MORE MOLLYCODDLING OF CRIMINALS BY LIBERALS!

Who has more worth as a human being?

• Violent Offenders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Innocent Victims

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Uncle-jelapeno

The plan was to "increase the range of offences/offenders who can be diverted by using community-based alternatives to the criminal justice system."

It would keep "more offenders supervised in the community at $25 a day instead of incarcerated in a correctional facility at $162 a day," the documents say.

A key measure of success would be additional "diversion from custody" with an apparent target or quota of an extra 5% to 10% of offenders never reaching jail, the documents say.

I don't think this was mollycoddling criminals at all.

Citizen

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
#juan said:
Uncle-jelapeno

The plan was to "increase the range of offences/offenders who can be diverted by using community-based alternatives to the criminal justice system."

It would keep "more offenders supervised in the community at $25 a day instead of incarcerated in a correctional facility at $162 a day," the documents say.

A key measure of success would be additional "diversion from custody" with an apparent target or quota of an extra 5% to 10% of offenders never reaching jail, the documents say.

I don't think this was mollycoddling criminals at all.

Well I'm sorry but I totally disagree with the recommendations in that news article. I also note that Michael "kill innocent dogs" Bryant is the one promoting this lunacy.

I am disgusted to constantly hear/read politicians spew "community based programs" (read: more tax money flushed down the toilet) to "treat" offenders and would absolutely prefer to pay $162/day for incarceration costs rather than the $25/day forecast in that article (as if it would remain at $25 anyway).

It's high time all offenders are incarcerated with longer sentences.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would disagree that all offenders should be incarcerated with longer sentences. For those who commit violent crimes, such as assault or murder, I would urge the Government to create "tougher" sentences for such persons; however, in terms of things like tax evasion, fraud, and crimes of that sort, I would argue that incarceration does no good to us as a society other than to draw unnecessarily from the Canadian Consolidated Revenue Fund.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
There is the unholy cost to keeping some one locked up! I'm in favor of the present plan as compared to others I have seen put forward.

Our infamous Steve West in Alberta had a shot at hard core which was curious to watch.
In a constituancy meeting he told us when he went into a reman centre the warden opened the door and told every one that "The Miniser" was about to enter. In West's words "Not one of thoes characters stood up when I walked into the room! They didn't blink; they kept watching TV!"

It was 1 week later when Steve West pulled all the TVs out of the prisons and the guards got real busy!

I would favor public humiliation on a broad scale and, from what I am seeing on the tube, it works.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Tougher sentences for minor offences, public flogging for minor offences.

Seriously, the next time the cops catch some 16 year old skinhead spray-painting anti-semitic garbage in alleyways or hassling innocent immigrants; flog the crap out of him with a rope in front og the CN tower at noon. Then send the little punk home.

And no luxuries for prisoners. Why does a rapist get cable tv, when a student or minimum-wage worker can't afford it?

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
simple Doryman, because cable television is torture. It is also a method of dumbing down the masses to keep them in line. Thus, you want the criminal to have TV to aid in his/her reprogramming. The student is learning to think for him/herself and thus has not much use for the medium, other than as a source to study mass manipulation.

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
Apparently to the state it is the victim. Here’s something that came out today in the Toronto Sun that have a lot of people boiling in the GTA.

A west-end Toronto halfway house has become a warehouse for the "worst of the worst" criminals and should be declared a maximum-security prison, insiders say.
Once a transitional living centre for paroled fraud artists and other non-violent cons, the Keele Centre -- located on Keele St. south of Dundas -- has been turned into a long-term institution for high-risk rapists, killers and gangsters, sources said.
"All the bad apples are in one basket," a source said "They are the worst of the worst."
There are no fences, bars or locked doors at the Keele Centre and security consists of two correctional officers on weekdays and commissionaire staffers at nights and weekends.
"These are the older guys -- the army veterans -- you see at federal buildings," one law enforcement official lamented.

'PSYCHOPATHS'
"The commissionaires should not be degraded, but when it comes to guarding three dozen criminals and psychopaths ... that's not what they should be doing."
The grave situation at Keele is mirrored at federal halfway houses in Hamilton and Kingston and another three dozen or so locations across Canada, sources said.
While Hamilton and Kingston, which have almost half the total offenders of 40-bed Keele, have four guards each, they still rely largely on commissionaires, sources said.
As far as Keele goes, the Sun has learned that less than five of the 35 current residents are there on day parole release.
Nine Keele residents are so dangerous that prior to their arrival they were held in maximum-security prisons.
Sources said that two offenders came directly from a Special Handling Unit (SHU) -- super-maximum security prisons designed for unmanageable or dangerous prisoners.
EXTREME CASES
Four or five were released from federal psychiatric prisons.
Another four Keele residents are under Long-Term Supervision Orders (LTSO) -- post-sentence probation ordered by trial judges in extreme cases.
An LTSO order is typically placed on rapists and pedophiles in the absence of dangerous offender applications, which most Ontario prosecutors avoid these days because legal challenges make them too costly and time-consuming.
Some LTSO residents at Keele are considered such awful release prospects that they must stay at Keele for up to 10 years.
Keele's changing face has caused numerous problems.
On July 2 last year, LTSO resident Charles (Chuck) Gress died after being found unconscious in his room.
Gress had served a four-year sentence for five sex assaults and several robberies and was five months into a 10-year LTSO.
On Feb. 28, 2004, Keele resident Daniel Shaw was severely injured when he fell head-first from a second-floor window as he and another inmate embarked on a late-night booze or drug run using knotted bed sheets.
FRONT DOOR
Keele Centre director Shelley Hassard subsequently urged residents in a letter that should they feel the need to escape they should not use a window, but walk out the front door.
In addition to the problems at Keele, an inmate was murdered at Hamilton and a commissionaire was taken hostage at a Regina halfway house.
The writing was on the wall for Keele almost 10 years ago.
In the fall of 1996, three members of the citizen's advisory board quit amid frustration that Keele had deteriorated to the point where it was more like a prison.
Despite the new-found pedigree of offenders in Keele and other halfway houses, the so-called "danger pay" -- or the Offender Supervision Allowance -- paid parole officers who work in communities across Canada has been taken away from the halfway house parole officers.
DANGER PAY
Treasury board removed the danger pay last year, arguing halfway house parole officers work in institutions.
The bizarre move resulted in a $1,200 annual wage clawback for parole officers at Keele and other centres although they also do mandatory out-of-office visits.
About $500 annually was taken from halfway house clerks.
The Union of Solicitor General Employees has filed scores of grievances on behalf of at least 150 halfway house-based parole officers and clerks across Canada.
USGE regional vice-president Alec Brown said his members have equal concerns about security and danger pay.
He said experienced parole officers do not want to work in the Toronto, Hamilton and Kingston centres.
"There is always a lot of staff turnover, burnout and illness," Brown said. "It is a high pressure job and we're always short."
Brown said the absence of guards is a key concern.
He said there are "four or five" Keele and Hamilton offenders on the lam at any time.
Brown lamented that USGE frustration over security and wage clawbacks seem to be understood within the Correctional Services Canada management system, but that the highest levels of government refuse to budge

This story is unbelievable If it is true.

Now I do not know where the prison system falls under federal or provincial., but heads should role for this kinda of BS.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Re: RE: MORE MOLLYCODDLING OF CRIMINALS BY LIBERALS!

the caracal kid said:
simple Doryman, because cable television is torture. It is also a method of dumbing down the masses to keep them in line. Thus, you want the criminal to have TV to aid in his/her reprogramming. The student is learning to think for him/herself and thus has not much use for the medium, other than as a source to study mass manipulation.

yeah. I'd still like to be able to watch tv. It doesn't really "dumb" anyone down without their consent, anyway, and educatd people can be as dumb as TV addicts. People who simply parrot back what their Idiot box tells them are no worse than people who parrot back what their profs and library books tell them. Individual thinking happens seperately from outside influences, so it doesn't really matter what those influences are.

And even if you're right, You want dumber criminals? Most of them are pretty stupid already, which is why they end up robbing corner stores instead of getting an education. Once they're out and dimmer than ever they'll just fall back to old habits.

And take away their gym equipment to. The last thing we need are faster, stronger rapists. Yeesh!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Chain gangs, doing work for the state; that is the exercise they should be getting. They should be too tired at the end of the day to watch TV, or use gym equipment.