Independence of Quebec for English speakers

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
We are a few Quebecers who built a Website for English speakers wishing to know more about Quebec's independence movement. The address is:

http://english.republiquelibre.org/

Feedback is more than welcomed. If you come across spelling mistakes, typos or would like to help in completing/improving the translations, feel free to send us an e-mail message at this address:

english@republiquelibre.org

Best Regards,

Mathieu Gauthier-Pilote
mathieu.g.p@republiquelibre.org

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Numure, not to come off sounding like a complete ass or anything, but lets face it although most of us know French the vast majority of Canadians most likely don't.

Having the information in English as well would only help your cause. If this is the case and it's all in French, why not translate more of it to English so the vast majority of others who don't have all the facts can get them. I've read up both sides of the issue and agree Quebec might benefit in the short run, but neither Quebec or Canada would benefit in the long run.

This is of course my opinion from crunching numbers, trending data, etc..

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Most of my entire thread was about the people of Quebec helping the rest of Canada understand a bit more by translating those documents that are mostly "only in french" to english to help educate everyone and broaden the understanding on the subject.

I've read almost everything I can on the subject from both sides, let it be in english or french and I have to say Im on the fence with the issue. I can't see seperation in the long run more beneficial to either party.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
In University, we put facts together. Everything we could think of, every possibility... I am convinved, it is the best solution for us (Our Nation). The current Canadian model will never work in the long run, not with two major Nations in the works. Either its change (big ones), or I will continue to support my peoples fight for independance.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Hmm that hardly makes any mention of the subject I was bringing up of education for your cause by translating the french only documents, but whatever floats your boat. I just think with more people being able to read both sides of the story it would help your cause more possibly in the long run if not open the comms to ideas.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Shmad said:
Hmm that hardly makes any mention of the subject I was bringing up of education for your cause by translating the french only documents, but whatever floats your boat. I just think with more people being able to read both sides of the story it would help your cause more possibly in the long run if not open the comms to ideas.

Ohh... Thought I already said it... I agree with it. More documents should be offered in english. In the long run, it might help some Canadians understand our cause.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Quebec should not be an independent country, their economy relies heavily on Canada anyways. We both need eachother

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Numure, good web site. It gives a lot of information that I didn't know. Such as the colonial rules and the periods in which they lasted.

There is a rich history in the province of Quebec and although a lot of it is infuriating, now is not the time for separation. Most of the reasons separatists seem to give reason for their views is events that have taken place in history. And that history is long gone now.

Anyways, the wikipedia link gave me a lot of info I should have known *before* I moved to Quebec.. Like assisez-vous compared to what I use, asseyez-vous. Une voiture vs. un auto. Good information there for me, definately.