Will the Conservative/right wing parties fade out?

lefthour

Mar 5, 2005
Ontario
I've been on this site for a few month's now and read many threads and listened to many users opinions (some I agree with some not so much). This fall I will start my last year of high school and through out high school I have noticed something what I would call weird for my area.

I've always lived here in Ontario, in the riding of John Tory, the progressive conservative's leader for Ontario. So obvioulsy a safe seat. But I've noticed something with my peers and other students at my school and that is that they dont like the conservative/right wing parties. We have done class polls and school wide, some rasing hands others with ballots and secret votes but the conservative/right wing parties always came out on bottom, NDP first, followed by Greens or Liberals.

Now I realize there are lots of factors involved here, such as followers and misinformed people, but I still find it to be a sad state for the conservative party when in a very conservative riding they fail to attract young people, just my opinion.

So I guess my quesion to any one who wishes to anwser is as follows...
Will the conservative/right wing parties fade out, will the liberals become the new conservatives, are young people just uninformed or is it something else completely.

lol, BTW this is my first new topic post, hope I'm doing this right and haven't duplicated any others or put it in the wrong section, any feed back is good feed back, Thank you.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la
Well lefthour...a lot of people/ some people, feel that the conservatives are outdated, and unrelated to the people and what they really want. when you vote for a party, you vote for someone who would best represent and listen to your views, not tell you what your views are. a lot of teens are becoming aware of their own voice, and a voice that conflicts with what the conservatives are telling them...Will the right wing fade out? not likely their belief is strong enough that they will be around for a looong time to come...it's just that not nearly as many people agree with them or their practices any more

lefthour

Mar 5, 2005
Ontario
Yeah, I hear what your saying. I'm sure people change their minds too as they age and gain experience. I always just found the support for them among teens in our area to be extremely low, you would think there would be a little more. I wonder if this means in a metropolitan area like Toronto rightwing support is un heard of by teens?

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Look at where NEOCON policy has lead the world and you'll find your answer Lefthour .Beside would you vote for a growm man with a little boys haircut whats up with that :lol:

lefthour

Mar 5, 2005
Ontario
lol, well, depends what he's offering me. Candy is always a good incentive. John Tory is kinda weird though, when he was at are school talking he looked like he felt out of place and uncomfortable, well I can imagine with the teachers around, lol.

lefthour

Mar 5, 2005
Ontario
Yeah you'd Think, I think Not, cause we can be kinda selfish, which some of the right wing parties have an image of.

lefthour

Mar 5, 2005
Ontario
Yeah you'd Think, I think Not, cause we can be kinda selfish, which some of the right wing parties have an image of.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Will the Conservative/right wing parties fade out?

lefthour said:

Extremism on the right always has an adversary on the left. Neither one of them are goody two shoes.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
as you enter the adult world you may start to accumulate wealth and advance in position. This will start the process of fear. Fear that NDP will come to power and spread your income to social reform. Fear that the Liberals will come to power and allow immigrants to take your job. Fear that the Corporate giants will leave with loss of tax advantage and limit your possibilities. I watched 8 years of Mike Harris cruelty against the poor. And the People of Ontario cheered him on. Conservativism is a Party of exclusion and exclusiveness. There is never a shortage of greed or callousness in the world so it is a safe political movement.

lefthour

Mar 5, 2005
Ontario
Yeah it does make sense, I think my morals would outweigh money though, and now that I've said that I'll make sure of it, just not to be proved wrong.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Will the Conservative/right wing parties fade out?

lefthour said:
lol, I always considered my self a centrist, I guess that makes me a *censored* though. lol

Only extremists call you that, and thats perhaps because they don't get any :p