Time is running out

bruju

Jan 16, 2006
Well Canada
I sit here tonight wondering what or who to vote for. Yes believe it or not I like many other Canadians have not decided who to turn my life over to for another term of federal politicians.
I wonder should I vote for the same bunch of liars that have had my support for the last twelve years.
As I think back the reason I switched my vote back then was to the liberals was because of the lies and deception that the conservatives used during there rein. The gst that cost us so much in our daily lives and free trade that has cost us so much such as jobs.
that have gone south, the only ones benefiting from free trade were a few business people and the Americans. Oh surprise the Americans benefit from our Conservative government.
Now I'm torn between a party (liberal) that acts like we owe them another chance, or a party (Conservative) that is run by the oil companies in Calgary that don't give a sh-t about any part of Canada other than Alberta.
In my opinion the NDP and Green are not an option, voting for them is a wasted vote, I might as well not vote as to vote for them.
All I want is a real choice, I cannot honestly say I have one.
Lets hear some feed back maybe someone out there can give me a reason to justify me getting off my butt on Monday and do my duty .I don't want to be told who to vote for, maybe what there is to vote for.
As of now the choice is either broccoli or turnip,not much of a choice EH
(It is better to have a hen tomorrow than an egg today)

Breakthrough2006

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2005
Vote for change. I'm voting Conservative, but feel free to vote for whichever party you like, but the Liberals.

They deserve to be decimated on the 23rd.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
We can hope for a spate of real bad weather in which case either the Greens or the NDP could form a majority.

Look what happened with Ralph. 21% of the eligable population voted and it was enough to give him a majority!

I have two grown kids who are educated and alert. Both are voting Green because they will have a chance, if not this election the next one. As they tell me, look what happend in Italy!

I'm going to go with the Liberals.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
cyberclark said:
We can hope for a spate of real bad weather in which case either the Greens or the NDP could form a majority.

Look what happened with Ralph. 21% of the eligable population voted and it was enough to give him a majority!

I have two grown kids who are educated and alert. Both are voting Green because they will have a chance, if not this election the next one. As they tell me, look what happend in Italy!

Although I am a card-carrying Conservative, I will probably be voting Green Party. I don't like the idea of backing out of Kyoto, and I think the Conservatives are generally very weak on the environment. As I consider the environment as one of the key issues for me in this election, I don't think I can vote Conservative. As the Liberals are tanking, the need to vote strategically (ie. anti-Liberal) is not as pronounced.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
With nearly 20% of the vote, I am going to be voting for the NDP who listen to real values.

We gave the Conservatives a chance with Mulroney, deficit and corruption. We gave the Liberals a chance, they gave us corruption and a seperatist issue, so we should give the NDP a chance.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Strangely, jersay, i tried to contact the NDP with some questions and they never replied.

That aside, i do not trust the NDP fiscally, i do not trust the cons fiscally/socially/enviromnentally/or anything else, i trust martin's run as FM, but have no use for the libs or their latest offers of spending, and the Greens have a tainted record, so i vote for revolution.

bruju

Jan 16, 2006
the caracal kid and I have the same problem no one to trust, not sure there is anyone to vote for.
I have never missed doing my duty on E day in over fourty years, today I wonder is it worth the effort.

bruju

Jan 16, 2006
I am serious I would like some of our youth to help steer me in a direction that I have failed to find in some time. I don't want to vote for the party that is going to win, I want to vote for a winning party for Canada.

Basic

Jan 18, 2006
St. Albert
www.davidsuzuki.org
I am voting green (obviously). I have become sick of everyone else and I think its really annoying that they should not be allowed in the debate. They get no respect and I am trying to gain them some.

Dunkin

Jan 18, 2006
Calgary
www.pissed.ca
I don't mind the green party at all. I would consider voting for them if they were a more established party. I imagine they will become more popular as time goes on.

As for now I'm a Harper fan.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
MMMike said:
cyberclark said:

Although I am a card-carrying Conservative, I will probably be voting Green Party. I don't like the idea of backing out of Kyoto, and I think the Conservatives are generally very weak on the environment. As I consider the environment as one of the key issues for me in this election, I don't think I can vote Conservative. As the Liberals are tanking, the need to vote strategically (ie. anti-Liberal) is not as pronounced.

If the conservatives loose by one vote in your riding....don't be suprised if I show up at your place and pee on your lawn.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Our local Liberal made a big, big deal for the last two elections about how important it was to vote Liberal, because the Liberals were going to win, and we needed a guy on the gov't side.

I see that this time, he's really pushing that he can "work with anyone". I wonder why his message is slightly different?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Time is running out

FiveParadox said:
Well, Cyberclark, I'll fix your lawn. I'll pay for it personally, too, lol.

:)

I should have been clearer. I was addressing that to MMMike.

Breakthrough2006

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2005
MMMike.

Toronto is still very much in the air and leaning towards Liberal. What a surprise. The entire country is voting for change but the sheep in Toronto. Then we wonder why the rest of the country hates us.

Anyway, I still think you should consider voting Conservative since there will certainly be a lot of tight races in Toronto.

Here is another good reason to vote for Harper

snip--------------------------------------

Conservative Leader Stephen Harper made a personal commitment yesterday to fund Harbourfront Centre.

"We will maintain the current funding for the Harbourfront Centre over the next five years," Harper said yesterday at the Granite Brewery in Toronto. "I will take personal responsibility to make sure the commitment for the Harbourfront Centre actually gets delivered."

It's great news for the people at Harbourfront Centre

end snip--------------------------------

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
With all the talk about Liberal scandals

one might think that the country was broke and sliding into the abyss from all the mis-management. It is clear that this is not the case. Fiscally, the country is in great shape. The NDP are not going to win, and nor are the Green party. That leaves the CPC and the Liberals. I have no idea what Harpers real platform is. I think he is too tied to the U.S. to do this country much good. On the other hand, I see no reason to think that Martin and the Liberals will change their policies to the point where our economy will suffer. I can't say that about Harper and his crowd. I will vote Liberal.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Harper: Have you seen his "sit down" segment with Lloyd Robertson? Revealling indeed his lack of answers and his expressions when asked about his personal and party stances on abortion.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yes, I saw it.

If Harper were Pinochio, his nose would have grown about nine feet.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Jay said:
MMMike said:
cyberclark said:

If the conservatives loose by one vote in your riding....don't be suprised if I show up at your place and pee on your lawn.

:lol: Fair enough Jay. I'd love to see some polling data for my riding. It's been held by a Liberal since '93. We differ on policy on a lot of issues but all in all he's represented the riding well. He is also very approachable and will always respond to my regular rantings. To see him re-elected and the Martin Liberals moved to the opposition seats would be a perfectly acceptable outcome for me.