OTTAWA

Democracy

Apr 4, 2006
bc
OTTAWA (CP) - The ethics package that was a centrepiece of the Conservatives' successful election bid has been stripped of one of its fundamental elements, several sources told The Canadian Press on Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The proposed Federal Accountability Act will not include a sweeping set of reforms to Access to Information laws as promised in the Tory platform.

Those reforms would have given Canadians an unprecedented glimpse into the secretive machinery of government by allowing fuller public access to federal documents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just wait until a year from now Chicken Little Bush Lloyd Harper will dig a hole big enough to berry the Tories like his mentor Mulroney did. Mulroney berried the Tories so deep, they took 12 years to climb up to the surface. Funny how history is about to repeat her self. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Democracy said:
Those reforms would have given Canadians an unprecedented glimpse into the secretive machinery of government by allowing fuller public access to federal documents.

Well that's a shame if it is not legislated.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
They all dit holes. The second termers are the best. If I was PM I would retire early with an agreement similar to that Russian's.