Afghanistan will benefit our military

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Disclaimer: The point of this thread is not to endorse war or to shore up support for future conflicts. It is simply a reflection of past military endeavors, present active conflicts and the affect future military engagements.

Our present mission in Afghanistan has changed the future of conflict for Canada's military. Prior to the Afghan war, dating back to the war in Korea, our role around the world has been peacekeeping in which we were governed by the United Nations and limited not only in our rules of engagement, but the requirement of military in this purpose.

The requirement was laid at the feet of the Infantry and Engineers and some support trades. For other units to join a tour they would have to shed their primary role and take on the role of an Infantry Unit.

For instance, an Artillery Unit would have to train in an Infantry role in order to carry out a tour to the Former Yugoslavia or Cypress. While there is training value in infantry skills, it does little to improve the combat readiness of the Artillery Unit and its effectiveness.

At present we are engaged in Afghanistan with full land and air support. Artillery, Armoured, CBT Engineer and Infantry Units are working together effectively to complete a difficult mission against an agressive and dangerous foe.

Not since the Korean war have our soldiers been engaged in such a venture and while what I am saying here may draw fire from pacifists (no pun intended) the reality is that this will ready our soldiers for future conflicts.

Canadian soldiers and future recruits will benefit from this conflict. Training will no longer be based on fictious enemies or battlefields. The benefit to future generations of soldiers will be priceless.

Godspeed to our Troops
M

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: Afghanistan will bene

I agree that the experiance will be valuable to Canadian armed force, having been in such close quarters with American forces our forces will be well equipt to engage the imperialist capitalist pig forces when our turn comes arround, and it will.

The Gunslinger

Electoral Member
May 12, 2005
Wetaskiwin, AB
I agree that the experiance will be valuable to Canadian armed force, having been in such close quarters with American forces our forces will be well equipt to engage the imperialist capitalist pig forces when our turn comes arround, and it will.

Imperialist capitalist pig forces? Maybe in some fantasy dreamworld. Get a grip dude, the Americans aren't going to invade Canada.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
.........or suppress homegrown and imported terrorists right here.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
RCS, I agree Afghanistan will benefit from our Military presense and Visa-Vie. On a side note, I wish our Air Force and Navy personel could particapate in at least one tour of duty in Afghanistan. Let us not forget some of the useless desk jockies in Ottawa, a little fire power under their asses might motivate them. Our Armys' lads and lasses are getting tired.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Unfortunate Consequence

It is unfortunate that an increase in recruitment and effectiveness of the Canadian Forces is a consequence of compromising the supremacy of the Parliament of Canada and, in particular, the House of Commons. It is unfortunate that our effectiveness in terms of the Forces abroad can only be increased through throwing the effectiveness of our democratic institutions out the doors of the Commons.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Personally,my hope is that the 200 soon to be out of work Gun Registry workers are forcibly enlisted in the Army and sent on active duty :twisted:

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
this kind of post is simple a reflection of the fact the during times of peace a soldier is a nobody
- and knows it

thats why its so important for many of them for us to be at war-whether its justified or not- and even if its to appease their war criminals allies

The ideal for many of them- that pseudodisclaimer notwithstanding is-- its war time all the time

very sad
--and amusing at the same time

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't think you quite understand how the Canadian Forces function, cortez. While I am most certainly no expert on the Forces, having never served time therewith, I would assert that the Forces have a multitude of duties that are carried out, from day to day, in a domestic context — notwithstanding whether or not Canada is currently engaged in any missions abroad.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
im referring to the psychology of the war monger miliitarists--
for whom i have no patience
whatsover
particularlly when they wrap crap in a flag and ask you to worship it

who do you work for---
paradox

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
multiple choice

a) CSIS
b) RCMP
c) Conservative party of Canada PR division
d) Governor generals office
e) any combination of the above
f) any similar organisation as the above
g) none of the above

work- could mean paid or voluntered

I Just had to ask
--
but of course you dont have to answer

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I have neither the time nor the patience today for your immature antics, cortez. If you can't engage in a proper discussion or debate, then perhaps it would be better if you would just navigate away from Canadian Content for a few hours — that, or let's try a responsive post every now and then.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
you asked what i meant
i told you
how is that immature
no more immature than half the stuff thats posted here
why get upset about that
you could just take it as a joke
and laugh it off
but you didnt
so now i know

bye!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Enough with the limerick-like posts, lest we think you a leprochaun.

My sincere apologies, cortez, my frustration is not meant for you. I have certain health-related things to attend to today, some of which make me particularly crabby. Consider my previous post thoroughly rescinded — but consider this a cautionary note for the future, in terms of indirect insults. :p

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
quick paradox
what did your commanding officer tell you about how to handle a rogue leftist that smelled you out.....
you must have a contingency plan

its been a few minutes since cortez cracked the code.............

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Cortez, please cut Five some slack if he says he needs it believe me he does. Please. Blowning kisses.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: Afghanistan will benefit our military

FiveParadox said:
Enough with the limerick-like posts, lest we think you a leprochaun.

My sincere apologies, cortez, my frustration is not meant for you. I have certain health-related things to attend to today, some of which make me particularly crabby. Consider my previous post thoroughly rescinded — but consider this a cautionary note for the future, in terms of indirect insults. :p

no insult intended-- to you
and no apology is required from you