#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Latest poll shows:

Liberals - 41%

PC - 34%

NDP - 20%

Grn - 5%

If an election were called tomorrow, would Harper win? If the liberals get themselve a decent leader who knows....

Comments

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
While the most recent poll I could find in such a short time (gotta go lay down again in a sec'; über-sick today) was from February 21, 2006, it did give the Grits a two-point lead (I think). So I dunno.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Five, I found your email in the garbage can yesterday. I promptly responded. Sorry for the delay, I am a Dos baby. I hate windows.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Gotcha!!

This was the poll:

The SES Research monthly Ontario poll completed March 8th, shows the McGuinty Liberals holding a seven point lead over the Tory PCs. The margin between the two parties has slightly widened from four to seven percent in the last 30 days.

Methodology

Polling between March 5th and March 8th, 2006 (Random Telephone Survey of 500 Ontario residents, MoE ± 4.5%, 19 times out of 20). Percentages may not add up to 100 due to rounding.

Committed Ontario Voters (Change from February 2006)

Liberals 41% (NC)

PC 34% (-3)
NDP 20% (+2)

Green 5% (+1)

Undecided 11% (-4)

The detailed tables with the methodology and sub-tabs are posted on our website at http://www.sesresearch.com

Feel free to forward this e-mail. For any supplementary use of the research please refer to the initiative as the “SES Research Poll”

Cheers,

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Jersay said:
Why the hell would people vote for the Liberals.

I'm stumped too.

But for Ontario this isn't good news for Liberals. They hold a huge 71 of the 103 seats in the House.

Liberal Party of Ontario:71
Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario:22
New Democratic Party of Ontario:7
Vacant seat(s): 3

So they hold 70% of the cards right now and they can only get 41% of people to say they actually would vote for them, and 11% swing vote? You know that swing vote is soft conservative....I don't think things look all that rosy for Ontario Liberal voters; in the scheme of things, when has it?

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO
cortez said:
Jersay said:
Why the hell would people vote for the Liberals. Vote for the NDP. Spread the word.

The NDP are too far right
vote green

Right??? its left, extreme left. The Liberals will have a better chance next election with our new Leader..and without Martin representing them.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
You don't have a leader.

NDP. NDP. NDP

The green are just to green.

If I would vote for anyone else it would be the First nations Peoples Party or the Communists.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
All the polls I've seen have had the Cons slightly higher then everybody but all three parties pretty close together. I think we really should give this government a few years to show how bad or how well they govern.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
vishliberal said:
cortez said:
Jersay said:
Why the hell would people vote for the Liberals. Vote for the NDP. Spread the word.

The NDP are too far right
vote green

Right??? its left, extreme left. The Liberals will have a better chance next election with our new Leader..and without Martin representing them.

NDP is centre left, I'd agree but far left, what kind of crack are you smoking because I want some. You want to see far left, look at the old Soviet untion in the 1920's. Social Democracy is based on progressive democratic change and comprimise , not drastic revolutionary violent uncomprimising change.

The NDP is no far left as the conservatives are facsist. Your living in a fantasy world of extrems my friend.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Jersay said:
Agreed Finder.

but I still think we should give the conservatives a chance to see how bad or good they are. If they were to be pushed out of office next month what would we have really learned of them in sch a short time without parliment sitting.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I don't no. They seem to think they won as a majority. And I feel that leaving them in too long, two three years will cause Canada alot of damage since they can still do alot of things without going through parliment.

Maybe I would give them a year to 16 months like Martin had. At the very most unless they turn sensible.