Canada Needs Another Political party

bruju

Jan 16, 2006
Canada Needs Another Political Party
The official Party of Ontario
Just like Quebec, Ont. should have a federal party of it's own to shape this country. We would not have to worry about the will of the other provinces as Ont. has the largest population in Canada we could be assured of the governing party of Canada.
Ontario would then be in a position to run Canada without interference from the other provinces, oh wait a second here
we already decide who the government of Canada is going to be.Let the dog wag the tale. :wink:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
What's really needed is for Ontarians to realize we are getting raped by the transfers to the other provinces. We are being used as the piggy bank to fund the Liberals vote-buying schemes in every region of the country except our own. We create the wealth, but our provincial government and municipal governments sell off assets to meet basic services.

Darn, where is S-Ranger when you need him?? :lol:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I couldn't agree more. A Party to represent Loyalist Ontario would serve us well.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
While your at it why not ask for a toronto separatist party? Why should toronto generate all the wealth and have it go to support the rest of ontario?

Canadiana doesn't need another party, it needs leadership with vision. Somebody that will light a fire under the apathetic backends of canukistanis.

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
MMMike said:
What's really needed is for Ontarians to realize we are getting raped by the transfers to the other provinces. We are being used as the piggy bank to fund the Liberals vote-buying schemes in every region of the country except our own. We create the wealth, but our provincial government and municipal governments sell off assets to meet basic services.

Darn, where is S-Ranger when you need him?? :lol:

Agreed and it would help ALL of Canada by making regions and individuals take reponsibility for themselves. Here in Alberta we're desperate for workers while Ontarians and Albertans send money to Atlantic Canada to prop up Unemployment Insurance, , welfare and other programs. No one minds helping out the seniors in those provinces but able working adults...who themselves are now third and fourth generation 'takers'?

Makes me mad and I'm from Nova Scotia.

bruju

Jan 16, 2006
Ontario has been supporting Canada since confederation,supporting the have not provinces to the point that we are almost a have not province. As the wealth of the other provinces increases Ontario's support dose not decrease. Two examples are Alberta and Newfoundland.
As these two provinces wealth grew they were left on the dole as far as transfer payments go.
By forming a political party in Ont. this could be one of the things that could and should be changed.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Canada Needs Another Political party

the caracal kid said:
While your at it why not ask for a toronto separatist party? Why should toronto generate all the wealth and have it go to support the rest of ontario?

Canadiana doesn't need another party, it needs leadership with vision. Somebody that will light a fire under the apathetic backends of canukistanis.

Toronto doesn't generate all the wealth in Ontario.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: Canada Needs Another Political party

Jay said:
the caracal kid said:

Toronto doesn't generate all the wealth in Ontario.

Sure it does Jay. We have to support not only the entire country, but those bums out in Southwestern Ontario too. Especially London! :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Oh I will....It's that sort of thing that puts the Fear of God into those people!! :)

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Calberty said:
Agreed and it would help ALL of Canada by making regions and individuals take reponsibility for themselves. Here in Alberta we're desperate for workers while Ontarians and Albertans send money to Atlantic Canada to prop up Unemployment Insurance, , welfare and other programs. No one minds helping out the seniors in those provinces but able working adults...who themselves are now third and fourth generation 'takers'?

Makes me mad and I'm from Nova Scotia.

No kidding. You hear Paul Martin campaigning in Atlantic Canada promising improvements in EI?? Every election, never fails, if the Libs need votes out east, they sweeten the pot for the folks on the dole. I'm from N.B., there are tons of people for whom that is there way of life - work summers, get their hours, then take the rest of the year off. Rinse, lather, repeat. I work in the construction industry in T.O., which has a lot of Newfie labourers. These guys know to the minute when they qualify for enough EI benefits to get them through the winter, and will drop their jackhammers and walk off site. Of course the companies play along and pretend they were 'laid off" when in reality there is still plenty of work around. :twisted:

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I used to like the idea of new parties, but now I don't.

Each new party seeks a constituency and seeks a
distinct brand identity that does little for unity.

Unity is what we seek.

Not disagreement.

Getting the job done is what we seek.
Solving problems is what we seek.

The power of less parties does embrace the Big Tent
concept.

In the American Republican Party you see
instances of Colin Powell speaking to a sea of white
faces extolling the virtues of Affirmative Action and
decrying Corporate Welfare.

In the American Demcratic Party you have some
who are anti-abortion but still work within that party
to seek accomodation on that hotly debated issue.

Instead of an endless splintering off into a myriad
number of smaller parties all dependent upon keeping
a separate identity and all of which have their hands
tied from seeking a blurring of that identity through
compromise ---- you got a situation of no problem
solving.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Jim Moyer

Agreed. I am still trying to understand some of the ones down here as I seem to be all over the place ideologically.....

The fewer the better with generalized descriptives, and a concept of a myriad of philosophies contained therein.

A buffet for me if you will!

It's the acronyms that foil me every time. People start using them and I lose interest as I would on a battlefield reading military instructions.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Our new party would marginalize all the other parties that vie for Ontario seats...There would ultimately be only one party in Ontario dominating the rest of the country...bwwwahahahaha :p

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
AAnd what would this party stand for?

What would Ontario gain by having a regional party. We look at Quebec and the support for the Bloc ebbs and flows with the disintegration of the federalist parties (First it was the PCs and now it’s the Liberals).