McCartney calls on Ottawa to cancel seal hunt

Canuckgirl

Mar 1, 2006
Yeah ... probably not. Makes you wonder if these people have nothing better to do, huh? Not that I am a supporter of the seal hunt 100%. I kind have a lot of mixed emotions about it but, c'mon Paul, aren't there some starving children you could go visit?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
:lol:

Exactly.....I thank Christ each day I wasn't subject to the sixties!

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Jay said:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...2/Seal_hunt_060302/20060302?hub=Entertainment

OK we could probably cut a deal here....we will cancel the seal hunt IF Paul shuts the hell up, gives us all his money and quits writing that stupid music he creates!

Think he will go for it?

agreed
i agree paul macrtneys music is so bad ass sucky that if i even hear two bars of it i have to listen to an hour of rage against the machine at 100 decibels to bring me down agian

he would have more credibility if he had written i am a seal rather than i am a walrus

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
But wait,

Sir Paul has Richard Dean Anderson and Martin Sheen to help him this time.

I'm not wild about the seal hunt but that hunt was going on more than three hundred years befor Newfoundland joined Canada. The harp seals have adjusted to the hunt. If we stop it right now, the seal population, that has tripled since the seventies,(now around 7 million) will soar out of control. I don't know what that will do to the already depleted fish stocks.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
cortez said:
he would have more credibility if he had written i am a seal rather than i am a walrus

Good one! :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
One other small point

England imports Canadian seal pelts. Maybe Sir Paul should be picketing on the other side of the Atlantic.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
#juan said:
The harp seals have adjusted to the hunt. If we stop it right now, the seal population, that has tripled since the seventies,(now around 7 million) will soar out of control.

Interesting point.... it might be an environmental issue like geese are in the artic. Sport hunting declined and the numbers soared and now the geese are ruining the tundra. Ontario wildlife management's answer is to increase bag limits.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
but seriously

what makes us look bad to the international animal loving community is that we dont seem to have any high profile CANADIANS protesting this atrocity--

ie why should foreigners tell us what to do here---we should be seen to be having a a debate about it ourselves

so what musical act could best represent us in this context?

i would have nominated SKINNY PUPPY if they were still around --
but they aint---- so CELINE DION will do.

an added benefit would be the potential for her slipping into the frigid atlantic waters as she hugs a seal--- then her song-- we will go on--- could inspire her as it has inspired the ghosts of those who perished when titanic bit the dust--as much as it inspires many of us to drown ourselves when we are unfortunate enough to hear it go on and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I spent five years in NFL and Sealing is a way of life and a source of income. Those who par-take in the hunt are not being barbaric they have been trained by those who came before them. Parts of NFL were decimated with poverty because of what others deem cruel and the seal hunt was cancelled. With all the evil in the world "OIl companies" raping poor countries and giving nothing back the the comunities they are raping would be a better drum to beat. Paul can't sing but he likes the lime light ergo pick on the helpless in sealers.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The funniest thing is that Paul was on the same flight from Halifax to Charlottetown as the DFO guy responsible for the seal hunt...they had a little chat....

I do love Eurpoeans who are way past relevance coming here to tell us how to live, when they don't know any of the facts.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
RE: McCartney calls on Ot

I like seal meat, what pisses me off about these lovers of cuddly seal pups is that I didn,t see any of them hugging baby cod. Sure they,re a cute baby animal but if you,re a cute fish you don,t count.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: McCartney calls on Ot

darkbeaver said:
I like seal meat, what pisses me off about these lovers of cuddly seal pups is that I didn,t see any of them hugging baby cod. Sure they,re a cute baby animal but if you,re a cute fish you don,t count.

WARNING

Dark Beaver and Colpy are agreeing again.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: McCartney calls on Ot

darkbeaver said:

i thinks your a little apprehensive....

if we can club those cute little seals..........

why not beavers?

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
I wish he would have fought against economic growth instead. Seals are cute and furry, but when the population and consumption are growing so fast the problem is a lot more serious than seal brutality.

Culturally due to overpopulation of humans whaling has become universally frowned-upon (although Japanese still harvest whales under the facade of scientific research) and so has wearing fur coats.

What will be the next to go when it becomes obvious that certain habbits cannot be sustained because of overpopulation.

I vote we make eating lobster culturally unacceptable. After all, there are clearly too many of us to have us all eat lobster.

Why not stop the unecessary human population growth?