Our army!

Proud_Quebecer

May 31, 2004
Yeah what do you think about the army of ours ?

The government wants to buy tanks ..and they have submarine buyed to England , they are in docks and not moving an inch ..and they are outdated since 20 years !!

...Did you know that Canada had the second navy in World War 2 after USA ?

800 ships

Here in Sorel-Tracy (my city) we have builded 247 war ships (destroyers) and sell them to England....they have never refund the money to us ..and today the debt is over 200 billions of dollars (canadian dollars ..lol)

Today our navy...well lets talk about other things..

There is more officers than soldiers .wow
When i was there in 1980 (till 84) the problem was already there

The rifles was fnc1 and fnc2...2 weapons that was dated from the Korean war !!

and the helicopters..and the cf-18 ...unable to maintain them ..so they stay on ground

let me hear about your comments please... :)

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Who cares? We don't need an army. The CF-18 still fly all the time, so do the Hélicopters. The Griffons. The rifles? What are you talking about? They use the C-7. The Canadian Federal debt is 416 billion $. To give you an idea though, the American Federal Debt is more then 5 Trillion $US and rising by estimated 500 billion$US every year. The Navy is the most uptodate of the Canadian Military. They built destroyers at Levis a few years ago.

The Destroyers built during the war, was part of the War effort. So why ask money for it?

Also, Canada doesnt need a huge military, its useless.

Proud_Quebecer

May 31, 2004
For the rifles i was talking about when i went into the army (from 1980-1984) they used fnc 1 and fnc 2...at the time..and i m sure they used it again in the training of the recruits..i was not saying that they used fnc 1 and 2 rifles into the regular army !

I do not agre with you when you re saying that cf-18 flyes all the time...they do not have the money to maintain these planes to fly all the time..Cf-18 are old and demands good car ..and a lot of money to maintain them in good conditions

I know the Griffons helicopters are flying all the time

I was talking about the extra old Sea kings

It s sure taht Canada do not need an army by the times we re talking...

...and about the talking..Is there only you and I in the forums ?

espiacelly the french forum..It s not that i do not like you...but it seems to me that the others do a lot of seings but not enough of talking

:idea:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Canada does need some kind of army. We also need some modern equipment. There's a lot of reasons why a military is needed. Self defense, peace keeping missions, emergency situations.

We should take a long hard look at world events and think to ourselves, do we really want to let our army and it's equipment go into service if the equipment is so old? No! It's against the safety of our military personnel -- so we need to finally spend a large sum to upgrade that equipment.

Koga Ringo

Jun 9, 2004
Yeah, our army is pathetic, thnak you Liberals.

If you guys think our army needs some fixing up, then vote Conservative.

And yes I am a walking advertisment.