$10 a Day Child Care

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Nah. We didn't use petroleum.

Quote:

petroleum (external - login to view)-Ancient Native Americans in present-day Pennsylvania lit petroleum, which seeped from underground to fire ceremonial fires. In addition, they also used petroleum to cover their bodies against insect bites and as a form or jelly to prevent their skins drying out.[1] (external - login to view)

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native..._contributions (external - login to view)
I've used engine oil for that myself working one summer in the bush wood cutting....Fly dope didn't work too good when you sweat a lot in them days.....

Damn...does it ever give you a nice tan............... I actually looked native at the end of the summer that year!

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduynView Post

I gassed up before my mishap for .84 at Costco and it was 1.03 when I was discharged, and 1.09 in Cochrane on Friday, (its usually a few cents less in Airdrie)

Isn't it "budda-boom tish"

As long as you are paying rent or own property you are paying and will continue to pay for it, a portion of property taxes go to schooling, your tax assessment should tell you how much, (it is included in rent as well). Now, I don't know what happens once you move to the manor or lodge or whatever the euphemism of the day is.

Raisin wharehouse.

Dixie Cup
Conservative

Well, they're just trying to encourage the Old Stock Canadians to breed, lest y'all be overrun by brown folks.

Musta sucked paying off the student loans for your primary school.

Didn't get a loan - paid it myself. It's a concept called "savings" which seems not to exist anymore

Not that I don't know that I was still subsidized - just not "overtly". I meant it when I said I earned every penny and paid my own way thank you very much!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie CupView Post

Didn't get a loan - paid it myself. It's a concept called "savings" which seems not to exist anymore

You paid for your primary school? With money you saved up? How old were you when you went to grade one, 24?

Quote:

Not that I don't know that I was still subsidized - just not "overtly". I meant it when I said I earned every penny and paid my own way thank you very much!

So, if you're subsidized, but it's not overt, you're paying your own way?

OK, thanks.

Dixie Cup
Conservative

Maybe in Canada, but then, y'all think hockey is a sport.

I'm just amused at the folk who say "Ah PAYED fer evathang I got!"

Yeah - it's called NOT living off the government teat! I understand that education and health care are subsidized by the government. I'm not entirely clueless!! But there are benefits and grants and loans that are available to those who want them and I have never accessed any of them - that's all I'm trying to say. But of course, you would prefer to maligne me instead. Go for it! I don't offend - I'm not a SJW LOL

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie CupView Post

Yeah - it's called NOT living off the government teat! I understand that education and health care are subsidized by the government. I'm not entirely clueless!!

And yet you claim that you paid for everything you got. Education, roads, public buildings (many of which were built and paid off before you were born), &c.

Quote:

But there are benefits and grants and loans that are available to those who want them and I have never accessed any of them - that's all I'm trying to say. But of course, you would prefer to maligne me instead. Go for it!

I didn't malign you. I pointed out the error in your thinking.

Quote:

I don't offend - I'm not a SJW LOL

You don't offend me, but you seem pretty offended, your rather pro forma denial notwithstanding.

Do you oppose social justice, Dix? You don't seem to think much of it.

I imagine the amount of government money I've sucked up'd earn your hatred and contempt. Especially since I don't pay taxes.