If you had to leave Canada................

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
If you had to leave Canada permanently with your family or in your current situation, where would you go? Be specific, don't just write USA or Europe or etc..

I think if I had to leave Canada I would head for the Brisbane Area of Queensland. I figure it has nice weather all year round, less congested than Sydney or Melbourne. New Zealand would be intriguing, but it is too small. If I had to go there, it would be the South Island.

Other than that, perhaps Barcelona or Marseille. No where in the US interests me that much. I'm off to San Francisco and Hawaii in a month so I may change my mind.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
DasFX said:
If you had to leave Canada permanently with your family or in your current situation, where would you go? Be specific, don't just write USA or Europe or etc..

I think if I had to leave Canada I would head for the Brisbane Area of Queensland. I figure it has nice weather all year round, less congested than Sydney or Melbourne. New Zealand would be intriguing, but it is too small. If I had to go there, it would be the South Island.

Other than that, perhaps Barcelona or Marseille. No where in the US interests me that much. I'm off to San Francisco and Hawaii in a month so I may change my mind.

The Pacific Northwest, Montana, Idaho, Washington, northern California. Perhaps Utah or Nevada, but certainly not the east coast, and the far south like Arizona would be too hot for me. I like the changes in the seasons, and this would be my preferred choice, if the opportunity arose. Never been to Australia, but from what I hear, that would also interest me. Would like to go first though, to see it.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
bluealberta said:
The Pacific Northwest, Montana, Idaho, Washington, northern California. Perhaps Utah or Nevada, but certainly not the east coast, and the far south like Arizona would be too hot for me. I like the changes in the seasons, and this would be my preferred choice, if the opportunity arose. Never been to Australia, but from what I hear, that would also interest me. Would like to go first though, to see it.

Are your choices politically motivated or geographically motivated? It seems some of your choices are not that different to your home (I'm guessing Med Hat or Lethbridge).

You are right about the change of season thing. I do like having four seasons (although I like certain ones better than others)

In Australia, I think further south in New South Wales and Victoria, the seasonal change is more prominent. Not so much in Queensland or the Mediterranean destinations I listed.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: If you had to leave C

Pea, hornby is Canada...you have to leave Canada......

Psssst, who you thunk pushed humpty?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well twinks since I found out that humpty dumpty was actually pushed off that wall 8O I do has I please, that includes making my own maps of canada :p :wink: I assume twinks..you will be able to comprehend the humor 8O you are after all a west coaster. 8)

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
peapod said:
Well twinks since I found out that humpty dumpty was actually pushed off that wall 8O I do has I please, that includes making my own maps of canada :p :wink: I assume twinks..you will be able to comprehend the humor 8O you are after all a west coaster. 8)

I beg to differ Pea...those rumour concerning Mr. Dumpty are nothing but conspiracy theories... :wink:

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: If you had to leave C

Well the internet is telling me it was Oliver Cromwell and The roundheads who "pushed" Humpty Dumpty.....

Pea, anyway you can include parts of Europe in your new map?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I'll reverse the topic. If I had to leave the New York I would pick Nova Scotia 8) . Beautiful scenery, great view of the ocean, great fishing and great people (I plan on retiring there)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
See now that is why I love this place...throw out humpty dumpty and look what comes back at ya :lol: Well I guess I would chose New zealand, probally the best place I might be able to catch a glimpse of Kraken, also know as Architeuthis 8)

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
peapod said:
See now that is why I love this place...throw out humpty dumpty and look what comes back at ya :lol: Well I guess I would chose New zealand, probally the best place I might be able to catch a glimpse of Kraken, also know as Architeuthis 8)

NZ is great, especially the South Island, but wouldn't you find it small? I mean it is pretty isolated, but then again that can be a good thing.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
I think not said:
I'll reverse the topic. If I had to leave the New York I would pick Nova Scotia 8) . Beautiful scenery, great view of the ocean, great fishing and great people (I plan on retiring there)

Where in NS?

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
DasFX said:
bluealberta said:

Are your choices politically motivated or geographically motivated? It seems some of your choices are not that different to your home (I'm guessing Med Hat or Lethbridge).

You are right about the change of season thing. I do like having four seasons (although I like certain ones better than others)

In Australia, I think further south in New South Wales and Victoria, the seasonal change is more prominent. Not so much in Queensland or the Mediterranean destinations I listed.

My choices are both politically and geographically motivated. I very much like the ability to be in different ecosystems within a short time, and would not want to be bound to one area only, if this hypothetical situation arose. I am in southern Alberta, so yes, I am more culturally and politically in tune with the areas I mentioned, in addition to the geography of the areas I mentiond.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Bluealberta I have lived on a isolated island most of my life, I like it that way...and less choice is always better...leaves more time for smelling flowers. 8)