Marc Garneau May Run For Liberals In Quebec

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Is this the Astronaut Marc Garneau? The first Canadian to fly 3 missions in space? He's from the Quebec City area, somewhat conservative, I'm surprised he's running for the liberals. The ADQ is more to the right than the Quebec Liberals (if you can call it right). Better yet, he could serve his country better if he gets into federal politics and runs for the CPC.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Marc Garneau May Run

You should have read the link, Nascar. He is thinkng of running federally.

Seeing as how he's a man of science, running for the CPC (Creationist Party of Canada) wouldn't make much sense, would it.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Marc Garneau May Run

Reverend Blair said:
You should have read the link, Nascar. He is thinkng of running federally.

Seeing as how he's a man of science, running for the CPC (Creationist Party of Canada) wouldn't make much sense, would it.

I clicked on it but obtained an error message. Plus, the statement "may run for Liberals in Quebec" sort of implies on the provincial side.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I clicked on it but obtained an error message.

I got a story about Marc Garneau running for the Liberals in Quebec.

Plus, the statement "may run for Liberals in Quebec" sort of implies on the provincial side.

Why? He is running for the Liberals and is doing it in Quebec. That means he's not being parachuted into Alberta or something, but running in his home province. It is the federal election that's imminent.

It's just the opposite of if I were to write that Andrew Scheer is running for Creationist Party of Canada in Saskatchewan. Opposite because Andy is parachuted in. Actually I don't think they gave Andy a parachute...I think they booted him out of the plane and he landed on his head.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Reverend Blair said:
Why? He is running for the Liberals and is doing it in Quebec. That means he's not being parachuted into Alberta or something, but running in his home province. It is the federal election that's imminent.

Rev, it's almost a given that federal candidates will usually represent their home province. There would be no reason not to.

It's not worth mentioning.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Marc Garneau May Run

No aha. The story is about him running for the Liberals in Quebec.

If he was running for the BQ in Quebec, would you assume that they really meant PQ?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: Marc Garneau May Run

Reverend Blair said:
No aha. The story is about him running for the Liberals in Quebec.

If he was running for the BQ in Quebec, would you assume that they really meant PQ?

There would be no need to reference Quebec for either the PQ nor the BQ as both have candidates soley in Quebec.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Rev, it's almost a given that federal candidates will usually represent their home province. There would be no reason not to.

Yet the Conservatives booted Andy out an airplane over Saskatchewan and the poor bugger landed on his head.

There would be no need to reference Quebec for either the PQ nor the BQ as both have candidates soley in Quebec.

There are none so blind as the purposely obtuse...or something like that.