Carbon credits for CO2 scrubbers

Should a carbon tax credit be available for CO2 machines that are solar operated?

• yes, a credit should be available

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No, a credit should NOT be available

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
If I could build a CO2 scrubbing machine that runs on solar energy, do you agree that I should be eligable for a carbon tax credit?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No coal is bad , we don't want coal . Develop a self charging battery instead .
Tax credits are only for good people and ideas . We may however find a suitable subsidy for you .

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
No coal is bad , we don't want coal . Develop a self charging battery instead .
Tax credits are only for good people and ideas . We may however find a suitable subsidy for you .

To be clear, I wasnt talking about scrubbing CO2 from anything that is coal fired. I'm thinking about a high tech device that sits in my back yard. The sun is its only source of energy, and it scrubs the CO2 from the air.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Sure, $100/quarterly and the $50,000 that it costs you set up a business that is qualified to run something like that. Use the extra CO2 in greenhouses and check the O2 on the air exiting and if it increased you bet a check.
An underwater grow op would be easy to set up that uses that principle. Engines from big trucks and similar are CO2 rich in their exhaust rather than being coal based. That being said it would need to be computer controlled to keep the emissions where they are supposed to be.
Plants at home might even qualify as would solar powered ozone machines as that breaks down into 02 within 1 hour of being created.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
To be clear, I wasnt talking about scrubbing CO2 from anything that is coal fired. I'm thinking about a high tech device that sits in my back yard. The sun is its only source of energy, and it scrubs the CO2 from the air.

Have you made a donation to the Liberal Party of Canada? That answer will likely be the same as the answer to your question.

And even though your idea would be great for the environment, you have to realize that that doesn't matter in the world of carbon revenues.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I was thinking of a machine called a tree. It scrubs CO2 from the air and it is driven by solar power. Surely, the Liberal government would want to give me credit for that.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Pro tip: DOn't put it near the garden since the plants need CO2 to survive. AND wait for it............ plants are solar powered CO2 scrubbers.