Liberal Party Thanks Paul Martin

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yesterday, the Liberal Party of Canada expressed its thanks to the Right Honourable Paul Martin, P.C., M.P.; the Member for LaSalle—Émard, but known better for how he is going to be remembered in history — a former, though short-lived, Prime Minister of Canada. He is going to perhaps not be remembered for his conduct during his prime ministership, but rather in that of his former capacity as the Minister of Finance. Mr. Martin made an unprecedented "comeback", as it were, in terms of the finances of the nation.

The Web site for the [color=red said:
Liberal Party of Canada[/color]]As Finance Minister, Mr. Martin ushered in an unprecedented era of balanced budgets and led the charge in eliminating the deficit, making Canada deficit-free for the first time in three decades.

He brought in the largest tax reduction in Canadian history – $100 billion over five years, reformed the CPP to secure the future pensions of Canadians for at least the next 75 years, and introduced the National Child Benefit to help children in poverty. These measures, and more, have had an enormous impact on the lives of people across the country.

As Prime Minister, Mr. Martin built on his economic achievements as Finance Minister to maintain strong growth in the Canadian economy, with more jobs and a better business environment for Canadians.

Click here to read the entire article in English.
Cliquetez içi pour lire l'article entier en français.
:?: Sources
1. Click here for the Web site for the Liberal Party of Canada.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Well I will admit I never liked Paul Martin and I kinda didn't mind Jean Cretchen all that much. I think in the end the one saving grace that Paul had was that he had professed he was a democratic reformer, yet like Harper totally let me down. Also you have to give him at least a little bit of credit for opening the doors for us on the Liberal corruption, though I believe he did this just to prove his innocents in the whole thing when I'm pretty sure his hand was in it too.

Anyhow he wasn't all that bad and did deserve a full term in office, but I'm glade we were not stuck with him for a decade.