The RCMP vs CSA marketing

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
The RCMP lets Disney market its name to the world, selling T-shirts, caps etc. Which I actually bought a T for my nephew and everyone was quite happy. So, why doesn't the Canadian Space Agency sell Ts, caps, mugs etc with their logo on it? They too could make millions of dollars and use for new research projects, or a manned mission to Mars.

NASA in the United States sells merchandise, and no one seems to mind.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
This is a very good idea..if the items were actually made in this country.I remember when some RCMP merchandise was made in China!

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
RE: The RCMP vs CSA marke

Yes good idea. But we need to be 100% sure that money made goes at the the place they say! And for sure, keep the suppliers mostly Canadian, but at least, not from sweatshops!

Buying all that stuff from American Apparel would be a cool idea? Even if it's not Canadian.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Agreed! Canadian made first,then if not available,from the USA. Asian made goods would be acceptable only as the last resort!

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
RE: The RCMP vs CSA marke

Yes. But we must emphazized on the "no sweatshop" rule! I saw lots of documentaries about this and there is always more and more asian companies trying to make employees happier. Some have to improve the quality too.

We shouldn't say buy by the country, but more buy for the good reason, quality and decense of the people who made it. It's all about responsible consumming, and for sure the governments has to start the way.

And American Apparel is based in Calif. but owned and made by a Montrealer, and they have couple of stores in Montreal where I bought a T and it's amazing quality and not at high price! 20$

Anyway, for sure though, we need to encourage local first.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Yes, make sure CSA products are not make in sweatshops. And preferably in Canada. But let's get them made ASAP. Put them in stores so people can buy T-shirts and caps.

People love astronauts and want an opportunity to wear a product that supports what they are interested in. Canada has famous astronauts and people want to meet them and buy space merchandise.