Sigh! Just another Liberal scandal!

KanBob

Nominee Member
Jan 11, 2006
Alberta
You will like this one, that is, if you can get in.

It's all about international travel by civil servants, in some, ah, rather pleasant locations.

Like Cancun Mexico, where there are an average of 2.5 civil servants staying continuously. Who are these people? We don't know. Public Works won't say!

See for yourself though!

Relocation Services

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Our Ministry of Public Works and Government Services would, I am certain, have justification for its expenses in this manner. It is undoubtedly important to have Canadian personnel stationed in other nations, even if they are members of the civilian civil service.

Like how I tried to reason that one away? :p

lol, I am just kidding, there's no way I can justify the decision of the Liberal Party of Canada on this manner (then again, it might not be the party, but rather particularly the Minister of Public Works and Government Services, the Honourable Scott Brison).

nomore

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2006
Fiveparadox, you scared me for a second, I thought you were actually going to try and defend that. :)

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
I really don’t understand the reservations in tackling the civil service problem. The missing billion or so at HRDC obviously was misappropriated, misplaced or whatever by the hired guns and not anyone at the ministerial level. Yet it was Jane Stewart who took all the blame. I don’t see anyone in the liberal party approving these junkets yet they are responsible as they created the climate for the party at the taxpayers expense. I am glad to see that the conservatives have their eye on the problem and hopefully they will deflate this over inflated and out of control bureaucracy. And if the conservatives don’t deal with the problem after using it as an election issue then they should be held accountable.

KanBob

Nominee Member
Jan 11, 2006
Alberta
As a further update to this story, it seems the Liberals were using the Federal "Relocation Services" budget to reward friends and staffers with vacations.

Isn't that nice of them! They are so very good at making sure their friends receive their entitlements.

Relocation Services

nomore

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2006
Re: RE: Sigh! Just another Liberal scandal!

KanBob said:
Isn't that nice of them! They are so very good at making sure their friends receive their entitlements.

But I thought they were entitled to their entitlements. :lol: