Harper getting fatter

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/2006...mtvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

OTTAWA (CP) - Endless razzing about his growing girth is one of the hazards of politics, says Stephen Harper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Too skinny, too fat - he has battled the scale all his life, the prime minister said Monday in an interview with a Quebec television network.

Indeed, high-school snapshots show Harper as a bespectacled wisp of a boy who competed as a runner.

Not any more.

Of late, his bulging midsection has been the subject of unflattering photos, editorial cartoons and even news reports documenting his love of calorie-packed soft drinks.

Cameras may be unkind to Harper these days, but that's not why he'll avoid them when Brigitte Bardot comes to Ottawa on Wednesday, the prime minister added.

The French film legend announced last week her first visit to North America in 30 years and plans to hold a news conference with other animal rights activists to protest the East Coast seal hunt.

She had hoped to meet with Harper to discuss her concerns but that won't happen.

"My responsibilities are about the . . . needs of Canadians," Harper said.

"I don't intend to participate in the actions of famous people for publicity."

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Well, considering most prime ministers have been men, I might not have as long to wait as you do, Jersay, hehe. However, at least we aren't in the UK; I swear, I saw an MP in there who looked like she had to be Hagrid's wife.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Why have we never had a hot prime minister?

It would be so much easier to watch the House of Commons that way ...

I had to remind myself you're speaking as a homosexual...I almost agreed with you, then I realized I was about to post in favour of a hot MALE Prime Minister....you tricked me, jerk :(

Seriously though, who cares if Harper is getting chunky, look at Paul Martin, that little butterball. Or Joe Clark, 'member that lardball?

Also who the f.uck is Brigitte Bardot?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Haha, Mogz, perhaps for ease of future reference (and ease of your own comfort and mental security, lol) future references by me to hot guys can be deemed, if and when responded to by you, to be considered in parallel as being in reference to hot women?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Harper getting fatter

Mogz said:
Also who the f.uck is Brigitte Bardot?

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
1934! She's 72 years old! That's not hot and sexy. That's old and yuck. Where does some crusty french bimbo get off coming to this Country and telling us we cannot club seals?

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
I saw her picture in the paper a few days ago.
I had to take 4 pills and have a little lie down.
8)