Wacky online political marketing?

arrr_matey

Dec 1, 2005
I’m a journalist covering the ways in which Canada’s political parties are using web-based technology to market themselves and was hoping somebody here might know of any kooky ways that the parties are marketing themselves…

The Conservatives and Liberals have podcasts available. They all have desktop wallpapers to download. The Conservative have e-cards you can send out to people.

Anybody know of any other stuff.

Your help is very appreciated!

Cheers,
Chris

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Wacky online politica

Well, every time there's an election web sites like this one seem to suffer an influx of Conservative spinmasters.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
:roll:

You are the only master of spin on this board Rev.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Wacky online politica

Well, Jay came back after a long absence for example. ;-)

It's more a general feeling for the boards, Chris. It's not just this one, but other boards that are either left-leaning or have a lot of left-leaning members.

I don't know that they work for the Conservative Party, but they are definitely CPC supporters. A lot of the things they say actually support the hidden agenda and Harper being scary line, but given Harper's inability to keep the duct tape over the mouths of his candidates that really doesn't mean much.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Wacky online politica

Reverend Blair said:
Well, Jay came back after a long absence for example. ;-)

It's more a general feeling for the boards, Chris. It's not just this one, but other boards that are either left-leaning or have a lot of left-leaning members.

I don't know that they work for the Conservative Party, but they are definitely CPC supporters. A lot of the things they say actually support the hidden agenda and Harper being scary line, but given Harper's inability to keep the duct tape over the mouths of his candidates that really doesn't mean much.

Gee, Rev, I'm hurt.

You didn't even mention my name as a Conservative spin master.

After all my effort!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think it's funny. I'm not sure what to say about it other than that might be the craziest thing he has said since I wondered back.

I like the "A lot of the things they say actually support the hidden agenda", line. Just where do you think they're hiding this hidden agenda that they talk about all the time? It's like doublespeak. But Rev is the spin master…… :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Of course people here have received canvassing calls for the CPC that seem to have come from an unassigned US Senate number, so you never know what kind of tricks they've been getting up to.
8O

I like the "A lot of the things they say actually support the hidden agenda", line.

Check out Hogwild's homophobic agenda or Colpy's continued support of the illegal invasion of Iraq or your own continued support of George Bush in spite of the fact that he's extremely unpopular, Jay.

Better yet, go to some Conservative sites (please, just go) and check out the things that they say there. If the CPC is going to continue to claim that they are grassroots, and that's how their grass roots think, then obviously they are trying to hide their roots from the Canadian public.

Harper always looks like he's wearing eye make-up. Now it looks like he colours his roots too. :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Well I started to write a big long reply to this but decided against it.

I'm just going to cut it short and agree with you on one issue here; it does look like Harper wears eye liner.