Canada Is Surging Ahead In Clean Technologies

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Canada > America

Canada Is Surging Ahead In Clean Technologies

Clean technologies are increasingly being viewed as a future driver for the Canadian economy, creating well-paid jobs and export revenues.

The recently released Global Cleantech 100, a rigorously researched list of the world’s most promising clean technology ventures, reveals why: Of the 100 companies listed, 11 were Canadian.

That’s astonishing representation for a country of our population size. Canada was second only to the United States, which had 52 companies on the list, and well ahead of France, Germany and the United Kingdom, which had seven each.

Canada has strength across the cleantech board. The companies listed work in areas such as energy efficiency, water treatment, carbon capture, precision agriculture and even nuclear fusion. They include firms like smart thermostat manufacturer Ecobee, which focuses on the consumer market, and Axine Water, which uses an electrochemical process to cleanse industrial waste water.

After years under the Harper government when there wasn’t much to cheer about and the sector was given little international profile, Canada is roaring back onto the global stage for clean technologies.

Canada Is Surging Ahead In Clean Technologies | Tyler Hamilton

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
We're doomed. You posting this always means the opposite will happen or has already happened.

I wonder how far behind we are going to fall?

What do you think the weather will be tomorrow? I want to know how not to dress.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Strange, I thought you (mentalfloss) had said we were WAY behind the rest of the world....... and if I remember right..... it really wasn't that long ago that you were singing that tune.

and most of those companies were founded during, or just before Harper's Conservatives were in power or in opposition. Seems that Trudeau's Liberals had absolutely nothing to do with them.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Gerry, did you even read the article?

After years under the Harper government when there wasn’t much to cheer about and the sector was given little international profile, Canada is roaring back onto the global stage for clean technologies.

Like I said..... none are new, all have been around since Harper and before.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
But not successful under him.
Geez, did YOU even read the article, or did you simply fail to comprehend it? From an investor quoted in the article; If the US wants to get out of the clean tech game now, we'll be happy to eat their lunch.

You should be praising Trump. It's his policy that's the reason for the surge.