Abortion

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Note: I banned the guy who started this thread ... but if you want to continue discussion on it, that's cool.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Re: RE: Abortion

Cosmo said:
Note: I banned the guy who started this thread ... but if you want to continue discussion on it, that's cool.

Why, cause his view differed from your? What kind of debate can we have if there are no opposing views?

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario

GreenGreta said:
He was particularly nasty and unpleasant.

So what, we're on the Internet here, it is just words on a computer screen. Being nasty and unpleasant shows emotion, what's wrong with that. I've seen far nastier comments concerning Quebec and other issues, but those aren't censored.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
I think not said:
DasFX said:
I think not said:
Don't question the mods decision.

I'm shocked at your comment, especially when is comes from a Yank.

Trust me mate on this one.

What are they going to do, ban me? I've contributed in a positive manner to this board. What kind of board are they trying to create if they remove all opposing views?

Very hypocritical if that is what they are doing.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Daxfax,
Stop bashing the moderators in this forum, how many times do you have to be told, if you don't like what a moderator has done, than PM andem the administrator of this site. Its not up for debate in the forum. We do not allow hate links here. If thats what you want than go elsewhere.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Pro-Abortion: Give life the same chance as you do with the piping plovers' eggs. Disposing of a life is murder any way you cut it.

Pro-Life: It is none of your dam business what a woman does with her body. Think about women that cannot afford, are not ready or do not want to raise children..

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
peapod said:
Daxfax,
Stop bashing the moderators in this forum, how many times do you have to be told, if you don't like what a moderator has done, than PM andem the administrator of this site. Its not up for debate in the forum. We do not allow hate links here. If thats what you want than go elsewhere.

Whatever! By the same principal, should we not be allowed to bash the Canadian government? I mean, shouldn't we all just PM the PM and let me know our displeasure? Are administrators special in some way here?

Sure this is a private forum, but the people on the forum make it what it is. What fun or how interesting is it when all you have are like-minded people saying the same thing over and over.

Rather than pushing opposing people (extreme or otherwise) away, would it not be better to listen and try to understand.

Like I said, whatever! But you really should throw in a disclaimer somewhere saying that is a left wing board, and anything contrary to left wing ideas will be heckled, edited, censored and/or removed.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Thanks Jo, and your right the decision are not made on whismy. Hate links are not welcome here. Does not matter if they are posted by the left, by the right, or somebody's mother. The decisions are not up for debate in open forum. Contact Andem if you disagree with a moderater decision.

Like your avatar by the way joe :p

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
"Canadians, first, last, and always!"
- PM Diefenbaker 1973

I think this quote should be attributed to "Rt Hon John Diefenbacker", since in 1973 the PM was Trudeau.

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Here is yet another example of the hypocritical nature of the Canadian gov'nt.

The government would rather allow the death of an innocent life than the execution of a convicted murderer.

OakServe

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Vancouver B.C., Canada
It's not that simple, James. We start keeping track of age when a baby has left the womb. We as a society have always thought of birth being the beginning of life. Rethinking our ways and trying to determine just when life does begin is not an easy process. It'll take time before this is made sense of entirely. If life begins when pregnancy begins, then every one of our birthdays is inaccurate. All of our ages are inaccurate. So it's not just lawmakers who are behind if life does begin at conception, we're all behind.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

OakServe said:
It's not that simple, James. We start keeping track of age when a baby has left the womb. We as a society have always thought of birth being the beginning of life. Rethinking our ways and trying to determine just when life does begin is not an easy process. It'll take time before this is made sense of entirely. If life begins when pregnancy begins, then every one of our birthdays is inaccurate. All of our ages are inaccurate. So it's not just lawmakers who are behind if life does begin at conception, we're all behind.

Not to be facetious or anything, but your birthday celebrates the day you were born, not the day you were conceived.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I don't think there is any doubt life begins before birth. If that were the case, a baby that needs a week to be born is not considered life? Or 3 months? What is the cutoff point?