Information Commissioner's Term Extended

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yesterday, the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P., the Member for Calgary Southwest and Prime Minister of Canada, announced that he would be advising that the the appointment of the Honourable John Reid, P.C., the Information Commissioner of Canada be extended by six months.

The Web site for the [i said:
Office of the Prime Minister[/i]]"Mr. Reid's extension will ensure that the Office of the Information Commissioner continues to function effectively as the Government moves forward with reviewing the Access to Information Act," said the Prime Minister.

Click here to read the article in English.
Cliquetez içi pour lire l'article en français.
:arrow: My Opinion

Hehe, perhaps the system is turning me into a very suspicious person. If the presence of the Hon. Mr. Reid as the Information Commissioner is appropriate, if appointed by the Grits, then why is the presence of Dr. Shapiro not appropriate, in the opinion of the current Government of Canada? I cannot help but to continue to question the ethics of the Prime Minister. He seems to be, in my opinion, nothing more than a hypocrite — as is true with both of the Commissioners, they were appointed under the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada, and both received the consent of the House of Commons.

Should it not be both, or none?

:?: Sources
1. Click here for the Web site of the Office of the Prime Minister.