The Vote Tonight

Sy

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
Hi all, just wondering what everyones thoughts are concerning the budget vote tonight. Will the government stay or fall?
Will you be watching/listening to it on cbc?

I'll be watching a live webcast at www.parl.gc.ca

I personally would like to see this budget go through because I like many of the initiatives that it brings out, like the atlantic accord, gas tax returns to cities and the national child care money.

Let's hear what you think!

badboy

Nominee Member
Apr 13, 2005
Kilgour confirms vote against government, it's up to Cadman and then they are done.

Thank god and good reddens

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Cadman was sounding like he was going to vote with the government, last I heard. That means the budget passes, the government stays, and we can have an election later.

Cadman won't say for sure though, so it could still go the other way.

No matter what though, I think Harper is about done. I'd like to see him lose this vote just to get that vein throbbing in his forehead.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I think not said:
Well seems your watching CSI missile, Martin government survived confidence vote
Nick is buried alive and i guess it will take two hours to dig him out & Tarantino is directing this episode :D

Sy

Electoral Member
May 17, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
And the vote is 153/152, speaker Peter Milliken (my MP yay!) voted to keep the government in power, as is tradition for the speaker of the house.

Canada is fine for a little while longer at least. Enjoy CSI =)

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
*sighs*

Phew, close one. I think we all owe Chuck Cadman a thank you for showing some sense and not letting Harper and his cronies get their way.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
So, where are all the Conservative posters with their tirades and rantings of injustice?

We are on smoke break right now...we will be back later.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
I'm no fan of the Liberals, but an election now would be a stupid waste of a ton of money, and probably would leave us with more-or-less what we have now, anyway.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I'm surprised that, in the interest of political posturing in their home province, Hearn and Doyle didn't abstain from the vote after they'd seen that their party was defeated anyway...instead they voted against the Atlantic Accord...I wonder how the Newfies are going to feel about that...

PHANTOMPHOENIX

May 17, 2005
Can someone go over for me the missing seats?

152 each but there are 308 seats...so where are the missing 4 coming from..?

I know there is a vacant seat in Labrador..what about the others?

badboy

Nominee Member
Apr 13, 2005
Vanni Fucci said:
So, where are all the Conservative posters with their tirades and rantings of injustice?

Right here, you need some common sense injected into this thread ?

we got enough WOW that was close already.