What Canada is doing in Afghanistan

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
In 1998, Dick Cheney, now US vice-president but then chief executive of a major oil services company, remarked: "I cannot think of a time when we have had a region emerge as suddenly to become as strategically significant as the Caspian." But the oil and gas there is worthless until it is moved. The only route which makes both political and economic sense is through Afghanistan. :)

We are supporting a Government mostly made up of War Lords many of who are connected with war crimes and crimes against humanity, led by Hamid Karsai former employee of Unocol Oil Co. Karsai was appointed by Bush.
Our troops take thier orders from an American general.
Many Canadians will die in Afghanistan serving the Empire of the Hydrocarbon Junkies.
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/oil.html

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
As a result of sharply deteriorating political conditions in the region, Unocal, which serves as the development manager for the Central Asia Gas (CentGas) pipeline consortium, has suspended all activities involving the proposed pipeline project in Afghanistan.

That from the link in the first post in this thread.

It is an issue I have not looked at one iota. Most Canadians are likely as weary of issues upon issues as I am, or more. But it is a biggie - Canada is involved in one of the great corporate-inspired security actions like America has done so much of, which is all imoral, illegal , and Elitist-serving.

We are working for the wrong side in Afghanistan.

Canada is there to make sure the pipeline goes thru, and stays secure too. This means a long-standing occupation or involvement in Afganistan. For the goal, ultimately, of burning hydrcarbons, fossil fuels.

I don't like it - humans need to be finding ways to burn less oil, not more. Especialy, the humans who are not HUGELY wealthy, very very wealthy, because they, we, will all be left out of the shelters that can support life in a ruined ecosystem of earth. That may be a few years away, but well within the span of our grandkids.

We must de-rail their progress towards environmetal degradation, and that means using less oil and gas. Not buying new cars until they make one that is zero-emissions or very close to it. Not taking part in things that pollute, not buying toxic products either - its all petrochemicals.

Our leaders will NEVER be able to help us with this task. It is up to us, they are all controlled.

The action in Afghanistan is one that we must withdraw from immediately, or start supporting the other side. Blow up the pipeline, don't protect it.

We are working for the wrong side .

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Karlin said:
As a result of sharply deteriorating political conditions in the region, Unocal, which serves as the development manager for the Central Asia Gas (CentGas) pipeline consortium, has suspended all activities involving the proposed pipeline project in Afghanistan.

It is an issue I have not looked at one iota. Most Canadians are likely as weary of issues upon issues as I am, or more. But it is a biggie - Canada is involved in one of the great corporate-inspired security actions like America has done so much of, which is all imoral, illegal , and Elitist-serving.

Canada is there to make sure the pipeline goes thru, and stays secure too. This means a long-standing occupation or involvement in Afganistan. For the goal, ultimately, of burning hydrcarbons, fossil fuels.

I don't like it - humans need to be finding ways to burn less oil, not more. Especialy, the humans who are not HUGELY wealthy, very very wealthy, because they, we, will all be left out of the shelters that can support life in a ruined ecosystem of earth. That may be a few years away, but well within the span of our grandkids.

We must de-rail their progress towards environmetal degradation, and that means using less oil and gas. Not buying new cars until they make one that is zero-emissions or very close to it. Not taking part in things that pollute, not buying toxic products either - its all petrochemicals.

Our leaders will NEVER be able to help us with this task. It is up to us, they are all controlled.

The action in Afghanistan is one that we must withdraw from immediately, or start supporting the other side. Blow up the pipeline, don't protect it.

Damn good post, but people in general doesnt like facts, they only like fairy tail,to what their media tells them to do or to hate, ask ITN, jimover, colpy, mogz of what they think and you will see how sheep they are.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
....and then turn around and support big government.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
So did the Hudon Bay Company just wash up on shore one day?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: What Canada is doing in Afghanistan

Jay said:
It isn't facts; it's an opinion.

Opinion based on facts, true, not opinon based on fairy tail, i should have been more specific.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Karlin said:

First are you calling for Canadian Soldiers to blow up a pipeline? If you are then your saying Canadian Soldiers should commit an Act of Terrosim.

Would you visit the Troops in Afghanistan and tell them they are on the wrong side. Would you visit the injured Troops from Afghanistan and tell them they were on the wrong side? Would you tell the family members of the fallen the sacrifices were in vain because Canada is on the wrong side? Would you do that?

What is the right side The Taliban and Al Qaeda?

You saying Canada should cut and run from Afghanistan and all that does is embolden the Terrorists.

Supporting the Mission in Afghanistan isn't being Gung Ho or a War Monger it's being proud of what Canada is doing.

Canada being in Afghanistan has nothing to do with Oil, stop living in the Michael Moore Fahrenheit 9/11 reality and come back to the real World. :roll:

DerekJay

Mar 14, 2006
Johnny Utah said:
Karlin said:

First are you calling for Canadian Soldiers to blow up a pipeline? If you are then your saying Canadian Soldiers should commit an Act of Terrosim.

Would you visit the Troops in Afghanistan and tell them they are on the wrong side. Would you visit the injured Troops from Afghanistan and tell them they were on the wrong side? Would you tell the family members of the fallen the sacrifices were in vain because Canada is on the wrong side? Would you do that?

What is the right side The Taliban and Al Qaeda?

You saying Canada should cut and run from Afghanistan and all that does is embolden the Terrorists.

Supporting the Mission in Afghanistan isn't being Gung Ho or a War Monger it's being proud of what Canada is doing.

Canada being in Afghanistan has nothing to do with Oil, stop living in the Michael Moore Fahrenheit 9/11 reality and come back to the real World. :roll:
:roll: :roll:

DerekJay

Mar 14, 2006
Great Post... Glad to see that there are a few Canadians with a real perspective. I'm getting sick of watching the news. :x

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Well, were better than the news, that's for sure.

(unless it is the naked news, but I know your not talking about that because who could get sick of watching that?)

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: RE: What Canada is doing in Afghanistan

Jay said:
Well, were better than the news, that's for sure.

(unless it is the naked news, but I know your not talking about that because who could get sick of watching that?)
You would get sick of watching the naked news if it was Rosie O`Donnell or Bea Arthur doing the naked news thing.