Alberta Private Health Care response to a Doctor.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Health Care costs Unstainable? No it is not! All the figures they use in their studies to support this mis information dwell on a growing senior population which is shown to use 7 times more money than is presently taken out by seniors.

Escalating drug costs. This is in my mind necessary. A decent return has to be brought back into these companies to give them funds to recover their 10 years or so of trials and to sponsor the still next generation of drugs. I agree with protection from generics until a reasonable time has passed.

The misrepresentation grows.
The Calgary Hip and Knee replacement circus.
There were a couple hundred people interviewed for the trials at reducing the wait times.

Of these, only people who were expected to be in hospital for a very short period of time were allowed into the "study". If a longer period of a couple weeks stay was required they were "not eligible" for the "study".

The resulting picture of expedience was on one part warped but on the second view it is a reasonable expectation for the future treatment people can expect.

Klein has been restricting beds deliberately without a view to cost for the sole purpose of putting a strain on the health care system.

Selling the Hip Replacement Hospital to Dinning and company for a lowball price and then, putting millions into the hospital after it was purchased, for improvements and updates was a statement of insider preferences and the obvious lack of concern for costs. Plus, 20 million went into the place in the first year paid out of health treatment funds.

The Regional Hospital Authorities own the hospitals, lock stock and barrel. They can sell anything at any price they want all they need is cabinet approval! Albertans are getting excited about the Government building new hospitals. They will bow aside like sheep when these new hospitals are turned over to private insiders for their financial improvements. More billions out of the taxpayer pot into the hands of the insider industry folk.

The MRI machines which are owned by the Universities are grossly under-used. Considering they hit a person with a dose several times higher than an X-Ray I am not in a hurry to get into one but, the artificial crisis remains.

You have said I should leave this stuff alone. Its filth and I can't!

Lies, cheats and more lies again!

Colin

Jun 20, 2005
RE: Alberta Private Healt

I love information without proper citation, not that I doubt this possible, but where is your source? Back up your facts people.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
I put my sources on previous posts. As explained at that time much came from conversations with hospitals. Straight forward questions about utiliziation!

I have posted emails from people who were involved in the studies.

And finally, the seniors cost extensions in sustainability go back 6 years and were in the press at the time!

No I don't have and have no intention of putting up a bunch of .url's for your entertainment. Soon enough you will be living with the results of this same program.

Perhaps when it is turned on in your neck of the woods you can identify it and do something on your turf.

Read - Talk - make friends.

nomore

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2006
LOL, seriously "we're not allowed to make this stuff up".

It must be true then