Canadian Military Pension "Claw Back"

HOCK

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/military.pension/page-01.htm

This site is intended for anyone who is currently in or receiving a Federal Pension.

As some of you may know, once you reach the eligible Canadian Old Age Pension age (65) and start receiving that pension, your Federal pension is reduced by $100.'s.

This site is a list of people who have written their member of Parliment to ask that this reduction be stopped. If you work for any non-governmental agency and receive a pension, once you reach pesionable age, your company pension is not affected.

Evene if you do not have issues of this nature, please take a look at this site. There is no reduction of your Federal pension once you start your Canada Pension (age 60).

powerboy0001

Jun 7, 2007
Claw Back Sucks

The link given cannot be accessed by me. I have written my member of parliment and the pm with no reply or support. This claw back of pension monies is unfair. Do Canadian politicians face the same Claw Back of their pensions? I think not. What ever happened to "What is fair for the Gander is fair for the Goose?"

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Thanks I will gladly look at it. Are you a retired service member also?
Nope.....retired early from industry....there you get a little extra as an incentive to retire early, somewhere around 400$ a month, called bridging which you loose when you get OAS old age security ..........

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It's not just the military. Exactly the same thing happens to every member of the RCMP. They have been fighting that for years. The government (all of them) don't give a damn! You will never see the bias change. It is discrimination plain and simple in my opinion and you will never see any politician take the same cut in pay. If we didn't pay them so much for pensions, maybe they wouldn't have to rob you and the RCMP.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Nope.....retired early from industry....there you get a little extra as an incentive to retire early, somewhere around 400$ a month, called bridging which you loose when you get OAS old age security ..........
My brother worked for the schools as a Custodian. He retired at age 60. The bridging didn't exactly pay off. Once he hit 65 his drop in pay was large - much more than he expected. I think he said he dropped about $600.00 per month. He did fine for several years as he lives alone. Now he is struggling. The other night he told me that he has only $2000.00 left to his name and then it's paycheck to paycheck and school custodians have never made a lot of money.