Yazidi woman sees former owner on bus in London, Ontario

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Barbara Kay: The Yazidis are in danger of extinction and Ottawa's stopped helping

Nada survived sexual slavery at the hands of ISIL. Recently, in Ontario, she recognized the man who'd enslaved her in Iraq. What's he doing here?

A Yazidi family looks out from their accommodations at a camp for displaced persons in Dohuk, Iraq, on Feb. 22, 2017.Ryan Remiorz/CP

Barbara Kay

June 19, 2018
2:22 PM EDT

Filed under

I’ll call her “Nada,” not her real name.

Nada is a Yazidi woman from Sinjar, Iraq, now age 31. On Aug. 3, 2014, ISIL came for her people. The Kurdish Peshmerga, tasked with protecting them, fled, leaving them helpless. Nada and her two children — a boy, eight months and a girl, two — were separated from her husband and father-in-law, whom she never saw again.

The girls and women were taken to Mosul. As a married woman, Nada should not have been grouped with the girls, but she was. Their photographs were taken, overseen by an ISIL sex-slavery organizer (I’ll call him X; as you’ll learn, he remains newsworthy). They were taken to Raqqa in Syria, where Nada and her children were bought by an ISIL emir. For 10 days Nada was enjoyed by his soldiers.
ISIL survivors Suham Haji, left, Samira Hasan, centre, and Saud Khalid sit in the Dohuk Girls and Women Treatment and Support Centre in Dohuk, Iraq, on Feb. 22, 2017. The three women were among 900 being treated at the centre after being kidnapped and sold multiple times by ISIL before escaping captivity. Ryan Remiorz/CP

Then she was resold. In all she was passed around to 13 men, including X for some months. Her first owner eventually bought her back. She fell pregnant and gave birth to a baby girl, who was given to her owner’s family. Nada was eventually made “wife” to an Iraqi fighter. He would put a gun to her head or mock “hang” her children to keep her submissive. He would constantly tell her, “You are an infidel,” and “You are dirty.” But all her captors said those things constantly, including their kinswomen.

At one gruesome point, Nada told me through an interpreter during our hour-long interview at an educational meeting on the Yazidi situation this past Sunday, Nada and her children were forced to watch four men being beheaded. Eventually, because Nada speaks fluent Arabic and could pass as Muslim, she was able to escape with her children and contact family members in Kurdistan, who paid for smugglers to take them there.

Canada accepted Nada and her children, but not her father or sister. She has been living in London, Ont., for eight months. Recently, on a bus, she recognized X — the slave-market boss who had owned her and used her for months. They got off at the same stop. X saw her, covered his face and ran off.

They got off at the same stop. X saw her, covered his face and ran ofNada went to the refugee centre and told them the man’s real name and his ISIL name. The official there responded that she was too traumatized to be sure of what she saw. And then that person reportedly told her, “Don’t tell anyone.”

But Nada, who doesn’t need to be submissive any more, told me. I will be happy to share this man’s identity with any immigration official who asks for it. Maybe he’s the only ISIL member who slipped through Canada’s vetting net, or maybe he’s one of a hundred. Nada doesn’t care, nor (at the moment) do I. She does not want to spend her life in Canada terrified she will cross his path again, nor should she have to.

An Iraqi woman from the Yazidi community cries at her house, which was badly damaged by Islamic State fighters, during their occupation of Bashiqa, east of Mosul, Iraq, on Dec. 7, 2016. Hadi Mizban/AP In June, 2016, a United Nations report declared that the slaughter, sexual slavery and rounding up of Yazidis to “erase their identity” met the 1948 Convention on Genocide’s criteria for genocide. In October of 2016, Canadian MPs unanimously supported a motion by Conservative MP and immigration critic Michelle Rempel to bring in an unspecified number of Yazidi women and girls within 120 days. Following “much study,” our government agreed to bring more than a thousand “victims of ISIL,” including Yazidis, by the end of 2017.
In mid-October, 2017, the government said it was “on track” to meet its target and had taken in about 800 ISIL survivors from Iraq, Lebanon and Turkey. By year’s end, 981 victims, 81 per cent of them Yazidi, arrived in Canada. Although the government is committed to taking those Yazidi already in process, “the (Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees Canada) department will not be receiving any new applications under this initiative,” IRCC spokeswoman Faith St. John told CBC news.

Why not? It is baffling to me that the gravity of the situation for this tiny people — perhaps a million in all — has failed to arouse the critical mass of support it deserves in its darkest hour. Along with the Assyrians and Kurds, the Yazidis are the Indigenous people of their ancient, sacred space in northern Iraq, with a culture reaching back 6,000 years. Monotheistic, non-proselytizing, peaceful, with no history of enmity to others, they have endured 74 genocidal campaigns, including, in 1914-18 (alongside the Armenians) the loss of 350,000 members under the Turks. They risk extinction as a viable entity.
Refugees deserve our sympathy, but displaced Muslims are surrounded by millions of religious brethren, and may someday, perhaps sooner than later, return to their homes. The Yazidi are now and for the foreseeable future a people in exile. If choices must be made, our government should prioritize victims of genocide over refugees.

For more information on the Yazidi situation, visit Yezidihumanrights.org/news.php.

Barbara Kay: The Yazidis are in danger of extinction and Ottawa’s stopped helping | National Post

This is just so outrageous.

You can depend on Canada to do nothing.

The Trudeau gov't, for all his talk of "feminism", has consistently dragged their feet when it come to saving women that are the victims of sex slavery, and people that are the target of genocide.

The only reason the Liberals took the steps they did was they were pushed to it by those heartless Conservatives. This after they eliminated the preferential treatment given Christians (another persecuted group) from the area, despite the fact that particular subsection would have slid into Canadian society basically seamlessly.

This guy needs to be hunted down, and tried for war crimes (if not a Canadian citizen) or treason (if he is a Canadian citizen). Personally, I'd like to see him hanged from a lamp post on Yonge Street, but shot would be almost as satisfying. But, Canada being what it is, I suppose I'd have to be happy with 25 years (the only possible sentence for high treason) or a couple of years and then expulsion, if war crimes was the charge.

This so pisses me off. I watched a "selection" at the time on YouTube. Yazidis were brought into a courtyard, the young girls and women torn away from their families, and the others taken away, most never to be seen again. So reminiscent of Auschwitz.

In 2019, Trudeau and the Liberals have got to go.

They are simply scum.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
To have Trudeau run around crying inhumane treatment that Trump is heaping on boarder jumpers while protecting Isil scum is beyond me

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
JT is hopelessly lost in a world of law and order, it's beyound his ability to comprehend

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Barbara Kay: The Yazidis are in danger of extinction and Ottawa's stopped helping

Nada survived sexual slavery at the hands of ISIL. Recently, in Ontario, she recognized the man who'd enslaved her in Iraq. What's he doing here?

A Yazidi family looks out from their accommodations at a camp for displaced persons in Dohuk, Iraq, on Feb. 22, 2017.Ryan Remiorz/CP

Barbara Kay

June 19, 2018
2:22 PM EDT

Filed under

I’ll call her “Nada,” not her real name.

Nada is a Yazidi woman from Sinjar, Iraq, now age 31. On Aug. 3, 2014, ISIL came for her people. The Kurdish Peshmerga, tasked with protecting them, fled, leaving them helpless. Nada and her two children — a boy, eight months and a girl, two — were separated from her husband and father-in-law, whom she never saw again.

The girls and women were taken to Mosul. As a married woman, Nada should not have been grouped with the girls, but she was. Their photographs were taken, overseen by an ISIL sex-slavery organizer (I’ll call him X; as you’ll learn, he remains newsworthy). They were taken to Raqqa in Syria, where Nada and her children were bought by an ISIL emir. For 10 days Nada was enjoyed by his soldiers.
ISIL survivors Suham Haji, left, Samira Hasan, centre, and Saud Khalid sit in the Dohuk Girls and Women Treatment and Support Centre in Dohuk, Iraq, on Feb. 22, 2017. The three women were among 900 being treated at the centre after being kidnapped and sold multiple times by ISIL before escaping captivity. Ryan Remiorz/CP

Then she was resold. In all she was passed around to 13 men, including X for some months. Her first owner eventually bought her back. She fell pregnant and gave birth to a baby girl, who was given to her owner’s family. Nada was eventually made “wife” to an Iraqi fighter. He would put a gun to her head or mock “hang” her children to keep her submissive. He would constantly tell her, “You are an infidel,” and “You are dirty.” But all her captors said those things constantly, including their kinswomen.

At one gruesome point, Nada told me through an interpreter during our hour-long interview at an educational meeting on the Yazidi situation this past Sunday, Nada and her children were forced to watch four men being beheaded. Eventually, because Nada speaks fluent Arabic and could pass as Muslim, she was able to escape with her children and contact family members in Kurdistan, who paid for smugglers to take them there.

Canada accepted Nada and her children, but not her father or sister. She has been living in London, Ont., for eight months. Recently, on a bus, she recognized X — the slave-market boss who had owned her and used her for months. They got off at the same stop. X saw her, covered his face and ran off.

They got off at the same stop. X saw her, covered his face and ran ofNada went to the refugee centre and told them the man’s real name and his ISIL name. The official there responded that she was too traumatized to be sure of what she saw. And then that person reportedly told her, “Don’t tell anyone.”

But Nada, who doesn’t need to be submissive any more, told me. I will be happy to share this man’s identity with any immigration official who asks for it. Maybe he’s the only ISIL member who slipped through Canada’s vetting net, or maybe he’s one of a hundred. Nada doesn’t care, nor (at the moment) do I. She does not want to spend her life in Canada terrified she will cross his path again, nor should she have to.

An Iraqi woman from the Yazidi community cries at her house, which was badly damaged by Islamic State fighters, during their occupation of Bashiqa, east of Mosul, Iraq, on Dec. 7, 2016. Hadi Mizban/AP In June, 2016, a United Nations report declared that the slaughter, sexual slavery and rounding up of Yazidis to “erase their identity” met the 1948 Convention on Genocide’s criteria for genocide. In October of 2016, Canadian MPs unanimously supported a motion by Conservative MP and immigration critic Michelle Rempel to bring in an unspecified number of Yazidi women and girls within 120 days. Following “much study,” our government agreed to bring more than a thousand “victims of ISIL,” including Yazidis, by the end of 2017.
In mid-October, 2017, the government said it was “on track” to meet its target and had taken in about 800 ISIL survivors from Iraq, Lebanon and Turkey. By year’s end, 981 victims, 81 per cent of them Yazidi, arrived in Canada. Although the government is committed to taking those Yazidi already in process, “the (Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees Canada) department will not be receiving any new applications under this initiative,” IRCC spokeswoman Faith St. John told CBC news.

Why not? It is baffling to me that the gravity of the situation for this tiny people — perhaps a million in all — has failed to arouse the critical mass of support it deserves in its darkest hour. Along with the Assyrians and Kurds, the Yazidis are the Indigenous people of their ancient, sacred space in northern Iraq, with a culture reaching back 6,000 years. Monotheistic, non-proselytizing, peaceful, with no history of enmity to others, they have endured 74 genocidal campaigns, including, in 1914-18 (alongside the Armenians) the loss of 350,000 members under the Turks. They risk extinction as a viable entity.
Refugees deserve our sympathy, but displaced Muslims are surrounded by millions of religious brethren, and may someday, perhaps sooner than later, return to their homes. The Yazidi are now and for the foreseeable future a people in exile. If choices must be made, our government should prioritize victims of genocide over refugees.

For more information on the Yazidi situation, visit Yezidihumanrights.org/news.php.

Barbara Kay: The Yazidis are in danger of extinction and Ottawa’s stopped helping | National Post

This is just so outrageous.

You can depend on Canada to do nothing.

The Trudeau gov't, for all his talk of "feminism", has consistently dragged their feet when it come to saving women that are the victims of sex slavery, and people that are the target of genocide.

The only reason the Liberals took the steps they did was they were pushed to it by those heartless Conservatives. This after they eliminated the preferential treatment given Christians (another persecuted group) from the area, despite the fact that particular subsection would have slid into Canadian society basically seamlessly.

This guy needs to be hunted down, and tried for war crimes (if not a Canadian citizen) or treason (if he is a Canadian citizen). Personally, I'd like to see him hanged from a lamp post on Yonge Street, but shot would be almost as satisfying. But, Canada being what it is, I suppose I'd have to be happy with 25 years (the only possible sentence for high treason) or a couple of years and then expulsion, if war crimes was the charge.

This so pisses me off. I watched a "selection" at the time on YouTube. Yazidis were brought into a courtyard, the young girls and women torn away from their families, and the others taken away, most never to be seen again. So reminiscent of Auschwitz.

In 2019, Trudeau and the Liberals have got to go.

They are simply scum.

How sad that as part of the LIE-beral "farewell tour" we can not make them sit through and listen to a reading of the above report! It looks very much like Our idiot Boy Justin will slip quietly away after being disgraced in the next election!

Our idiot Boy will wander into the sunset to his trust fund and avoid any real consequences for his MASSIVE political vandalism that is masquerading as public policy!

The idiot Boy will settle in to write his memoirs- and he probably WILL sell a bunch of copies- after all- carrying his book and quoting from it will probably become mandatory for LIE-berals in the same fashion Chinese Communists had to carry Mao`s Little Red Book!

And here is a fun question: do you suppose Aga Khan - whom Trudope scandalously LIED about visiting at his private island at Christmas 2016- will admit knowing Our idiot Boy 2 years from now?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
This is absolutely criminal! This government must answer for it's hateful behavior.

LIE-berals are so biased and bigoted they make up sins to accuse us of- while DENYING their own bigotry and failings!!!!

WE have had ample warnings of the dangers of uncontrolled immigration- distressed Europeans routinely try to tell us of the problerms they are facing- and of the DELIBERATE govt cover ups of scandalous criminal behaviour!

Somebody else posted this but I think its worth reposting as an illustration of whats wrong with LIE-beral style immigration law and security standards-and there are some comments of my own in brackets):

A Female Doctor Working in Germany Warns the World.

"Yesterday, at the hospital in Germany where I work, we had a meeting about how the influx of muslim immigrants from the middle east is simply unsustainable. Walk in Health Clinics cannot handle emergencies, being overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of serious health emergencies, they are starting to send everything to the hospitals.

(Half starved people who have fled chaotic war zones and lived in unsanitary conditions for long periods will have all manner of physical ailments. And mental health issues as well. Germans took in a million Muslims without any real planning for COSTS! Bad enough refugees have been through war zones-but then to dump then into slum housing in an alien land where they can sit and brood and wait for their next welfare cheque must be even more disorienting?)

Many Muslims are refusing treatment by female staff here in Germany. The Muslim men make sick, crude comments and overtures to the female staff members, because to them any non-Muslim woman is a whore or a future slave. After brief exposure to these cruel, sadistic, female hating beasts, we, women, are refusing to go among those animals, especially the Muslim men from Africa.

(Multi-culturalism is all fun and games till somebody decides tolerance is NOT an option-and too many Muslims are raised from birth to believe in our moral inferiority! One cannot make peace with or even tolerate such an attitude!)

Relations between the female hospital staff and Muslim immigrants are going from bad to worse. Since, the assault and unreported rapes of German women last weekend migrants going to the hospitals must be accompanied by police with K-9 units.

(Imagine that-German hospital staff have the SAME SORT OF COMPLAINTS as Cdn teachers in New Brunswick!)

Very high numbers of migrants have AIDS, syphilis, open TB and many exotic diseases that we, in Europe, do not know how to treat them.

If they receive a prescription in the pharmacy, when they learn they have to pay cash they become violent. They were told in the middle east that everything in Germany would be free. Everything would be handed to them on a silver platter.

(Oh my, it’s the Mariel Boat Lift all over again! Once upon a time Cuban swine castro opened up all his prisons-for both criminals and political prisoners, along with his insane asylums and dumped all the newly freed but unwanted Cuabn trouble makers into boats and sent them off to United States. Castor had a big laugh watching Yankees dealing with drug addicts, dealers and assorted LOONS! And it seems that Muslim countries have also decided to lure away their least wanted and most awkward citizens.)

(And we Cdns have had the same “dump the mutts on us” experience with the Shaking Lady-the Czech Gypsy FRAUD who begged on the streets and made a nice living at it while hubby and son collected welfare and lived in a nice apartment in Markham-and after a long day of “shaking” to feign illness, the Shaking Lady would slip off and ride home in a nice car-driven by son. Life was so good for this fraud artist that she traveled back to Czech Republic with family AND GOT PAID by Czech govt to make commercials telling other Gypsies how good life was in Canada! Just what we needed-a pack of new Cdns who are the reality behind the word: “GYPE”! And all courtesy of vote buying LIE-berals!)

Finding out that they MUST pay for certain things leads to loud, violent, outbursts, especially when it is about drugs for the children. Many of these Muslim immigrants kidnapped children, so that, their social benefits would be higher once they landed in Germany.

(And that sort of crap happens here as well-one has only to read of the despicable death of poor Randall Dooley-beaten to death by his welfare cheat step mom and convicted cocaine dealer father-living in Canada while gaming the LIE-beral welfare and immigration systems! And Randall and his brother were simply pawns to get welfare cash!)

Finding that they would have to pay for the children's drugs, they gave up the ruse and abandoned the children with pharmacy staff with the words: "So, cure them here yourselves!"

Now, the police are not just guarding the clinics and hospitals, but also large pharmacies.

Truly we said openly: Where are all those who had welcomed in front of TV cameras, with signs at train stations?! Yes, for now, the border has been closed, but a million of them are already here and we will definitely not be able to get rid of them.

(And I have to ask WHY it would be good for Canada to import a large pack of these people? WE can see it is GOOD for LIE-berals who want to buy votes-but clearly there is no other useful purpose! In fact there IS clearly substantial HARM!)

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Yazidi's aren't muslims. What do you think? :-(

If Canadian Muslims had any decency they would be stepping up to help the YazidiIs, after all it's the hateful ideology of the Muslim religion that caused the problems for the Yazidis.

It's high time these Muslim scum bags showed us they have decency and worthy of becoming Canadians

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
In Iraq when i was there the Muslims treated the Yazidis like complete scum. Even at the time of the Sinjar Genocide the Muslims didn't care one bit about the Yazidis being killed off.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
In Iraq when i was there the Muslims treated the Yazidis like complete scum. Even at the time of the Sinjar Genocide the Muslims didn't care one bit about the Yazidis being killed off.

Very unfortunate, but I don’t think even Muslims care about Muslims being killed off over there, is that the case?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Yes.

The Shi'ites treated the Sunni Refugees way worse than any alt white right group from Canada has ever treated the refugees here.

LIE-beral hypocrisy and duplicity are TRULY REMARKABLE THINGS!!!!!!!

Here is yet more proof of the relentless hypocrisy of our LIE-beral overlords-with some comments of my own in brackets):

Controversial Muslim preacher to speak in Calgary

By Nadia Moharib, Calgary Sun. First posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 10:54 PM EDT | Updated: Saturday, June 09, 2012 11:00 PM EDT

CALGARY - The controversial Muslim preacher who says homosexuals are evil and advocates for their death is set to speak at an upcoming event in Calgary.

(How is it that Albertans are comfortable firing teacher Jim Keegstra for being a Jewish Holocaust denier and threatening him with legal punishment if he persists in spreading his hate but Muslim hate not only gets ignored-LIE-berals jump up and consider it an honour to defend Muslim “freedom of speech”?)

Dr. Bilal Philips, a Canadian-born Muslim preacher with reputed links to terrorists who's been ousted from several countries, is to be a speaker at the Power of Unity Conference.

The event, being held by the Muslim Council of Calgary June 29 to July 1, aims to celebrate multiculturalism and more than a half-century of Islam in Canada.

(No wonder Muslims want to celebrate multiculturalsim- its given them the opportunity to colonize us and to rebuild our society in THEIR IMAGE-with the aid of shameless vote buying, power mad LIE-berals!)

Pride Calgary spokesman Doug Hass is disappointed Philips, on a roster alongside nearly two dozen speakers, is invited to spread his "hatred" here.

Saying the organization isn't planning any protests, Hass wouldn't be surprised if some people show up to voice their opinion at the event.

"It is a disappointment," he said Saturday.

"We respect freedom of speech and religion. But I believe religion is about peace, love and tolerance, not wishing death against any community."

(Yes-as we have seen many times before their DO respect freedom of speech just so long as its THEIR FREEDOM! OUR FREEDOM is NEGOTIABLE - depending on LIE-beral vote calculations and LIE-beral party support!)

Ald. Diane Colley-Urquhart said Philips' track record is concerning, but he will be monitored during his Calgary visit to ensure he doesn't cross the line from freedom of speech to pushing hatred.

"I absolutely believe in freedom of speech," she said.

(What a waste- do cops not have better things to do than babysit some loud mouthed goof who has already violated Cdn law by smearing some Cdns whose gender preferences he does not like?)

"We have a police service that takes hate crimes extremely seriously and a police chief that is very committed to tolerance.

(Yes-very committed to tolerance-especially since LIE-berals have tied the Chiefs hands so LIE-berals can BUY Muslim votes! Apparently LIE-berals have counted up the Gay community numbers and decided they prefer-and WILL DISCRIMINATE IN FAVOUR of their Muslim pals! And doesn’t it serve those Gays right for being independent minded and focused on the environment and economy and not simply following and slavishly supporting LIE-beral policy like whipped dogs? Regardless of what values LIE-berals chose to support this week!)

"On the other hand, the chief also respects freedom of speech ... You can march, you can be free to say whatever you want to say -- your views and beliefs end where my rights begin."

Colley-Urquhart finds it "somewhat ironic" Philips is invited to speak at a conference aiming to unite people.

"I guess every time one of these characters comes to town and espouses extreme divisive views there is always a chance to stand up and say it doesn't define our city," she said.

Calgary immigration lawyer Raj Sharma will speak about multiculturalism at the conference. He signed up unaware Philips was also on the list.

He said his position of an "inclusive, pluralistic" Canada where "homosexuals have the same rights" as anyone else is very different from Philips' stance, and he hopes Philips' attendance won't detract from the aim of the event to look at how Muslims are part of the Canadian tapestry.

"All Canadians should be concerned about hate speech, specific groups should not be targeted with that kind of vitriol," Sharma said.

Philips was kicked out of Kenya earlier this year amid security concerns.

Britain and Australia have barred him and Germany kicked him out last year.

On his website, the Islamic convert said AIDS is a message from God about the perils of homosexuality and last year in Toronto he was quoted as saying "according to Islamic law, homosexuals should be executed if caught in the act."

Mayor Naheed Nenshi and Calgary police were unavailable for comment Saturday while a Power of Unity Conference spokesman declined to comment.

(We really ought to recognize that Muslims such as Calgary mayor Nenshi and Sun writer Tarek Fatah are seen by a majority of Muslims as being sell outs and apostates doomed to HELL. Free speech is not normally considered acceptable when the object of the speech is designed to GUT major parts of our constitution! And it ought to be especially restricted when we are at war with ISIS, Hezzbollah, Al Quaida, Hamas, Boko Haram, Daesh and a host of other Muslim battle groups all fighting to injure or destroy us!)

(To suggest that radical Muslims should have rights here is like offering Nazis the same rights in 1941! Its just plain WRONG! Too bad LIE-berals are to power mad to realize their error in buying radical Muslim votes!)

(The real irony in all this is that a decade ago when Ontari-owe Muslims approached LIE-beral premier Dalton McGinty about making Sharia Law the legal framework for divorce in the Muslim community, it was Muslim women who were instrumental in killing that religious request! Even Muslim women are leary of losing their Cdn style rights to radical Muslims!)

nadia.moharib at sunmedia