Health Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I almost hate bringing this up.......

According to a newspaper article I read (God knows where), There was a average six month waiting period for a list of major surguries in Canada. Then Martin introduced his famed 41 BILLION dollar "fix for a generation".

Since then, wait times have dropped, on average, by ONE DAY!!!!

Obviously throwing money at the problem doesn't work.

Consider the Swiss (whom always seem able to think "outside the box") In Switzerland there are no waiting lists, excellent medical treatment is available to all, and the Swiss population rates their system the best in the world. They are probably correct.

Brace yourself, lefties.

There are NO public hospitals in Switzerland.

The entire system is privately run.

The fix is this.........individual medical insurance is MANDATORY. The government is simply NOT involved in the delivery of health care. Insurance may be a perk of employment, or it may be individually purchased. Different levels may be purchased, but there is a legal minimum.

People under a certain income level receive a check from the government that MUST be spent on insurance.

Insurance companies compete to supply the best coverage for the cheapest price.

AND IT WORKS!

Comments?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Please don't insult our intelligence around here, that up ^^^^^^^ is bullshit and you knows and we knows it. Just like you wrote this:

Brace yourself, lefties :roll: :roll: tad obvious, innit?????

If you scroll down this forum you will see two threads on health care.

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Colpy said:
....... Consider the Swiss (whom always seem able to think "outside the box") . . . Brace yourself, lefties. . . There are NO public hospitals in Switzerland.. . .
Consider this official description . . .
Brace yourself, Canadian Content regulars . . .
This poster is full of excremant.

Please note, from:

STAT-USA Market Research Reports
Regions: EUR;Europe;Central Europe
Divisions [Canton]: Zurich

. . . . The over 7 million inhabitants of Switzerland boast one of the world's highest per capita income levels and one of the best health and social services systems, with over 10% of the GDP being spent on this sector. The use of medical equipment in health service facilities has doubled in the last 15 years; this trend will continue even more markedly in the future. . . .

. . . Switzerland maintains a modern and efficient, but very costly, health care system. Rising health care costs can partly be attributed to the increased complexity of the health care system, including the use of specialized and cutting edge technological equipment in diagnosis, therapy and rehabilitation. . . .

. . . In addition to public hospitals, private establishments and specialized rehabilitation clinics play an important role in the Swiss health care system. They currently supply one-fifth of the Swiss hospital services. . . .

Alternately, there is the American Plan:

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Colpy said:

According to a newspaper article I read (God knows where), There was a average six month waiting period for a list of major surguries in Canada. Then Martin introduced his famed 41 BILLION dollar "fix for a generation".

Since then, wait times have dropped, on average, by ONE DAY!!!!

Obviously throwing money at the problem doesn't work.

Consider the Swiss (whom always seem able to think "outside the box") In Switzerland there are no waiting lists, excellent medical treatment is available to all, and the Swiss population rates their system the best in the world. They are probably correct.

Brace yourself, lefties.

There are NO public hospitals in Switzerland.

The entire system is privately run.

The fix is this.........individual medical insurance is MANDATORY. The government is simply NOT involved in the delivery of health care. Insurance may be a perk of employment, or it may be individually purchased. Different levels may be purchased, but there is a legal minimum.

People under a certain income level receive a check from the government that MUST be spent on insurance.

Insurance companies compete to supply the best coverage for the cheapest price.

AND IT WORKS!

Comments?

I agree, Colpy. I have noticed now much more efficient the health care system is here in the US. Private health care is the only way to really have an efficient system. How else will you eliminate folks who die every year on waiting lists before they get a chance to have surgery? It is unacceptable to have such high taxes for public health care considering there are those who die as a result of it's inefficiency.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thats a lie nascar, and we have showed over and over again in the threads regarding health care, that your system has failed. This is why duplicate threads are being locked. You insist on creating duplicate threads on the same topic. There are two threads in this forum on health care, use either one of them. Again in the two thread dealing with health care, it shows that you are wrong, I suggest you actually read them. :roll: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.