Rats Leaving The Sinking Ship

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Two of S. Harper's spin meisters have decided to leave for greener pastures. Here's hoping they find lucrative careers in the used car advertising field :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Rats Leaving The Sink

I wasn't really that surprised that Norquay quit. Could imagine trying to be the head spinner for that bunch of clowns? His last appearance on Politics was on Tuesday. He was still trying to back away from SSM being an issue in the next election.

I don't like the man, but I really felt sorry for him. You could just tell that he knew it was time to cut the losses and move on to another issue...that they'd lost the battle...but at the same time he knew that it wasn't going to go away.

I think he was Harper's third Head of Communications. Before that gig, he ran Stronach's leadership campaign.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Ya, more and more CPC members will see that its hopeless to try and get the radical element out of the party, so they are leaving. There is strong backing from fundy groups that ensure Harper and his flocksters remain at the top. This keeps rationality from being a key point in their time in Ottawa, its just about their semi-secret agenda, and so too bad for the CPC members who are not "with it".

It must be in the nomination process where things happen... "we got this and that backing, so are you with us, or are you with that other group?" "These guys want that leader because he brings that funding with him and so we got the best chance in elections with him".

To oust them requires a lot of backing, more than they get now, its just a damn auction at those nomination conventions.

Only some real serious group, like a financial/corporate interest, will have the will power to spend enough. Chamber of Commerce maybe, or a Pipeline Consortium [if the new candidate will agree to new legistation about rights-of-way, for eg.]

For now, we got an official opposition party bought and paid for by Christian Fundamentalists. Some of these semi-secret societies have a lot of money. i feel sorry for the CPC members who are not real fundies, they must be uncomfortable when Harper starts to open his mouth....