Message from quebec

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Hi guys!!

I am from montreal, and i love my country which is canada, i just want to tell you all that We have an amazing country from coast to coast in all senses. Besides that, we got screwed by the liberals.

But Seriously if harper get elected, you people will see a tremendous waves of seperatis from quebec, myself includes, cause this harper, represent absotly nothing for the people of quebec,and for the whole canada too.

He is a fundamentalist christian, in the line of george w bush.We have seen what those crazy guys did to the americans on 11th of september 2001(inside job), i don t want to live in the same kind of situations.

So in other word, if you don t mind the quebec being seperated, vote for harper, you want us to stay in, vote for somebody else, please.

warm regards to all canadians!!
aeon!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
He is a fundamentalist christian, in the line of george w bush.We have seen what those crazy guys did to the americans on 11th of september 2001(inside job), i don t want to live in the same kind of situations.

This discredits your entire post.

The very idea that the American administration murdered 2500 of their own people for no particular reason that I can see is paranoid lunacy.

Likewise, harper is no threat to national unity.

His growing support in Quebec proves that.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Québec, c'est canadien!

First of all, welcome to Canadian Content!

I would agree that we have an amazing country in Canada. I would also agree that the views of the more "fundamentalist" component of the Conservative Party of Canada are not in line with the mainstream views of our nation. The Province of Québec is a valuable part of this nation, and if there is a chance that the Tories could threaten their place in Confederation, then I believe that we should take steps to prevent such a thing from happening.

Again, welcome to the Forum; hope to see you around. :)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"and if there is a chance that the Tories could threaten their place in Confederation, then I believe that we should take steps to prevent such a thing from happening."

Why are you voting Liberal then, Paradox? Clearly the Liberal have put us in a very vicarious position with Quebec. So I can only gather then that you think it's OK to break up Canada if Liberals do it, but if Conservatives are going to do it, we should stop them...

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
"He is a fundamentalist christian, in the line of george w bush.We have seen what those crazy guys did to the americans on 11th of september 2001(inside job), i don t want to live in the same kind of situations."

... are those foil hats very comfortable, or what?

Quebec's been threatening to seperate for a long time, under both Liberal and Conservative governments. I doubt Harper's minority Government will really push you over the edge to take off. I'm not that worried.

Of course if you people do take off, that means Newfoundland may finally get the Upper Churchill back. And that may just be worth me putting up with four years of ol Harpy.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
To me the growing support of Harper in Quebec means that there will be no referendum in the next few years, and that is very good news indeed. The sky ain't falling & the world isn't ending ,folks.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Message from quebec

Colpy said:
This discredits your entire post.

The very idea that the American administration murdered 2500 of their own people for no particular reason that I can see is paranoid lunacy.

Likewise, harper is no threat to national unity.

His growing support in Quebec proves that.

The growing support in quebec doesnt prove anything,people are fed up with liberals, harper is a dangerous person, he is a fundamentalist christian like most of the bush administrations.Fundamentalism is the real problem in any religion, they are the extremist and ready to do anything to get what they want,just like the fundamentlist muslim and zionist.

Dont think they are ready to kill 3000 of their own people for their agenda?? look at this disclassified documents, and thankx to oliver stones jfk movie in 1992, where the congress has pass a law for the public to access governement documents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwood

You know, adolf hitler did the same in 1933, blow up his own reich and put the blame on communist terrorist, and install martial law.

Does it remind you something??

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
I live in Montreal but come from Quebec City so I have a pretty good take on both franco and anglo vibes around here.

Another Liberal government would without a doubt nourish the cynism about politics around here and would probably give more and more people the envy to try out something risky and bold like seperating from Canada. A good majority of Quebecers on both sides of the fence (federalists/sovereignists) feel the Liberals don't deserve another term in power. They at least deserve a break of it.

The effects of a Conservative victory are a lot harder to predict, whether it is a majority or minority government. If Harper and his gang starts regressing on social issues (from the Quebec point of view), this will surely give ammo to the Bloc and the PQ. But the Conservatives seem to understand that you have to govern Canada from the "center" (whatever that means...) and I don't think anything significant will happen with the SSM and abortion issues that could anger people that much.

Whether the Tories manage to solve the fiscal imbalance issue remains to be seen but if they do that would be a huge victory for the federalists. It's risky business though... If they fail, it will only serve the seperatist argument that there's no hope of getting what we want with Canada and that we'd be better on our own. I'm really looking forward to see what will happen with this...

Another important issue is the Constitution and the fact that Quebec is not signed in... The federalists have ignored the issue for a while now (out of fear) but sooner or later, the problem will have to be solved. It just makes no sense that we are part of a country but aren't on the Constitution. If Harper wins a majority, which doesn't seem impossible, he will possibly have to face this issue within the years to come and it could be quite tricky... Risky business indeed...

Harper would also have to make sure Canada remains distinct and sovereign from the US. Quebecers are already quite picky on provincial independance, they don't want to see their country (which they aren't signed to) become the northern US.

A provincial election is scheduled for sometime in 2007 or 2008 so expect intense political debate here in Quebec... Even more so if we still have a minority government in Ottawa. Imagine a federal election a few months apart from a Quebec provincial election. The debate on sovereignty will flare up like gas in a haystack!

Personally, for the immediate future, I wish all Liberal voters could turn to the NDP to give it a really strong opposing voice to the Tories. The Liberals deserve a good whack in the face. I support the Bloc but I voted for the NDP because they really want electoral reform. The Bloc talks about it but secretely wishes the system to stay the same because it advantages them.

Any thoughts on all this?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
missile said:
To me the growing support of Harper in Quebec means that there will be no referendum in the next few years, and that is very good news indeed. The sky ain't falling & the world isn't ending ,folks.

I think totally the opposite, already in 2000, the serparatist movement was about 40% , since jean charest (our prime minister)is there, it grew up very near 50%, i fear with the election of harper, it could go very very high, probably i am wrong, which i wish, but i am really afraid of this man.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
He is also taking away seats from the Bloc. Don't be such an alarmist! I would not insult any person because of his religious beliefs or insinuate that they were influencing his political ideals.Many people have had successful careers ,and have kept religion and career separate.Mulroney and Martin are Catholic: and I dare anyone to state that the church influenced their political decisions.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: Québec, c'est canadien!

FiveParadox said:
First of all, welcome to Canadian Content!

I would agree that we have an amazing country in Canada. I would also agree that the views of the more "fundamentalist" component of the Conservative Party of Canada are not in line with the mainstream views of our nation. The Province of Québec is a valuable part of this nation, and if there is a chance that the Tories could threaten their place in Confederation, then I believe that we should take steps to prevent such a thing from happening.

Again, welcome to the Forum; hope to see you around. :)

Well thank you very much lady. :D the most important thing to do from all of us, is to go out and vote. Which is our voice. :canada:

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
missile said:
He is also taking away seats from the Bloc. Don't be such an alarmist! I would not insult any person because of his religious beliefs or insinuate that they were influencing his political ideals.Many people have had successful careers ,and have kept religion and career separate.Mulroney and Martin are Catholic: and I dare anyone to state that the church influenced their political decisions.

Very true, he is taking seat from the bloc. Of course i sound alarmist, i hope i am wrong, i try to show what is my fear towards those guys, Mulroney and Martin arent fundamentalist christians, they are christians yes, but not extremist.

Breakthrough2006

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2005
Harper reduced the Blocs support from over 50% to 43%. That can only be good for Canada.

Is anyone else getting tired of the chicken little drama or is it just me?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
That was a good post,Friend :) my biggest worry when the election date was announced was the weather and what would happen if a terrific snowstorm would hit us then. Well,the long range for here is cloudy and 0 for Monday,so there is no excuse for anyone not getting off their arse and going out to vote. No matter who you vote for. Every single vote is important.

bruju

Jan 16, 2006
If Canada wants to stop Quebec from separating from confederation, we the rest of Canada should have a say in this as it is our country not Quebec's.
I would say that if Quebec votes to separate then they (MUST) take Alberta with them. Other wise they must stay within the confederation and suffer the same fate as the rest of Canada

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Dude! I'm a Dude!

aeon, I am a dude, lol.

On another note, Jay, I made no such assertion that the Liberal Party of Canada has been "blameless" on the issue of Québec sovereignty. However, in my opinion, I would deem the Conservative Party of Canada to be less fit to represent Canada as the federalist power in their Province.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Re: RE: Message from quebec

bruju said:
If Canada wants to stop Quebec from separating from confederation, we the rest of Canada should have a say in this as it is our country not Quebec's.
I would say that if Quebec votes to separate then they (MUST) take Alberta with them. Other wise they must stay within the confederation and suffer the same fate as the rest of Canada

I really don't get where your going with that. That's like telling a roomate to get out of your house and bring all the furniture, food and money with them.

bruju

Jan 16, 2006
It sounds like you have a hard time understanding any thing you don't agree with Doryman

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: Dude! I'm a Dude!

FiveParadox said:
aeon, I am a dude, lol.

On another note, Jay, I made no such assertion that the Liberal Party of Canada has been "blameless" on the issue of Québec sovereignty. However, in my opinion, I would deem the Conservative Party of Canada to be less fit to represent Canada as the federalist power in their Province.

Sorry, :oops: i just looked at your picture, withouth even thinking about it, shame on me. :wink: