Ralph Klein uses tragedy for political gain

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Klein says he hopes the death of four RCMP officers will bring back the debate of the gun registry. Why? If anything, we need tougher gun laws! Klein again shows he has no class. He's trying to use this tragedy for political gain. Typical of neo conservatives.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Ralph Klein uses trag

this whole thing has been nothing but politics since the very beginning, Gonzo.

The head of the RCMP said that it was because of pot and that it was tied to organized crime. One of the cop's mothers was pushing her politics in her first statement to the press. Anne McLellan used it to push mandatory sentencing. Ralph Klein did his bit today with the gun control thing.

You know the stupidest part about Ralph's rant? The firearms registry was very much a reaction to the shootings at l'ecole Polytechnique. That was politicized and instead of getting real gun control, we got the firearms registry. Ralph knows that.

lena

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2005
ab
Where did you hear that REV? The RCs here never said anything about POT..I'm truelly amazed how pot got into this......they were after stolen property and found like 20 plant..(hardly a grow op) I don't think the head of RCs would say that for sure when they don't know...don't ya think? chill till ya know for sure....just my oppinion....Ralph said lets have gun control not gun registry...thats what I hear....

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

So am I lena...I'm taking the word of the guy in the RCMP uniform, who was introduced as head of the RCMP, and said that it was because of grow ops and organized crime.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
We don't know all of the facts, so alot of what we say is based strictly on speculation.

Who knows, perhaps they did have a tip that there might be a grow-op there and they were investigating both the auto and grow-op. I don't know if we're going to know the whole truth until the investigation is complete, and even then who knows if the REAL truth will come out.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It had to be a very good tip for the RCMP to send in that many officers and lots of backup,too. I think they knew there was going to be major trouble there.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

The facts are coming out, tibear. The guy bought a truck. There was an issue with the tailgate so he quit making payments. The bailiff went out to repo the truck and was set upon by "rottweiller-like" dogs. The bailiff went and got the cops. The guy took off across the field in his truck. The cops found a chop shop and some pot plants, so they sent for a warrant. The guy left his truck twenty-some kilometres away, but somehow came back, snuck in, and killed the cops.