Trouble in Paradise

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
http://tinyurl.com/d9sx5

canada news
Friday, Feb 10, 2006

Tory MP expects office in 'vermin-infested dank basement' after stand

OTTAWA (CP) - Conservative MP Garth Turner says he expects to be assigned an office in "a renovated washroom somewhere in a forgotten corner of a vermin-infested dank basement" after suggesting a former Liberal resign his seat and seek re-election before taking a Tory cabinet job.

In his online blog, Turner says he had a series of "unhappy meetings" with caucus officials Thursday over his comments, including one with Prime Minister Stephen Harper. "I think it is now safe to say my career options within the Conservative caucus are seriously limited," writes Turner, a former columnist and Progressive Conservative MP, now representing the Ontario riding of Halton.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I think this situation has turned around and bit Harper. The party, I'm sure, doesnt like being attacked for being sleezy after all the harsh words they had for the Liberals.

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
Yeah, he’s doomed, for the short term.

I see that he will probably become a more ardent voice for parliamentary reform, if the conservatives do fall flat on their campaign issues. For people who tend to stand against paradigms this is the case and at first they meet heavy resistance, but in the end they usually end up better off because they stuck to their principals and understood the need for change.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm surprised that Harper doesn't seem to react to these things publicly. It seem a lot of his caucus were hoping for a turn around and now Garth Turner is compaining openly about it. The next problem will be the childcare agreements the Liberals made with some of the provinces. Like it or not, these provinces will fight to keep the deal they have.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
TenPenny

I wonder if we might call them Harpercrits..... :wink: :lol: