Canadian Flag

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I listened this morning to the CBC program on the Canadian flag. Today is the anniversary. I am amazed at the political fire storm it caused. What are your feelings about the canadian flag? I have always liked it, it stands out where ever you see it, I like its
simplicity and colours.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
I listened this morning to the CBC program on the Canadian flag. Today is the anniversary. I am amazed at the political fire storm it caused. What are your feelings about the canadian flag? I have always liked it, it stands out where ever you see it, I like its
simplicity and colours.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
simplicity and colours.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I like the bars idea and the Maple leaf is great, but I'm sure the flage is RED on purpose.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I like the bars idea and the Maple leaf is great, but I'm sure the flage is RED on purpose.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com
More and more, I see the Canadian flag as representing freedom and my own flag representing oppression. Especially during the Vietnam war when Canada gave refuge to so many who refused to fight an imperialist war. It always gives me a good feeling when I see the Canadian flag.

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com
More and more, I see the Canadian flag as representing freedom and my own flag representing oppression. Especially during the Vietnam war when Canada gave refuge to so many who refused to fight an imperialist war. It always gives me a good feeling when I see the Canadian flag.

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ya ElPolaco what you know about it, your just an american citizen who went to vietnam. I mean really, would you have us believe you know what you are talking about just because you were there.. :roll: :roll:

Thanks for the nice comments about our flag. Alot of draft dodgers came to Vancouver island, alot settled on Quadra island. They settled and never left. Your country's loss our gain :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Ya ElPolaco what you know about it, your just an american citizen who went to vietnam. I mean really, would you have us believe you know what you are talking about just because you were there.. :roll: :roll:

Thanks for the nice comments about our flag. Alot of draft dodgers came to Vancouver island, alot settled on Quadra island. They settled and never left. Your country's loss our gain :wink:

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Well. I'm just happy our flag wasn't Red, White & Blue like half of the other flags in the world. Also impressed that we dropped the union jack which would have just been another remnant of the Britain's imperialist history.

On the note, Australia needs a new flag :)

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Well. I'm just happy our flag wasn't Red, White & Blue like half of the other flags in the world. Also impressed that we dropped the union jack which would have just been another remnant of the Britain's imperialist history.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
That show on cbc was really really good! I never knew what went on in parliament for us to get this flag. They sat for 210 days debating this. 8O. I never knew any maple leaf history before...I love the CBC 8)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
That show on cbc was really really good! I never knew what went on in parliament for us to get this flag. They sat for 210 days debating this. 8O. I never knew any maple leaf history before...I love the CBC 8)