Manitoba Madness

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Given that there is a thread about golf rage in Alberta, in order to ensure fairness and a sense of balance, here is an article about something far worse in Manitoba:

Marine on leave attacked in The Pas
Last Updated May 10 2005 07:47 AM CDT
CBC News
WINNIPEG – Cpl. Leonard Anderson survived seven months in Fallujah, Iraq, without a scratch – but after just three days on leave in The Pas, the U.S. marine is fighting for his life after a vicious attack.

Anderson had returned home to visit friends and family, and he was booked to speak at several schools in the The Pas area to thank the children for sending cards and letters of support during his tour of duty with the U.S. Marine Corps.

FROM OCT. 25, 2004: Support my marine, says mom

Instead, Anderson was flown to Winnipeg for medical treatment after what police believe was a gang-related fight outside a local bar. His lung was punctured and his kidney and liver were cut with what is believed to be a machete.

"He's in a lot of pain and he had to be really quiet, because they said the organs need time to heal," says Anderson's mother, Marlene Starr.

Starr says her son was out to a local bar with some friends when a fight broke out. She says Anderson was watching the scuffle when he was hit from behind.

"There was a commotion in the crowd and he was standing on his tiptoes to see what it was about and that's when he was hit from behind with a machete," says Starr.

RCMP believe the fight was between alleged gang members and another patron of the bar. At least three other people were also injured in the melee.

Starr expects her son to be in hospital for the next seven to 10 days, and away from the marines for the next three months.

RCMP have charged a 26-year-old man from The Pas in the incident.

Pretty Sad.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Reverend Blair said:
:roll: Third time you've posted it Blue. Troll

No trolling, previous posts were removed. If it had not been removed, would not have have had to start a new thread. And just make sure everyone is clear, the truth is the soldier did not start anything:

"There was a commotion in the crowd and he was standing on his tiptoes to see what it was about and that's when he was hit from behind with a machete," says Starr.

No spin required.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Ok .... so someone got wounded in a bar fight. I don't get the significance. ???? So what. Happens all the time. What's the big deal?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Why are you continually posting a story that has f*ck all to do with you and was from May, Troll boy? Go post it at your f*cking hate site. Post this too...they seem to love everything I type.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: RE: Manitoba Madness

Reverend Blair said:
Why are you continually posting a story that has f*ck all to do with you and was from May, Troll boy? Go post it at your f*cking hate site. Post this too...they seem to love everything I type.

Sorry, will not do that. There was a thread posted about so-called golf rage in Calgary, which of course got the typical left wing response. This thread was to show that stupid behaviour takes place everywhere. And if the original post had been allowed to stay on the golf rage thread, this thread would not have been started. But it was deleted from the golf rage thread because it was off topic for that thread. So I started a new thread with this as a topic. Surely if a thread about so-called golf rage in Calgary can be started, this can too?

And I do not post on any hate sites.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Rev ... go hop in the shower, wash off the troll dust and post one of your entertaining stories somewhere to lighten the atmosphere around this joint!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
blue ... don't you get it? Your actions have shown your character and cost all respect.

I have a policy of giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, but cross me once and you don't ever get a second chance.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: RE: Manitoba Madness

Cosmo said:
blue ... don't you get it? Your actions have shown your character and cost all respect.

I have a policy of giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, but cross me once and you don't ever get a second chance.

I guess not. I cross no one.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
blue ... don't get me started. You've used up your quota of my good nature. You know exactly what you did, apology notwithstanding, so don't make me post it here in open forum.