Stats Can Hires Convicted Organized Crime Group For Census

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
www.PEJ.org
www.countmeout.ca

If you're a person who bothers to fill out the StatsCan Census, here is your chance to protest government function outsourcing and get at the giant American war profiteer Lockheed Martin. Statistics Canada has contracted out the software and data processing portion of the upcoming May 2006 Canada Census to a subsidiary of US weapons manufacturer Lockheed Martin.

In addition to answering all the questions truthfully, as is required by law, you can demonstrate disagreement with this outsourcing. If you all do a little, the Census will feel it a lot.

Start by NOT USING the online software provided by Lockheed Martin to answer. Use the paper format instead.

"If even 50 percent of Canadians return their forms using one or more of the suggestions listed, the efficiencies which were supposedly to be achieved by contracting out the software portion of the Canada Census to Lockheed Martin (Canada) will be more than nullified." quote from countmeout.ca

As well:

* You may have a preferred way of folding correspondence that you revert to absent mindedly, by habit.

* You may like to add a sticker or two on your census form, perhaps to promote your favourite charity. Try not to completely cover over the bar-code on your census form. But if you do happen to cover the barcode, your return can still be processed manually instead of with the Lockheed Martin designed

Scanning/tracking system.

* Maybe you like light blue pencils for filling in forms. Maybe you generally write very lightly

* Maybe your hand-eye coordination is not as good as it used to be, and you have difficulty keeping your individual letters inside the little boxes on the forms. Oh well, do your best.

* You may have lost the mailing envelope that the Census provided, but not the forms themselves. You might opt to use your own envelope to mail in your form. Perhaps the envelope is a different size and shape.

*When you mail in your form in your own odd-sized envelope, it won't be postage-prepaid. So address your envelope to:

The Hon. Maxime Bernier,
Minister of Industy,
House of Commons,
Ottawa Ont., K1A 0A6.

Now it can be sent postage-free! Bernier is the minister responsible for StatsCan

* You may get part way through filling in the replacement census form that you got after losing the original, before you realize that it is hard on your eyes and you would like the large-print census form instead that is offered by the Census..

* You may like to have a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, while you are completing your census form. Careful not to spill. But if you do, don't worry--your form can still be processed manually.

* You might place your completed census in the envelope and set it aside. A few days later, you see it, and forgetfully mistake it for junk mail. You crumple it up into a small ball and stomp on it a few times before you realize that it's the census. Oh well, straighten it out and mail it in.

SOME LOCKHEED MARTIN INFO

Lockheed Martin is known for corruption and breaking the rules. The U.S. Project on Government Oversite reports that:

* In 2002, Lockheed Martin had the second highest number of instances of misconduct and alleged misconduct of any US government contractor and payouts of just over $426 million US in fines.

* In 2000, Lockheed Martin was charged with 30 violations of the US Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Lockheed Martin paid a civil penalty of $13 million.

* In 1997, Lockheed Martin exported material to South Korea that can be used in missile delivery/reentry systems. Lockheed did not obtain the export license required for national security and nuclear nonproliferation considerations. The company paid a $45,000 civil penalty.

* In 1995, Lockheed Martin pleaded guilty to violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act for paying bribes to officials of the Egyptian Government. The company paid a criminal fine of $24.8 million.

Why is this good business? What would lead anyone to trust an organization with a criminal record of this length to have any access to Canadian Government business? Can they be trusted?

Amik

Electoral Member
Mar 21, 2006
RE: Stats Can Hires Convicted Organized Crime Group For Cens

Gee, I can't wait to get the forms and get started! LOL

aperion

Apr 7, 2006

organized criminals. i think what you meant was organized war criminals. im not certain tampering with the census forms would be a good idea. maybe im a little paranoid but-- wont you just end up on some kind of security list

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Bev's already on all of them.

But he's still a'ight.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006

LOL Dark Beaver. Did you come up with those suggestions- Im still wiping the tears from my eyes. I plan to use ALL of those methods with MY form- wow they're gonna have to pay twenty Canadians to figure it out! Why the %$$$^%## is it going to an American company anyway, even it werent a corrupt company, there are some things we Canadians should be able to do ourselves......

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RE: Stats Can Hires Convi

Well I imagine that a tender was issued and this criminal organization bid the lowest and won the contract, it's just good business which isn't the same as being a smart thing to do. This government will have do distance itself from the Americans if it wants to survive, the problem is that under the terms of NAFTA I don't think stupid bad business arangements like this will be possible to avoid, bad PR generated because of conections to American criminal organizations like this will play into my organizations hands and we will take advantage of everyone of them.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Well I imagine that a tender was issued and this criminal organization bid the lowest and won the contract, it's just good business which isn't the same as being a smart thing to do. This government will have do distance itself from the Americans if it wants to survive, the problem is that under the terms of NAFTA I don't think stupid bad business arangements like this will be possible to avoid, bad PR generated because of conections to American criminal organizations like this will play into my organizations hands and we will take advantage of everyone of them. Lockheed Martin has a criminal record,
a criminal record would prevent my disqualify me for Government work, why dosen't it disqualify Lockheed Martin from doing the same. I'd like to see thier application form.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006

Yeah, on top of it, dont you just love those "low bids" on government contracts. A company comes in, bids way too low, with everyone knowing it is a ridiculous, unobtainable quote, and they get the contract. Then later the company says "Hey, we cant do it for this amount of money. Can we have some more, please (I added the please to be polite to the capitalist pigs)" HMMMM... example the OLYMPICS...... the SKYDOME...
the 407 toll roads..... then the government is so stuck it hands over way more money than if they had taken a reasonable quote from a better company in the first place...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Well I imagine that a tender was issued and this criminal organization bid the lowest and won the contract, it's just good business which isn't the same as being a smart thing to do. This government will have do distance itself from the Americans if it wants to survive, the problem is that under the terms of NAFTA I don't think stupid bad business arangements like this will be possible to avoid, bad PR generated because of conections to American criminal organizations like this will play into my organizations hands and we will take advantage of everyone of them. Lockheed Martin has a criminal record,
a criminal record would disqualify me for Government work, why dosen't it disqualify Lockheed Martin from Government work. I'd like to see thier application form.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

a criminal record would disqualify me for Government work, why dosen't it disqualify Lockheed Martin from Government work. I'd like to see thier application form.Is my Government forcing me to cooperate with convicted criminals?

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006

Wow Beaver your tremors led to three posts there.....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Why is this a problem?

aperion

Apr 7, 2006
Re: RE: Stats Can Hires Convi

darkbeaver said:
a criminal record would disqualify me for Government work, why dosen't it disqualify Lockheed Martin from Government work. I'd like to see thier application form.Is my Government forcing me to cooperate with convicted criminals?

they would argue they merely provide the equipement asked of them by their government for national defense purposes-- just like any other manufacturer of such devices in any other country---. canadas government is perhaps as criminal-- just on a smaller scale------i think that canadian soventry will progressively weaken-- i already see the RCMP and CSIS as somewhat of an extension of the US military--