Harper and Klein trash Canadian Values!

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Look to Alberta for a mild taste of what your Mr. Harper has planned for you. This happened even with some restraint being shown from Ottawa. Mr. Harper endorses these programmes and others far more extreme.

The point: Alberta has settled a class action suit for 100 million dollars, funds they admittedly ripped off, unlawfully from any number of social programs. The targets were people in distress, most totally unable to defend themselves; defenceless. Easy targets for Klein’s and Harpers Conservatives.It has been reported to me that Mr. Harper plans on eliminating all the surplus that is in the Employment Services funds and plans on reducing benefits to people there by forcing them into a labour market to which they are unsuited or unable to compete in because of constraints of one kind or another.
This I am told is going to be explained away as reducing costs to industry.

Take a deep breath before you vote Conservative! Your world will change to a point you will loose all your references and your elders and children will be much the worse for your efforts.

Details can be found at Link

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Indication of Harper

While I would agree that the Government of Alberta should not have made such "cuts," the link that you provided, with all due respect, cyberclark, does not seem to indicate, in any way whatsoever (nor does it mention even once) the Honourable Stephen Harper in this matter.

nanaimoman

Jan 12, 2006
cyberclark said:
Take a deep breath before you vote Conservative!
Ok, I've taken a deep breath now. And I've decided to vote Conservative. Wait I already did on the 13th at my local advanced polling station!!

Dunkin

Jan 18, 2006
Calgary
www.pissed.ca
RE: Harper and Klein tras

Man I'm so sick of this liberal fear mongering. Its desperate and pathetic.

Honestly if Canada follows Alberta then we can expect a time of prosparity.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
Canada gets a fair percentage of taxes off Alberta's resource. They are not complacent they want to keep it comming!

If Alberta didn't have oil it wouldn't support a dozen families on the industry that has survived here.

And to do this they rip off the population in general with the lowest royalities in the world.

If Canada followed Alberta the whole country would be down the tubes! Thats' not liberal fear mongering. It is a conservative business person stating the fact!

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
Re: RE: Harper and Klein tras

Dunkin said:
Man I'm so sick of this liberal fear mongering. Its desperate and pathetic.

Honestly if Canada follows Alberta then we can expect a time of prosparity.

theres always prosperity for the few who are obscenely rich, for the rest of us, including all those professionals out there, following albeta's "strategy" would lead to economic collapse. Mind you this boom isnt expected to last at the same percentage growth, eventually it slacks off or leads to a recession. That being said I like whats happening in Calgray a I feel its more natural and sustainable. I do not attribute that to Klein though but to business men moving to the cheaper areas to start businesses.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Who defines what Canadian Values are? What are Canadian Values exactly? Is it ONLY the ones that the Liberal Party or the NDP party tell us?

And for the love of all things, enough with the Alberta bashing already. While you guys were enjoying completely free healthcare, low tuition, gov't subsidized this and that in the 90's...we had to go through tuition going up over 200%, increased health care preiums (yep..we pay for it), decreased coverage in what is covered by healthcare..and so on. It was not easy for Alberta to get where it is today, but without the cuts we all endured, our money from "oil" and "gas" would be going entirely to our debt and we would be in the same situation. But we chose to pay down our debt and be responsible for our provinces finances. Now we are debt free and all our money goes to us. But half of it goes to you free loading provinces who are too effin lazy to get serious about their economy. So enough already. We are not the effing anti-christ for crying out loud.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I would hardly say that the Province of British Columbia is "lazy."

Our economy has greatly improved over the past two Legislatures; although, granted, many cuts had to be endured, and services are only now being restored to their pre-economy-damage-control levels, but we're getting there.

And I apologize most sincerely, Semperfi_dani, if I may have ever said anything to insult or throw into question the integrity of the Province of Alberta or its citizens.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Five Paradox..look, i understand that all provinces have had their struggles..but people forget that Alberta did too.

Its not you or anyone specific that I am singleout out..but I swear to God, it gets tiring every day turning on the tv or the radio or going on the internet and people associating Alberta with all things going wrong in life.

Last time i checked, or anyone else here from Alberta, we have CANADIAN listed as our citizenship, on my passport, on my birth certificate. But just for living in a province that is doing well, we are being treated like second class citizens not worthy of the Canadian title.

It gets tiring. I'm sorry you or anyone elses provinical government sucks. I'm sorry if your dog is sick, if you fish have died, if the weather is cold and your car won't start...but damnit, its NOT ALBERTA'S FAULT FOR EVERY DAMN THING THAT GOES WRONG IN THE COUNTRY!!!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
That isn't what people mean to imply, I'm sure. I don't think that anyone could possibly be that short-sighted and shallow (and if they are, Semperfi_dani, then shame on them!). Perhaps some Canadians see the Province of Alberta in a somewhat "unfamiliar" light due to the conservatism of its Provincial Government? I mean, Alberta, in terms of your guys' economic success, but uncommonly conservative Government, might seem a paradox to some, since a majority of the country is, I would assert, decidedly liberal (small "l").

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

But thats the thing Five Paradox..... It's not like i or any other Albertan views their life as any different. I would say that of Alberta's total population, maybe 40% are " born in Alberta"...the other 60 are born in the east, Ontario, BC, around the world, and wherever else they have come from to get a job. So being that so many of our population is from "outside alberta", from Liberal areas, yet the Tories win so resoundly, indicates to me at least that perhaps the rest of Canada is not as liberal as it claims to be....

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

But seriously...i refer to my first post in which i ask......

What are Canadian Values? And who defines what they are?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: RE: Harper and Klein tras

Semperfi_dani said:
But thats the thing Five Paradox..... It's not like i or any other Albertan views their life as any different. I would say that of Alberta's total population, maybe 40% are " born in Alberta"...the other 60 are born in the east, Ontario, BC, around the world, and wherever else they have come from to get a job. So being that so many of our population is from "outside alberta", from Liberal areas, yet the Tories win so resoundly, indicates to me at least that perhaps the rest of Canada is not as liberal as it claims to be....
I didn't claim that the misconception was correct, only that it was there.

And I believe it is; and yes, perhaps at times I have viewed Albertans as somewhat "different" — but seeing how much it can personally affect someone, I find myself having to rethink that. When one considers everything rationally, Alberta is really quite the same thing as any other Province.

Alberta has a Lieutenant Governor, a Premier, a Cabinet, a Legislature, just as any other; it just so happens that Albertans choose, in general, a more conservative governing party than in other Provinces. There's nothing wrong with that — if a majority of Albertans wish to be governed thusly, then more power to them. :)

Moreover, besides those facts, we should be grateful to Alberta for the invaluable contribution they make to the rest of the country — due to their strong economy, the people of Alberta contribute more than their "fair share" to the nation. I would assert that Albertans would have to be, generally speaking, extremely generous for such to be true.

So, as a Liberal Canadian ...

Thank you, Alberta! :)

We are all the stronger as a nation for having you with us.

:!: Edit Amended the end of my post.