Paul the hack Martin

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
the liberals over tax its a fact. It so they can have money to buy voters.... remmeber before this summer break paul martin and the libs were promising/spending money like there was no tomorrow.

these jerks could lower taxes but they don't..they see tax moeny as their money to buy votes to stay in powern and fund thier bullshit gun registry and whatnot.... why do they always underestimate damn surpluses......

they take on damn stupid things without evern thinking.... i mean look at health care.. they jsut accuse teh conservative of trying to destroy healh care....but many superior european models have both private and public and its way better than Canada or in the US....wake up the libs are CONS

We could easily lower income tax as well as corporate tax( to attract more jobs) but these hacks are pissing us away....

the way i see it is that surpluses is OUR money .....why dont we have tax cuts..... why does this governmet get to spend our money to test out liberal ideas...gun registery, sponshorship mess, day care (money shouuld of gone to health care, i mean dont open another inefficient program shit fix health care!!!!)

the only thing uglier than liberal inefficiency is mr Paul Martins mug....gee

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
im not saying that conservatives are the cure all answer ........ but someone needs to take out the trash even if at least for a year or so

who the hell is martin thinks he can critisize the UN......he cant even meet the 0.7% to aid poor countries!
dang we should of took the wasted gun registry money and gave it to poor africans.....

What about him talking about kyoto ....... what a bunch of crap....... we are increasing our emmisions not decreasing and he can school the UN lol.

I want to reduce emmisions but kyoto is not the answer....I dont want my fecking tax dollars going to russia and china geeeeezzz......they jsut gonna use coal power there and pollute more... why the hell would we buy credits from from these countries???????

why can't the Liberals think instead of trying to show the worlld that they follow any fad blindlessly..... kyoto has some good ideas but we can do better..... it is a very good plan for the European countries who have older infastructe but here we have to come up with better solutions......

.....and overtaxing us at the gas pump is not the solution to our problems.......

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just wanted to start a thread to see what everyone thought generally about Martin or his government!

What you really wanted was a thread to do your "I hate the Liberals" trick yet again, and again.....etc...

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
...yes Juan me and many people left or right feel the same way about this government..... a bunch of scumbags

..... Over the last decade we have ignored our military too.......... our military is now weaker than Australias even though we have a considerably larger population......

.....not only this but our peacekeeping troops is no where near where it neads to be.....i mean we are outdone by some 40 countries in this area....geeez and we are supposed to be a G8 nation.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The real problem with Martin is that his policies are far too close to the policies that Harper and the other neo-conservative/neo-liberal bozos around the world back.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
yea hes a damn idiot....... follows any fad blindlessly

jsut curious what you mean when you say his policies are similar to Harpers? I would take it you talking fiscally?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
What don't you neo cons get here???? No matter who is in power, nothing could be as bad as harper and harperites, neo cons! not conservatives! neo cons! The over the top right wing religious fruitcakes! Nobody wants them running this country. We only have one conservative at this board, and he is okay, and that is MMM mike, the rest are neocons!

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
peapod please explain to me what Steven Harper and the conservatives could do that is soo bad.........and base it on fact please? in other words don't make up crazy things like he would build a huge statue of jesus and get a hard on! lol

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
jsut curious what you mean when you say his policies are similar to Harpers? I would take it you talking fiscally?

Both fiscally, although Martin is a far more competent money manager than Harper if Harper's last platform is anything to go by, and in his apparent willingness to bend over every time a member of the Bush cabinet walks by.

Consider this, Hank...When Martin originally brought the budget down, Harper didn't even wait for a recess to run out into the hall and trumpet how it was, "almost a Conservative budget."

Consider Martin's reluctiance to boost foreign spending.

Consider that Martin willingly put conditions on forgiving debt for developing countries even though most third world debt can be considered odious at this point, meaning that they don't have to pay it back.

Martin went into Haiti and helped remove Aristide, largely because he wanted to maintain good relations with the US. Aristide was elected and we helped to replace him with a military junta.

Martin supports the actions of the IMF and the World Bank even the conditions those institutions put on developing countries basically put corporations in charge and harm the people living there.

There is evidence that Martin wanted to go to Iraq. He denies it now, but the rumour won't go away and there have been details in a couple of books.

Martin wanted to join BMD. He was forced to say he wouldn;t join by public opinion, but he'd already slipped it through the backdoor anyway.

I could go on...there's the safe third country law, letting Georgie's storm troopers arrest Canadian citizens on Canadian soil, and a bevy of other things.

These are all things that Martin and Harper have agreed upon. There is very little difference between them when it comes to foreign policy, especially when it comes to dealing with the US or kneeling in front of their corporate masters.

It's almost hilarious to see the hatred and bile you neo-cons have for Martin. He's so bloody close to Stevie in so many policies that they look like friggin' twins. The major difference is in social policy. At least Martin isn't an outright bigot like Harper is.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ehm....nope! I will not, you want to know go back and read the threads that have re-hashed and re-hashed this topic, along with you neocons other favorites, abortion, gay marriage, you know the blah blah blah! Same old same old! a neocon trick I presume, a simple attempt at brainwashing, blathering the same thing over and over again, trying to win by nibbling people to death like ducks with the same old same old. hold on! ehm...sorry I had to lick my fingers, I am munching down on hot wings... Hey but do carry on. :sleepy1:

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
Here are some reasons I want the conservatives to win:

-show the liberals that they can't get away with corruption ( let them sit 1 out ).

-conservatives would immediately cut funding for the gun registry and redirect it to police funding to cut crime.

-the 4.6 billion deal the liberals made with the NDP! most people don't know that it was expected to create somewhere in the range of 250 000 jobs for Canadians.

- Kyoto! I have no idea why the liberals would want to send billions of Canadian tax dollars to Russia and China to buy emmision credits. These countries will just use dirty power for their energy and ending up polluting more while getting our tax dollars as a bonus! not to mention human rights voilations over there!

-a seriously faulty equilization program. Many provinces get screwed over. Just look at Saskatchewan they are supposed to be a "have province".

-Paul Martin thinks we are idiots. He overtaxes to get a enormous surplus then when his government is in trouble he promises us our money back so we think he is a hero! (not to mention that the liberals deliberately underestimate the surplus as to not build up too high of expectations)

-they liberals don't even provide our border guards with firearms! they put them in danger but becuase they are anti gun they will not let them protect themselves.

-our military! our peacekeeping troops are starved. They are something like 40th in the world and Canada is a G8 nation.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
-show the liberals that they can't get away with corruption ( let them sit 1 out ).

Mulroney was at least as corrupt and there is no indication that the Conservatives will be any less corrupt.

-conservatives would immediately cut funding for the gun registry and redirect it to police funding to cut crime.

Most of the money you are complaining about is already spent. Crime is actually dropping, not rising.

-the 4.6 billion deal the liberals made with the NDP! most people don't know that it was expected to create somewhere in the range of 250 000 jobs for Canadians.

Canadians overwhelmingly supported that deal because we're sick and feckin' tired of corporate welfare.

Kyoto! I have no idea why the liberals would want to send billions of Canadian tax dollars to Russia and China to buy emmision credits. These countries will just use dirty power for their energy and ending up polluting more while getting our tax dollars as a bonus! not to mention human rights voilations over there!

I'm not explaining this again, there are already a few threads on it. Suffice it to say that you should learn the facts or STFU.

-a seriously faulty equilization program. Many provinces get screwed over. Just look at Saskatchewan they are supposed to be a "have province".

It's screwed up because of the provinces and it won't be fixed until the provinces smarten up. Especially whiny old Alberta.

-Paul Martin thinks we are idiots. He overtaxes to get a enormous surplus then when his government is in trouble he promises us our money back so we think he is a hero! (not to mention that the liberals deliberately underestimate the surplus as to not build up too high of expectations)

Yeah, and you want to give that money to corporations who have a long history of shipping our money south.

-they liberals don't even provide our border guards with firearms! they put them in danger but becuase they are anti gun they will not let them protect themselves.

If the damned Americans would solve their gun problem, this wouldn't be a concern.

-our military! our peacekeeping troops are starved. They are something like 40th in the world and Canada is a G8 nation.

The starvation occurred largely because of the massive debt that Mulroney built up. It is being slowly rebuilt now and the way it is being rebuilt is sustainable, unlike Harper's plan, although it is neither as effective nor as fiscally responsible as the NDP plan.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
I hope many of the traditional minded voters will keep in mind Martin's SSM legislation come the next election. They will remember that Martin took it upon himself to legalize SSM without first having a nationwide vote.

Also, folks will remember the deal he made with the devi ...er I mean with the NDP so he wouldn't get booted out of Parliament, along with the rest of his party regarding the SPONSORSHIP SCANDAL. What kind of a deal was it? He eliminated tax cuts from large corporations so the government could spend more on social programs such as welfare et al. That's right, he's eliminated more resources from companies, giving them less to work with when it comes to hiring more for their workforce.

So he preferred putting more money into programs such as welfare instead of giving this tax cut money to the corporations to allow them to hire more workers. It is still too fantastic to believe a government given a choice of the two would choose the way Martin did. Well, I guess there is always a first time ... and a last!

By the way, this money wasn't simply pocket change, it was $4.6 billion of taxpayers dollars.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
SSM is not even an issue. It may be in Alberta but not anywhere else. So what if Alberta goes all tory they only can gain 2 and that will not be enough to cover all the other seats the tories will lose in other provinces.

Re Deal with NDP-

So what? Nothing wrong with having good strong social programs. Canada has social programs America basically does not. Jealous?