There has to be a pony in here somewhere?

NokiaFree

Oct 24, 2005
Victoria
I find it statistically impossible that there is never anything good to report on about our government. Is it possible?

Honestly, when was the last time you read, heard, watched or had a discussion with someone about something our democratically elected government did something right?

Please dont jump all over me, just tell me when you heard or said something positive!

I have been trying to compile positive news for about a year, and it has been next to impossible to find.

Am not saying that there is nothing negative, just that it would be nice to look at the other side of the coin for balance.

Justin

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: There has to be a pon

The response to the Liberals accepting the NDP budget amendment was mostly positive. The right wing press hated it, but the Canadian people liked it. Chretien's golf ball thing was good, and political reporters who understood the background liked it, but they didn't explain it to the public so the reaction was negative. The response to China wanting 400,000 barrels of our oil a day has been fairly positive, although nobody seems to mentioning tying trade to human rights and environmental requirements as an option.

The Martin government, and before them the Chretien government, haven't done much to be proud of though. They remain in power mostly because of the ineptitude and scariness of the Conservatives.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005

A bit off topic,but did anyone else see the coverage of the annual Press gallery dinner in Ottawa over the weekend?

All three leaders(Duceppe did not attend)were truly hilarious and who knew Jack Layton could sing,lol?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I watched it on CPAC. They were all funny. I get kind of nervous when I see the press and politicians getting all cozy like that though. Also, Anthony Germain is an idiot.