country wide protest

neallo

Feb 12, 2006
humanorder.blogspot.com
i think its about time we all step up to the plate and show the muslim world that we will not be opperessed by their actions. what started out as prostests, turned riots, turned to placing bounty's on people's head's. this would be the prime time for the moderate muslims to come out of the closet. they are now using the cartoons as an exuse to riot and place bounty's on people's head that don't lean their way.

i call on everybody to join me on this just cause. it will be the beginning. let us be the first to lead the rest of this world against muslim extremist.

what do you say?

capebretoner

Dec 6, 2005
Halifax
www.hosernews.ca
I say that all of this is extremely stupid. Both sides are getting stupid. It is n ot opression NOT to publish the cartoons over and over again.

Also it is not intelligent of the Muslim world NOT to condemn the actions of the few. However that may be that the Western media is not covering the Muslims that are calling out to their fellow person to stop the outrage.

It is not approiate to publich something just for the shock factor. How about someone pblish a cartoon of Jesus having sex WITH a condom. See how the Vatican reacts.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This is becoming ridiculous.

We don't need to start waging war on anyone — if everyone has the freedom of speech, then these Muslim Canadians (and the world Muslim population) has the right to voice their opinions on the matter, too. Expressions should not, however, extend to violence — but it sounds like you are planning some sort of anti-Muslim revolution!

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
I have no time for this issue any more. I fail to see the logic in wasting a day parading around a city and/or campus with poorly penned, poster-board signs calling for jihad. I think the whole thing is fucking stupid (pardon my French). Ranting and raving about allahs will on national television, a network in a largely christian nation, serves no purpose. I'm an athiest, and as such take no sides in a religious argument, however I have to feel that if the roles were reversed and some arab drew a cartoon about jesus, that christians wouldn't give a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut. Yes i'm sure there'd be a few who'd call on god to smite the heathen bastards, but you wouldn't have this massive stupidity as we do now. Furthermore, as i've said all along, the people who drew the cartoons were not muslims, and as such not bound by islamic law. So every last muslim, in my opinion, on these forums, in my country, on the planet, can roll up their prayer mat and shut the hell up. I personally don't care about allah, the koran, or how badly the sand in your poor excuse for a country chafes your ass-crack. I don't care if you hate me, I don't care if you hate my country, I don't even care if you hate pork, I just don't care. I'll keep living my life, i'll keep shaking my head whilst watching you act like a tool on tv, and i'll keep laughing every time I hear some new newspaper has published the cartoons. In short, I find this all hilarious. I just wish the rest of the World could step back and realize how moronic this whole situation is.

P.S. Send hate mail to the email in my profile :)