Privacy died with a wimper.

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this, but legistlation was put through a short while ago that made it legal for the police to tap your phone and read your e-mails without a warrant. Nobody seemed to care or even get mad about it. I don't know about you guys, but I get confidential things sent to my e-mail, things that people could easily use against me, and I give them reason too. This worries me, they could find out everything about me from reading my e-mails, and possibly frame me up for whatever they fealt like. I say a lot of anti-government things through sites like this, and now I can't even do it confidentially. I have a lot of passwords sent to my e-mail, and if someone had these passwords, they could get into confidential files. This is a major problem, and when I e-mailed my MLA I didn't even get a reply. Our rights our going out the window, and nobody seems to care.

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
My friend who works for a major cable company, sent me info on this about a yr ago. Her company just released digital phone, so she had been in the know off what was happening in the communications world. I mailed the info I had out to friends etc.......but no one seemed to worry about it. ??????? I was quite concerned, and believe it is an invasion of privacy, and my freedom as a Canadian.
The government seemed to push this thru pretty quickly and quietly, perhaps they didn't want us to know.

Big brother is not only watching , but listening in!!!
:roll:

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
RE: Privacy died with a w

I think it was september, you should be able to find the entire bill on the government of Canada site. Everyone should check out that site, very informational. If you ask me, they're trying to limit our abilities to organize and stand up against the government, mainly because the world is about to fall all on hard times in the not to distant future, and uprising are quite likely.

Tresson

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Re: RE: Privacy died with a w

Alberta'sfinest said:
I think it was september, you should be able to find the entire bill on the government of Canada site. Everyone should check out that site, very informational. If you ask me, they're trying to limit our abilities to organize and stand up against the government, mainly because the world is about to fall all on hard times in the not to distant future, and uprising are quite likely.

If it's the bill I'm thinking of then it was first introduced in October and died on the order sheet when the election was called.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Welcome to the POLICE STATE I've been screaming about for over a year :x Why do ya think the want the guns were a few pieces of legislation away from becoming totla slaves to those pricks in Ottawa .All they have to do is manufacture a terrorist incedent and people will be falling all over themselves for even more measures.Can you say verichip :evil: Cameras are going up every where .We got our media telling us how great electronic voting machines are .This shit pisses me off because the public dosn't care ,Just keep em safe from the big bad Arab :roll: And they'll do whatever they want .Bunch of riggin Sheeple :twisted:

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
When Rogers Cable first introduced the internet to it's customers in Markham, Ontario, they set the system up so that they could access your hard drive and repair your puter right on line.

However; they soon dropped the proposal of repairs, but the ability of accessing your hard drive is still available to them.

The law is:

That an Internet Provider must retain copies of all information (e-mail, chat, and Mouse Land travels) for a period of at least 2 years.

Find me one person who has not broken the law in one way or another while using the internet during the past 2 years? Everyone has downloaded a tune or a copyrighted picture.

Calm

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Paranoid Dot Calm said:
Find me one person who has not broken the law in one way or another while using the internet during the past 2 years? Everyone has downloaded a tune or a copyrighted picture.

Calm

8O

shhhhh........they'll hear you ...........

Alberta'sfinest

Electoral Member
Dec 9, 2005
I don't get how people think we can protect our rights and freedoms by giving them up. I'll never be anyones slave, and things will end very badly for anyone who tries to make me one.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
what country are we talking about here?

last time i checked, canada still had not made downloading music illegal and the canadian governments were not using the fear of terrorism to strip people of their supposed rights (which, when it comes right down to it are pretty limited in the first place).

Paranoid Dot Calm

Council Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hide-Away Lane, Toronto
Hi! The Caracal Kid

last time i checked, canada still had not made downloading music illegal and the canadian governments were not using the fear of terrorism to strip people of their supposed rights

The downloading of music is not illegal as yet, but the battle is still with the courts. The real fight is between the ISP's and the music industry. The music industry wants the ISP's to supply the personal information of people downloading tunes and stuff.

When our Anti-Terrorism legislation was introduced and passed in parliament .... the government spent alot of time frightening us into it. Since the U.S. is fighting a war and requires the constant support of taxpayers to pay for the war, they talk of terrorism all the time. But, make no mistake .... our anti-terrorism laws are just as encompassing as the Patriot Act. No difference really.

They used the scare of the Hells Angels to build a special courthouse in Quebec and used the indians out west to scare everyone into building special courthouses there.

I could go on and on, but I don't wanna bore yuh.

The anti-gang laws, the anti-hate laws and the anti-terrorism laws are all wrapped into what we may as well call "martial law".

The governments of communities, provinces and the country are using any excuse to increase a police presence within our everyday lives.

The Federal government has just signed on to an additional 250 RCMP under the pretense of gun violence investigations. The damn Mounties couldn't even stop the drug trade and that comes across our boders by the bale .... a gun is much smaller then a bale of dope or a kilo of heroine.

Huge increases in police hirings are gonna take place across the country. Every civil servant able to carry a gun will be given the right to. Whether it is border patrol, public transit patrol or street patrols. Where feasible, they are gonna militarize the civil service employees at every level of government.

Calm