The Western Standard

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
I'm just wondering if this magazine is availiable all across Canada? Does anyone know of any stores which have chosen to ban this magazine? Has anyone bought a copy or subscribe?

orpheus

Nominee Member
Mar 14, 2006
Canada, I would presume.
The Western Standard has its headquarters in Calgary. It is a conservative magazine that chose to publish the controversial Islamic Cartoons. Certain stores chose to ban that specific issue. I know that McNally Robinson chose not to sell it. I'm not sure if Coles followed the same action. They refuse to sell Mein Kampf so they may have decided not to sell the magazine.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Jersay said:
No I think it is only in Alberta.

no because I know they sell in BC and Saskatchewan .....and I would assume Manitoba as well. I am not sure about central and eastern Canada or the United States.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Re: RE: The Western Standard

orpheus said:
The Western Standard has its headquarters in Calgary. It is a conservative magazine that chose to publish the controversial Islamic Cartoons. Certain stores chose to ban that specific issue. I know that McNally Robinson chose not to sell it. I'm not sure if Coles followed the same action. They refuse to sell Mein Kampf so they may have decided not to sell the magazine.

Why in the bloody hell would anyone not sell Mien Kampf, it is an historical piece of work it could hardly insight a new Nazi thingy could it?

ThirdDimension

Mar 14, 2006
The Columbia of the British
I personally don't think that book stores choosing to or not to sell controversial reading material such as Mein Kempf or magazines with the cartoons makes a difference at all. The fact that we are all reading these postings shows that we have access to the internet, in which all of the mentioned above are accessable. Oh, and Chris, I had no idea what The Western Standard was either. :)

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Re: RE: The Western Standard

darkbeaver said:
orpheus said:

Why in the bloody hell would anyone not sell Mien Kampf, it is an historical piece of work it could hardly insight a new Nazi thingy could it?

no sh*t, I dont understand why people want to tell you what to read or not read.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Anywho I was just reading my new issue of the Western Standard yesterday which has come under fire recently for printing the cartoons which caused muslims to rape and pillage for weeks last month. I was surprised to see in this issue that they had decided to print a picture of PISS CHRIST....you know that bottle of urine with christ on a cross dropped in it, which the lefties considered art a decade ago. Back then the left was outraged by the censorship because it was fellow christians who were outraged....but how come we diden't see the outrage when most western media failed to show the cartoons? i guess this is an example of the double standard...but whatever...

The piss christ picture does kind of tick me off, but whatever its freedom of the press... i doubt your are going to see christians calling a jihad on this magazine or anything.