2006 Canadian Census and National Missile Defence

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Word has come down this week that Lockheed Martin will help conduct the 2006 Canadian census through a Canadian subsidiary. Lockheed Martin is o­ne of the worlds leading arms manufactures and a close supporter of the Bush government.

From the Lockheed Martin website, “We never forget who we’re working for.” That certainly is neither Canada nor Canadian citizens; it is the U.S. government.

Source: http://www.canadiancontent.net/commtr/article_712.html

I highly suggest everybody read this article, Roy Whyte email'd it to me today and is of utmost concern to Canada's sovereignty and our standing in the world and in North America. It has to do with an American arms manufacturer and their interest and grip on the Canadian government.

This effects all Canadians!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Vive le Canada ran a protest against this when it came up for the test census. There is already a story up on the site. I highly suggest that we all get involved in protesting this little bit of Liberal cowardice.

[/url]

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Reverend Blair said:
Vive le Canada ran a protest against this when it came up for the test census. There is already a story up on the site. I highly suggest that we all get involved in protesting this little bit of Liberal cowardice.

[/url]

I remember the protest, Rev. I only wish it was more wide-spread, which is what I am trying to help out with. More Canadians need to be aware of how the government is stabbing us royally in the back.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Reverend Blair said:
Well, Roy White at the CDM (he posts here sometimes too, if I remember correctly) wrote an excellent article that Vive put up today. I think things are going to get rolling on this again.

You can see Roy's article at http://www.vivelecanada.ca/article.php/20041011170123532

Yep, it's the same article we put up the day before on the 11th. It's very important the people get the read the content of this article and KNOW what's going on with these issues. Anything urgent sent to us by Roy Whyte is usually looked at very thoroughly.

He has not been around these forums for many months.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: 2006 Canadian Census

He has been very quiet lately, not just here. That's unfortunate...I like his insight into things and his careful analyses of issues.

We all need to make sure that we speak out on this issue though, not just to federal Liberals, but to all of the parties. We are currently in a minority government so pressure from the other parties is most effective right now. In addition to that the Liberal Party has been showing some pretty serious cracks over the related issue of BMD. We should all write a letter to our MPs, the leaders, of each party, and the PMO.

If that fails, I suggest promotion of a complete boycott of the census. As long as Lockheed-Martin is involved at all, we should refuse to take part.

Thank you both for your kind words and voices of support.

I apologize for not being around much, as I have been so very busy.

If I can impress one thing on those that may read that article and this reply - please take a few minutes and make yourself heard. Phone, fax or email the government, stats Canada, Lockheed Martin and your own MP and Provincial officials. You don't have to do all that, but please pick one and hold yourself to it.

If your reading this message it probably means you have access to email. Instead of mailing a joke or a dirty picture, mail this article. The corporate media is not going to watch out for you and I, we must do that for ourselves.

My suggestion for this pressing situation is to drop in on your local MP if you can and make yourself heard. Voice your displeasure. Remember your MP gets paid to see you, to hear from you and to represent you. Sounds utopian I know, but remember this as well, politicians - all of them - want to be elected or re-elected. If enough people speak up, enough of them will listen.

Take care,
Roy

Scott

Nov 5, 2004
Canada

I personally don't think Lockheed Martin's subsidiary is a risk to Canadian interests by them conducting the census in 2006. They still have to follow Canadian laws as per the usual so everyone's information remains protected. The only hitch is that the parent company is based in the United States so if the census information is somehow stored on one of their servers down that way, then the Patriot Act could be used by the US to view the databases in the rare event that its necessary (and if it were necessary, CSIS would give the information to US authorities anyways even if the Patriot Act couldn't be used - privacy doesn't outweigh national security in the minds of intelligence agencies).

The entire "complain because our census is being conducted by a subsidiary whose parent company is an arms manufacturer" idea is foolish. Yes Lockheed has made a lot of equipment that the US is using in Iraq now - they also made a lot of the Canadian military's equipment which isn't being used the same way as the US equipment is. Lockheed is a multinational company so its hard to blame it for the actions of one nation in regards to how that nation is using their product. Personally I support Lockheed, they never started the concept of war, but they give us a way to defend against it with minimal harm to our own nation via high technology.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Okay, want to play that game? Our country has outsourced jobs, good paying jobs, to a company that makes its living from killing people.

No excuses. Scott can paint it as pretty as he wants, but dead is dead and Lackhead (not a typo) Martin (rhymes with "crooked prime minister") is a death merchant. Paul Martin (rhymes with cynical greedy bastard) likes this deal.

The Patriot Act requires that anybody who has any information at all give it to George Bush. There is some fancy language and some lies to pretty things up, but in the end that is what the Patriot Act says.

The cool thing is that the Patriot Act doesn'y apply to us. We're in Canada. Annie tried to sell us out, but we are still free. As long as we keep yakking we will remain so.

So, Scott...would you like to tell us how we have nothing to worry about one more time? I can't name my sources, can you?