Layton's True Colours

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I see that in the true spirit of the NDP, Layton shows us all that private medical clinics are okay for some, but not for others.

"I didn't know it was a private clinic". Right. At the time he got his operation, there was a lot of publicity about this private clinic.

Good try Jack. Now try to defend your stance on private health care.....

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Layton pointed to family illnesses, such as his wife Olivia Chow's cancer treatment and his own attack of appendicitis, as instances where he has had to make the choice to support the public system. He didn't mention his hernia operation."

Sometimes it's best to be forthcoming with the whole story....

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
:roll: Oh for christ stakes man. The closer we get to the 23rd the more dirt everyone is trying to dig up on the past to Expose the Hypocracy. Dunn dunn duuuuuh....

As far as I know, Layton went to a clinic in the mid 90's for surgery....Surgery in a clinic. What kind of surgery can you get in a clinic????? Having a wart removed??? That and it was well publicised to begin with. WTF, much of my ideas and beliefs have shifted since 1995. I look back and think that I couldn't believe that I supported this particular belief or that particular person. Now I know better.

And because of that I'm inclined to think that All of the party leaders have gone through similar experiences since they happen to share our humanisic traits.

The way people are looking for dirt now, why don't we just go back farther, since they expect the person to be the same they were 10 years ago , 20, 30. Because of that Stephen Harper is a sexual predator for looking up the girls skirt in the Gym bleachers in grade three. Jack Layton Kicked a puppy when he was 4, and our Grande Poobah, Paul Martin went out into the woods with his grandfather and shot at targets WITH A HANDGUN when he was 13.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Maybe your right, Jo....there is a good chance here Jack Layton will grow up and realize what he is doing is silly....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The point is, he has said, IN THIS ELECTION CAMPAIGN that he would never use, or send his family to, a private clinic.

So, he is flat out lying. But he's happy with that, and I guess a lot of others are, too. I expect Harper and Martin to play with the truth. I though Layton would be straightforward and/or honest about what has to be the NDP's major plank; however, he has shown that he's every bit the slimeball that the rest of them are.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
As they're all lying cheats,I say give the guy who hasn't been elected his turn at the public trough. How much does a person have to steal to satisfy their power lusts?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I haven't been elected, and I only require 5 million to be satisfied....(US dollars please)

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
TenPenny said:
I see that in the true spirit of the NDP, Layton shows us all that private medical clinics are okay for some, but not for others.

"I didn't know it was a private clinic". Right. At the time he got his operation, there was a lot of publicity about this private clinic.

Layton is a liar. He was a city councillor and knew damn well it was a private clinic.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Just like Harper is a liar because a 40s year old man has changed his colours and is more progressive now than 18 months ago.

Give me a freaking break. They are all liars and cheats, but the one that is the far the least dirtest is Layton. Both Harper and Martin are sleezeballs.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
TenPenny said:

He paid for it with his health card.

I've gone to private clinics without knowing it *shrugs* they look just like normal clinics and you pay the same way you do with puplic. Anyhow this was a privately run clinic and one which was a not for profit our outside the system. If you want to spin this story around Jack Layton didn't look into the clinic! but how many of us do? We go and pay with our health card, we knw the doc one way or another will get a cut in tax payer dollars. If you ask me this is a none issue. Just like Paul Martins Doc. Paul Martins doc runs a private clinic but Paul Martin pays with his health card, not with money he and Jack layton get the same health care as the rest of us and we've all used "private" clinics in the past without knowing it.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I will tell you if Jack, Paul or Stephen ever had a health issue they aren't going to wait, they will go wherever they have to and they will be laughing all the way to the private clinic.

These people have money, you seriously believe they will wait to get medical care? I don't think so.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
http://www.ctv.ca//servlet/ArticleN...e_060113/20060113?s_name=election2006&no_ads=

read for yourself from what I'd call the more blanced network.

He paid for it threw OHIP and the clinic has been apart of the health care system for years. Also if you listen to what Layton said in the past. He said Private clinics in the system were normal.

Anyhow this is pretty sad when you have to twist things like this around. This is the type of Spin you would have in an american election.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
You guys should love Conservative Alberta where the politicals pop into heart surgery on arrival un anounced at hospitals (Lougheed) and Waiting rooms are cleared to sick people who have been waiting hours to let Mr. Klein take over the hospital as his own private clinic!
Hospital:Rockyview

Its a sad state when we are reduced to one liners to make our point.

Did you know Alberta's Capital Health Region is considered to be "private"? And, it is Alberta's largest single employeer?

Did you know (I'm speaking from my tenure as Hospital Board Member) the title for the hospital and the ownership of the hospital belongs to the Hospital Board?

And, watch the next step when New hospitals are built around Alberta to be sold to Ralph's buddies for pennies on the dollar by the Regional Health Authorities who need only cabinet approval to sell any property or chattel.

It is Mr. Dinning who owns the Calgary Hip Replacement Hospital! How much goes down the tubes before we start thinking of what we are loosing?

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
Your defense of Layton is ludiucrous. I don't care so much for Jack using a private facility but I do mind when he lies about not knowing it was private.

Layton's exuberant endorsement of the thief, Svend Robinson, was bad enough but Layton's lie exposes the NDP leader's lack of ethics. Maybe he can pull a Svend and claim some bi-polar disorder.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Re: RE: Layton's True Colours

Calberty said:
Your defense of Layton is ludiucrous. I don't care so much for Jack using a private facility but I do mind when he lies about not knowing it was private.

Layton's exuberant endorsement of the thief, Svend Robinson, was bad enough but Layton's lie exposes the NDP leader's lack of ethics. Maybe he can pull a Svend and claim some bi-polar disorder.

Exactly. He knew it was private; it was in all the goddam papers that it was private, and he was a goddam councillor. I knew it was a private clinic, and I live in NB!!! Either he's just stupid, or he's trying to forget and hope someone doesn't notice. Of course the other politicians lie; Layton has just proved he's no better or different than the others; therefore, he and the NDP are redundant and completely useless, and offer nothing that the two bigger parties don't.

cyberclark

Electoral Member
URL LINK

read for yourself from what I'd call the more blanced network.

He paid for it threw OHIP and the clinic has been apart of the health care system for years. Also if you listen to what Layton said in the past. He said Private clinics in the system were normal.

Anyhow this is pretty sad when you have to twist things like this around. This is the type of Spin you would have in an american election.

Courtesy repost for Finder imbedding his url