Ban lifted PARTIALLY.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Yes I just heard the same thing on the radio. Remember folks it PARTIALLY. Not that I care one way or the other, its going to come out. This is about respecting andems rules, thats all it is for me. I already know the liberals are thiefs, but I am sorry to say I still have to choose the thief over the stoneage. Bah! maybe I won't even bother to vote in this election. No wonder young people don't care about this stuff.

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
Reporters here are saying that there is a BOMB right now, involving Brault, Guité and PLQ!

THE PLQ! Not just PLC.

But most of this info will be kept secret for some time.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm not seeing any smoking guns yet. It's all the backroom boys swinging deals with each other...no big-name politicians. That isn't going to hurt the Liberals much outside of Quebec...nobody knows who these people are and ultimately nobody will care much.

Unless this gets a lot juicier, this isn't the political bomb that everybody has been yakking about.

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Nope, I don't consider it juicy at all, just everyday life in politics. Now a big, ripe yellow peach, thats juicy

Nope. I would imagine it's quite bitter to left wing supporters.

I'm not seeing any smoking guns yet. It's all the backroom boys swinging deals with each other...no big-name politicians. That isn't going to hurt the Liberals much outside of Quebec...nobody knows who these people are and ultimately nobody will care much.

Unless this gets a lot juicier, this isn't the political bomb that everybody has been yakking about.

You're obviously in denial. I just spoke to a friend of mine who is a diehard Liberal supporter and he told me that this was the last straw. He will NOT be voting Liberal in the next election. If this is how the die hards feel, I can only imagine what the people on the fringe are thinking.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Nope. I would imagine it's quite bitter to left wing supporters.

Are you really that dim, Crit? The NDP stands to gain at least as much from this as the Conservatives. If you'd be paying attention to the news today you'd also realize that Layton and Blaikie got in far more effective shots than MacKay did during Question Period because while MacKay was babbling about criminal conspiracies based on one man's testimony, Layton and Blaikie were asking that money be set aside now to repay whatever was owed WHEN WE LEARN WHAT HAPPENED.

You're obviously in denial. I just spoke to a friend of mine who is a diehard Liberal supporter and he told me that this was the last straw. He will NOT be voting Liberal in the next election. If this is how the die hards feel, I can only imagine what the people on the fringe are thinking.

The people on the fringe don't care, Crit. They don't know any of the names. This thing has been dragging on interminably. The testimony is all in French, the names are all francophone so a lot of people think that it's a Quebec scandal. Most people have been under the assumption that the Liberals are crooked for a very long time, but they are also under the assumption that the Conservatives are crooked, so that isn't really a factor in how they vote. A lot of people are terrified of Stephen Harper because he's radical right-winger who has more in common with George Bush than John A. MacDonald.

Likely most importantly of all though, people are fed up with an official opposition who spends every second in front of the cameras scandal-mongering instead of dealing with issues.

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
The NDP stands to gain at least as much from this as the Conservatives.

The NDP is a non-factor in federal elections. Always have been and always will. Very few Canadians are willing to pay 85% income tax.

Once again, it comes down to simple math Rev. There were many close races in the last election where a Conservative came a close second by a few hundred votes. The liberals only have 23 or so more seats than the Conservatives. It only takes 12 of those close ridings to switch over, to vote in a new Conservative government. We are talking about only a few thousand votes. There will be more than just a few thousand voters leaving the Liberals and a majority will end up being Conservative votes. Yes the NDP will certainly pick up more seats this next election but it's not as if they will ever get enough to form a government.

The people on the fringe don't care, Crit. They don't know any of the names. This thing has been dragging on interminably.

The only name they need to know is "Liberal Party". Those that voted Liberal are well aware of who they voted for and now that they realize that they voted in the mafia, they will change their votes accordingly.

but they are also under the assumption that the Conservatives are crooked,

Actually, it's mostly you and handful of others thankfully.

Likely most importantly of all though, people are fed up with an official opposition who spends every second in front of the cameras scandal-mongering instead of dealing with issues.

Keep dreaming. Canadians want to get to the bottom of this and the only way that is going to happen is if we put the gears to the Liberals. I'm tired of sweeping things under the rug. It seems to be the Liberal way.

"scandal mongering?" You're too funny. This coming from a guy who claims that Canada will go back to the stoneages if the Conservatives get elected.

All you do around here is fear monger.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
The NDP is a non-factor in federal elections. Always have been and always will. Very few Canadians are willing to pay 85% income tax.

Look everybody, Crit is telling lies about NDP tax rates.

Once again, it comes down to simple math Rev. There were many close races in the last election where a Conservative came a close second by a few hundred votes.

And without people voting for the Liberals because of fear of the Conservatives the vote won't be split and the NDP will pick up all those seats where that was a factor. You need to gain at least a dozen seats that the Liberals lose and keep all of the seats you have now.

Even with that you would have a minority that was so weak that you wouldn't be able to pass any of your legislation. The BQ and NDP would be in charge. Your government would fall almost immediately.

What you really need in order to win a working minority is 36 seats. You aren't going to get any in Quebec, and you're going to lose half a dozen in BC, Saskatchewan, and Ontario because of the fear of Harper factor. So now you need to win 42 seats outside of Quebec that you haven't previously been able to win. Good luck with that. :D