Asylum Seekers

Daniel Rose

Jun 17, 2002
Everybody has probably heard about the Australian government and how they detain all asylum seekers without paperwork.
As I am currently in Australia, I noticed that the media in Canada and elsewhere puts a slant on their reporting, and I wondered what everybodies opinion on the treatment of these people is.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hey, I didnt know you left Toronto for Aussie. When are ya coming back?
----------------

as for the point of australian treatment of illegal immigrants, they have never historically accepted immigrants into their culture.. They've always been so strict. Even to simply visit aussie.

I don't see any issue on keeping them detained in camps to prevent them to illegally enter large cities. They are a threat to the Australian people and they have every right to deny them access to the country.

Especially that they're there illegally, they should be treated worse and deported instead of put into a camp and fed.

milky

Sep 18, 2014
Everybody has probably heard about the Australian government and how they detain all asylum seekers without paperwork.
As I am currently in Australia, I noticed that the media in Canada and elsewhere puts a slant on their reporting, and I wondered what everybodies opinion on the treatment of these people is.
i think they should be released into society, or if the government wants to prevent them from going underground, just put them in a more homelike environment. can be a fenced-in building with security guards and security cameras in the halls, but give them a key to their rooms and let them out in the building and yard anytime they want. and it should be run by charity workers who will teach them english. and the guards will simply patrol the way you see in public places, not tell them what to do.
i dont think they should be sent back if their lives are at risk, ever. it's like sending someone to his death.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Think of how desperate someone must be to claim asylum in a country that eats sh!t like this

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all we should be taking a much tougher line with illegals. If you are not a legal
citizen you should not be entitled to the rights of a citizen. Therefore detaining them for
a short period is fine. If they are a criminal or a person who should not be in our midst
should be deported without endless appeals. I am watching as people come here in an
illegal manner and jump the line to gain entry. We treat them with hid gloves we give
them assistance beyond anything our citizens would get and in the end we let them stay.
In the meantime we have all kinds of people who have gone through the system to gain
legitimate entry. Sometimes taking years to get their chance in Canada. These people
are almost being punished for adhering to the law.
In addition we have people who are citizens who are in need and they remain so because
we are cutting budgets that would provide needed assistance. If we are truly cutting and
living within our means then the benefits that remains should be reserved for citizens
only.
As for we are sending people back to certain danger? If we made known they won't be
staying here they won't come here anymore.
I am not against immigration or others coming to live in the setting of the Canadian family.
I am fine with people coming through legal immigration and becoming contributing citizens.
I am all for helping those who are citizens who need assistance. I am not in favor of
bringing illegals into the main stream of society and allowing them to stay here as if they
are legitimate citizens. They should be processed and shipped out of to the country
within a week and it would send a message.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
First of all we should be taking a much tougher line with illegals. If you are not a legal
citizen you should not be entitled to the rights of a citizen. Therefore detaining them for
a short period is fine. If they are a criminal or a person who should not be in our midst
should be deported without endless appeals. I am watching as people come here in an
illegal manner and jump the line to gain entry. We treat them with hid gloves we give
them assistance beyond anything our citizens would get and in the end we let them stay.
In the meantime we have all kinds of people who have gone through the system to gain
legitimate entry. Sometimes taking years to get their chance in Canada. These people
are almost being punished for adhering to the law.
In addition we have people who are citizens who are in need and they remain so because
we are cutting budgets that would provide needed assistance. If we are truly cutting and
living within our means then the benefits that remains should be reserved for citizens
only.
As for we are sending people back to certain danger? If we made known they won't be
staying here they won't come here anymore.
I am not against immigration or others coming to live in the setting of the Canadian family.
I am fine with people coming through legal immigration and becoming contributing citizens.
I am all for helping those who are citizens who need assistance. I am not in favor of
bringing illegals into the main stream of society and allowing them to stay here as if they
are legitimate citizens. They should be processed and shipped out of to the country
within a week and it would send a message.

Man oh man!

You are such a far right wing extremist!