Your Vote; This Time VS Last Time?

Are you voting differently this time than last time?

• No, I'll vote the same party.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'll vote a different party.

• I probably won't vote this time.

• I haven't decided yet.

• Other (Specify)

• Total voters

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
We had a national election a short time ago. Have you changed your mind since you voted last time? What issue prompted the change?
:eek:ccasion5:

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
I will vote for the same party this time as I did last time. For me, the big issue is still our Universal Health Care System and I think the NDP is the only party willing to reform and strengthen it as opposed to opening the door to for-profit health care providers and insurance companies. I also like the NDP (mouse) positions on Day Care and Education issues.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
don't know yet if i will vote as i may not be in my riding come election day (yeah, i know the early votes stuff).

as for different, last time i "ate my ballot" (not literally). We will see if i can actually endorse any of the <undeserving> on the list this time. I don't want to, but the only effective thing would be to vote strategically to maximize the likelihood of keeping harperite cronies at bay. If only i could vote bloc.....

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
RE: Your Vote; This Time

Last election I was not very well informed and I voted for the Liberals. I was also 19 so I was in that left-wing/hippy stage. This time around I will be supporting the Tories.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: RE: Your Vote; This Time

Roy said:
Last election I was not very well informed and I voted for the Liberals. I was also 19 so I was in that left-wing/hippy stage. This time around I will be supporting the Tories.

It is amazing to me that the older a person gets, the more right wing they get. I guess it has something to do with actually paying taxes and watching how those dollars are spent that starts to make a difference. Most younger people start out on the left, then switch to the right. Which is another reason I oppose the national day care program, you know, start them young as libs and keep them forever!!

Voting conservative again, because I really don't think the country will survive another liberal government. Literally.

Roy

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2005
Alberta
It is amazing to me that the older a person gets, the more right wing they get. I guess it has something to do with actually paying taxes and watching how those dollars are spent that starts to make a difference. Most younger people start out on the left, then switch to the right.

its is a funny coincidence innit....when you are young and living with your parents, partying everynight......the only issues you care about are legalizing marajuanna, challenging the people in suits (they are just idiots...look at them stuck in boring tedious jobs),lighter criminal sentences(so i can get hammerd and drive), Anti Americanism ( I was the biggest anti American you would of ever met....trust me).....and taxes, hell why would I care about taxes, I work at MCDonalds and spend all my money on booze.

Few years later....socially I am still liberal (liberal for all, all the way from gays..to law abiding gun owners..........I don't base it on what dumbass hippies say) .....but grounded in reality. Economically when you get older you almost have to be a conservative....unless you are in a backwards union or living on government assistance.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
there is a remarkable parallel between the level of flexability of fluidity of youth compared to the inflexibility and influidity of adulthood and the shift from the left to the right politically as some age.

Some don't stagnate and isolate as they age though. Some actually continue to evolove and advance. Those tend to become more "centrist" to "left" as they age!

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Your Vote; This Time VS Last Time?

the caracal kid said:
there is a remarkable parallel between the level of flexability of fluidity of youth compared to the inflexibility and influidity of adulthood and the shift from the left to the right politically as some age.

Some don't stagnate and isolate as they age though. Some actually continue to evolove and advance. Those tend to become more "centrist" to "left" as they age!

I felt a bit seasick :p

Are you implying "advancement" comes to only those turning left?

Timetrvlr

Electoral Member
Dec 15, 2005
BC interior
I didn't follow the "normal" pattern. I started off conservative and moved to extreme right wing and then back to centre. In the past five years, I've moved a bit left in my thinking on social policies. One thing I would like to do and that is to leave my great-grandkids a better world than I was born into. I don't think there is any danger of that happening though.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I will vote NDP this time, just like my father did when he was a young guy. However, my father's candidate lost and he was turned off Canadian politics ever since. However, the candidate I am voting for should win.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:
I will vote NDP this time, just like my father did when he was a young guy. However, my father's candidate lost and he was turned off Canadian politics ever since. However, the candidate I am voting for should win.

Did I get that right?

You are serving in the Canadian military?

And you vote NDP?

Will wonders ever cease?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
If I were still in Canada, I guess my vote would go to the party most similar to the Republican party here...the Canadian Heritage Party (CHP). I would however vote for the Conservative Party of Canada (CPC) if the CPC candidate in my riding was more of a social conservative than the CHP candidate.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
one can have a social conscience and serve in the military. in fact, it would be reasurring that the people with the guns actually care about the people they defend and are not just gung-ho machismos looking for something they find disagreeable to shoot at.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
RE: Your Vote; This Time

voting liberal, i couldnt help laughing when i saw the commercial for stephen harper and the cons, do they actually believe the stuff they put on the commercial or are they just decieving themselves? time to stand up for canada? yea rite, i noe a lot of ppl are gonna label me a leftist or whatever but I could never vote for the current conservative party platform.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Did I get that right?

And you vote NDP?

Will wonders ever cease?

Is it a crime to vote for the NDP, and be apart of the military. I love the military, but the NDP holds close to my true values, and it does help that they support UN peacekeeping, while Harper doesn't.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jersay said:
Did I get that right?

And you vote NDP?

Will wonders ever cease?

Is it a crime to vote for the NDP, and be apart of the military. I love the military, but the NDP holds close to my true values, and it does help that they support UN peacekeeping, while Harper doesn't.

Hey, no offense intended.

It is a free country, vote how you like.

The United Nations is a complete waste of time..............but like I said, it is a free country.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Your Vote; This Time

nitzomoe said:
voting liberal, i couldnt help laughing when i saw the commercial for stephen harper and the cons, do they actually believe the stuff they put on the commercial or are they just decieving themselves? time to stand up for canada? yea rite, i noe a lot of ppl are gonna label me a leftist or whatever but I could never vote for the current conservative party platform.

But.....you'll vote for a bunch of mob-connected thieves and liars that are leading the country to ruin.

One has to ask; what exactly don't you like about the CPC platform?