happen so we deserve whatever we get. If we've forgotten the benefits, we're better off without the mechanism until we remember.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006

Socrates tells it like it is, Democracy is the name and hypocritical Harpocracy is the game. The voter who wanted change in Canadian politics because of anger towards the Liberals got change, but the fact is this change will cost big. The economy in Canada is good because of the Liberals and the self serving opportunist Tories soon will be bragging that it was them that caused this economical Canadian well being not the Liberals.