Dogs are Smarter and More Tolerant than Harperites

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I saw Harper and his miscreant homophobes on TV today. They seemed hell-bent on proving themselves to be unelectable, even completely unpalatable, once again.

At first I thought I must have heard wrong. Vic Toews, a man who has been embarrassing Manitobans for years, was on. He seemed to be saying that MPs for the Bloc were somehow not legitimate. I listened for a bit, then figured that Vic had gone off the deep end again. I shook my head, but figured that his hatred of sex had finally caused the semen to back up behind his eyes and caused him to go insane.

Then Harper came on though. He spouting the same Quebec-hating homophobic shit that Toews was. I got a beer, rolled a smoke, and hunkered down in front of my TV set. Harper was saying that Canadians wouldn't respect a vote to institute same sex marriage because the Bloc was supporting it.

"This is what rednecks are like, Zeke," I said to the dog.
"Woof," she replied.
"It's because they live on hate."
Zeke looked sad. She is not prone to hate, after all, and she's more politically astute than anybody in the Conservative Party of Canada. I poured some beer into my hand so she could have a drink.

I finished my beer and put out my smoke and was about to go back to work when Peter Mackay appeared. He was spewing the same crap as Harper and Toews had.

I explained my semen theory to Zeke. She wandered off to lick the cat's head. Seems MacKay can't keep a dog's interest.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Dogs are Smarter and

Ha Ha Ha

Funny how the conservatives spill the same old rhetoric all the time. Its almost like they all rehearse together.........They sure are spouting a lot of it out latley, sore losers I guess or maybe they realize they are not too bright, I dunno.

Peter Mackay has turned out to be really a pathetic whiner (maybe his semen isbacking up behind his eyes since Belinda ran away?ha ha) Jay Hill is worse. I remember meeting that pudge when I was working in Fort ST. John for 5 years at a meeting to discuss Native Land Claims and I was surprised we all who attended never got white sheets when we left........he is really a horrible person, so full of himself.

A dog could run the country better than Harper.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

They are truly incompetent, No1. It shows the worst when they are unable to hide their bigotry and intolerance. What Harper and Toews were saying today was bizarre though. The Bloc has supported SSM since the beginning, but allowed dissenting MPs to vote against it. Their position has been clear since this became an issue.

Now, because the Conservatives don't like the BQ's stance on this, they are claiming that the BQ votes don't count as much as other MPs? What about the Liberal MPs from Quebec? Do their votes count? What about the BQ votes when they vote with the Conservatives?

It's just so bizzare and divisive to be saying these things, especially when the Conservatives need votes in Quebec and Ontario so badly.

I think the Conservatives are done. They'll be relegated to Alberta...a regional rump party that nobody take seriously.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Alberta is basically there only stronghold now. Harper lost 14 points here in BC while Layton is at 62% and Martin 52 or 53%. I don't think they even have a replacement for Harper, yet who wany want to lead a bunch of old dysfunctional dinosaurs anyways? I can see why Belinda left and i bet by summer is up more will leave.

The "W" type of trash talking American style politics does not, for the most part go over to well here in Canada.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

They'll likely lose 2 (maybe 3) ridings is Saskatchewan and 1 or 2 here as well. I doubt they'll get anything between here and the Maritimes, and those aren't exactly safe seats for them out there either.

It will be interesting to see who they blame that on.

passpatoo

Electoral Member
Aug 29, 2004
Algoma
I caught this on the national tonight. It is astounding how they can make such claims. I wonder if they really believe what they are saying?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What's funny is that the Bloc is legitimate if they're in league with the (ex-Progressive) Conservatives to try to defeat the Gov't, but suddenly NOT legitimate when they support the Gov't.

Apparently, Harper and his ilk think we're all stupid.

timson

Jun 9, 2005
When Harper is saying *Canadians* won't find the vote legitmate because its supported by the Bloc, he's really saying *Albertans*.

These ignorant, regional twerps have got to go and don't belong anywhere near government. They simply don't have the abilty. They are incable of understanding fundamental principles of freedom and equality. I was hoping that the recent floods in Alberta would have swept them all into Montana where they'd be so much happier.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I saw that too on the news. I had to supress a chuckle when Harper is discrediting the Bloc for their current choices when just a few weeks ago they were all buddy-buddy with the confidence vote.

Canadian politics seems to be getting more backstabby than some of the current reality shows.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Those reptilian types allways find a way to divide people.
With one brief sentence, they alienated Quebecers, Gays, and everyone who disagrees with the conservative position.

As for the future of the CPC... If they stay with Harper, it obvious they will just be representing a small group and can never get into the PMs chair. To re-build it again would mean kicking out the ones now running that party, and where would they go?

This is what is so dangerous about having Harper-types at the helm of a political party - now there is little hope of finding common ground. It divides us into factions that harden their positions by bring up these dead issues like gays, abortions, and gun control {see BlueAlberta for the complete list] {hey, these all seem like religious issues at their roots]{is that whats still dividing us, religion?

Christian Fundamentalists in Politics was nearly eradicated... we will be bogged down in hatefull dividing nonsense until they are.

BUT - Does Free Speach mean they have validity being in politics?

Ya, so until the individuals who support the Harperites decide to practise their religion as a personal relationship with their various gods, we will be doing these over and over. Democracy supports minorities, and we've got to let the fundies have their say... its dangerous and dividing, but its what they choose.
Separating Church and State was made law, but we are now going back there because the churchies [church-ills?] have rights too.

Now if only I could find a way for "people like me" to have an equal power and say-so like the Fundies do. I think they have found a way to get more power than their numbers would support. Maybe they have corporate backing? Is that part of their religious platform too? Do real christians make bombs that will kill innocents in a illegal war based on lies? Sure they do, which may be why they have more power than their numbers would indicate {corporate backing].

Those of us 'without association to established organisations' don't have an equal say. There are many of us, probably more than there are Fundies. Is that a "free Canada"?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Now if only I could find a way for "people like me" to have an equal power and say-so like the Fundies do."

Well you have public education at all levels, public health...tons of stuff receives subsidies from the government...welfare and EI...I'm sure there is more. Sounds like a leftie paradise to me...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Well, it's a tool that has served its function, and as we progress, has seen its day.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
"Yes, I can see that public education is some sort of leftie plot."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is to funny....only the curtain twitchers 8O 8O would find something wrong with education :lol: :lol:

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Re: RE: Dogs are Smarter and More Tolerant than Harperites

timson said:
When Harper is saying *Canadians* won't find the vote legitmate because its supported by the Bloc, he's really saying *Albertans*.

These ignorant, regional twerps have got to go and don't belong anywhere near government. They simply don't have the abilty. They are incable of understanding fundamental principles of freedom and equality. I was hoping that the recent floods in Alberta would have swept them all into Montana where they'd be so much happier.

Seems to me that this statement should border on a hate crime, seeing as how it identifies a specific group, and a minority, as Alberta is only one of ten provinces.

The fact that anyone would post this utter trash is unbelievable. Where do you clowns get off thinking that anyone who disagrees with you has no right to an opinion, and should die? And to use floods? What utter garbage. By the way, the rivers here go east. The Bow, Elbow, Oldman, all flow into the South Saskatchewan, which goes into Saskatchewan and on to the Hudsons Bay, I believe. You are an idiot, both political and geographical.