King Ralph won again damn

double 2

Nov 14, 2004
north of Edmonton
Well it looks like I have to endure another four yrs of arrogance with Ralph . One thing seems clear tho there are some in Alberta that are not happy with him . The liberals gained some seats . I hope this go-round King Ralph will listen to the people . But I kinda doubt that will happen .
Ya know I am a born and bred Albertan and I love this province . BUt there are times when I wish we had a government like say Saskatchewan and Manitoba .

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: King Ralph won again

There were just some talking heads on CBC radio...one a Conservative one a Liberal. They are both afraid the Alberta conservative party may implode the next time around...kind of like Mulroney's departure caused the end of federal PCs.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Mulroney's departure didn't cause the end of the federal PCs - Mulroney's policies did. By the time he stepped down it was too late for the party - the Libs won that election mostly because of the hatred Canadians felt toward Mulroney.

double 2

Nov 14, 2004
north of Edmonton
I can see it happening Rev, Ralph is going to have to start grooming some one . I just hope that he won't groom one in his image . In all honesty I would not mind if a P.C won the next election , but one who had a bit more compassion about the people here . With that I am refering to the seniors , Aboriginals , and yes even the gay comunity . As I really hate the people in other provinces calling us rednecks . Then again the other provinces have a right to do that . Because , sad to say we are a province of narrow minded self rightious rednecks .

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
I thought most Albertans were proud of the redneck label. At least the real Albertans - I can see where some of the transplanted ones wouldn't like it.

But then, I live in Lotusland.
:)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
And "anyone who holds a public office and shows up drunk at a homeless shelter and throws money at down and out human beings does not deserve any respect was so ever!!!

double 2

Nov 14, 2004
north of Edmonton
Re: RE: King Ralph won again damn

LadyC said:
I thought most Albertans were proud of the redneck label. At least the real Albertans - I can see where some of the transplanted ones wouldn't like it.

But then, I live in Lotusland.
:)
LadyC I am a real Albertan and I take offence in that remark . I lived in Langley for ten yrs . While I enjoyed it I had to move back home because I missed the prairies .
Peapod you got that right this is the bible belt but i am not one of those store front preachers . As a matter of fact religion and I don,t get along at all .

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well welcome double two. And I only have a problem with bible thumpers who throw flames and judge others by their standard of beliefs. Its dangerous and wrong. In fact there are many Anglicans that sit on the board where I am employed. They are very nice people, and never once have they ever tried to force their beliefs on to me or judged me on my beliefs. Myself I believe in a spiritual life, not dogma. But if dogma is your game, thats fine with me, just don't throw flames at me, because I throw them right back. And I grew up in Port Alberni, and everyone knows its a red neck town. :wink: And its a red neck that you want in the foxhole with you covering your back. :wink: Lady C and myself are always get into trouble, with our sense of humor, but I can assure you, I know her, and she was just joking with you. Welcome home you stay and get to know us.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
Thanks, peapod.

double 2... I've read enough posts by Albertans calling themselves rednecks to assume it wouldn't be offensive. I may be a B.C. girl born and bred, but like peapod, I grew up in a redneck town. All the pick-ups had gunracks in them when I was a kid.

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
Actually, alot of Albertans are Jesus worshiping immigrants from other countries. You shouldn't talk so badly about one of the best places your countries got going for itself. Alberta is gorgeous, and the people there have great character.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Actually Jamie in my younger days I lived in Fort Mcmurray, and edmonton and I do not agree that Alberta is one of the best things canada has to offer. That goes to British Columbia. Of course I live here so that might have something to do with it.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast

jamie said:
Actually, alot of Albertans are Jesus worshiping immigrants from other countries. You shouldn't talk so badly about one of the best places your countries got going for itself. Alberta is gorgeous, and the people there have great character.
Agreed. Alberta is in the top 13 best places in Canada.

PEI, of course, is #1 - it's got both Anne and lobster.
And the coolest red sand beaches.

jamie

Electoral Member
Oct 22, 2004
the wang
For SURE, Lady C!! I soooo agree, I love PEI!
I love Anne of Green Gables. PEI also "has" Brad Richards.... (drooling while making a Homer Simpson-like sound)
If I ever end up staying in Canada for an extended amount of time, you'll find me on Prince Edward Island. :D

double 2

Nov 14, 2004
north of Edmonton

LadyC said:
Thanks, peapod.

double 2... I've read enough posts by Albertans calling themselves rednecks to assume it wouldn't be offensive. I may be a B.C. girl born and bred, but like peapod, I grew up in a redneck town. All the pick-ups had gunracks in them when I was a kid.
Well sometimes I sorta tend to put my foot in my mouth too . I am really good that . Truth be told I didn't see your smilie face till after I posted . I am kinda blind as a bat.
To some people ,I guess being a red neck is something to be proud of . To other people it is derogatory .
Peapod I work for West Coast Amusements and we do the fall fair in Alberni . You say that town is red neck . I don't think so . Try playing in Trail or Oliver Port Alberni doen't hold a candle to those two towns .
As for religion I am an agnostic . I do get rather anoyed [sp] when some one tries to ram their beliefs down a persons throat .
I do like this site so I will be on it a bit

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
:lol: :lol: :lol: the fall fair :D I still go every year. And we still ride the bumper cars. :p I have probally seen you there, you took my money from them shoot up games. Oh Port Alberni is a very friendly town, with great people, and many of us are proud to be rednecks from there. Try the somass next time for rednecks. Trail is kind of a moon sort of place. :p

double 2

Nov 14, 2004
north of Edmonton
:) i enjoy going to PORT ALBERNI I love the drive in from the # 1 . Not to mention the salmon . :lol:
actually it wasn"t me that took your money at the shoot em up games it was Jim . But I get half his take . As for Trail it is a moon sorta place :D

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Ralph has shown himself to be a boor on several occassions. BC was NOT bloody impressed with the little stunt of handing out one-way Vancouver bus-tickets to welfare recipients a number of years back, either.

But you gotta hand it to anyone who can pull their Province COMPLETELY out of Debt. That's thinking ahead, and caring about what our children will inherit!

One look at the staggering debt being built up in America, by a very liberal (fiscally) President and congress, will tell you that. And they just kicked the Debt "ceiling" up another 800 Billion - some "ceiling"!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: King Ralph won again

Ralph could have paid off the debt a little later and done something for the people who need it though. I'd like to pay my mortgage off, but I'll be damned if I'm going to live on Kraft dinner to do it.

The other thing Ralph could have done is swung a deal with the US oil giants at least as good as Lougheed had. That way he could have paid off the debt when he did and still had something left for hospitals and poor people.

Lets face it, with the oil money Alberta has a monkey could have paid off the debt. It's really like winning the lottery.

As for the Bush regime...it's just a continuation of Reaganomics not working. It didn't work the first time and it still doesn't work. Imagine that.